More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 08:14:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Overheating has gone too far!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Overheating has gone too far!!  (Read 19395 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Overheating has gone too far!!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 10, 23:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just do Yoga!! You're sims never overheat while doing it. Smiley
Yoga is very relaxing, don'tcha know?
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 11, 01:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The treadmill is annoying but I have lost 2 playable sims that burst into flames in a hot tub while visiting another lot.  There has to be something that can be done about Sims being too stupid to get out of a hot tub or stop playing instruments when visiting.  I have had visitors stay for days doing those 2 things while the family went about their business ignoring them.

Funny thing is, when I got my new computer I loaded only the original Sims 2 at first and visitors jumped right out of the hot tub when they were hungry, etc. so it must have worked before  Undecided.  Now it's just more important than the minor annoyance it used to be.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 11, 02:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note that the alternate URL http://148.122.173.174/pplace/main.htm works, so maybe the simwardrobe.com domain has just gone down.

*presses "Thanks" button* Now I have something to hold me over until the Awesome version is released.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 11, 04:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for an awesome hack as well. I'd like sims to be able to burn and freeze, mine stay depressingly normal mostly, but I don't like the idea of the unrealistic temperature changes.

As for plantsims, I'd like my sims to be able to become plantsims in the game, maybe a little more rarely, but still possible. After all, there is a potion, it's not irreversible.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 11, 12:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for an awesome hack as well. I'd like sims to be able to burn and freeze, mine stay depressingly normal mostly, but I don't like the idea of the unrealistic temperature changes.

As for plantsims, I'd like my sims to be able to become plantsims in the game, maybe a little more rarely, but still possible. After all, there is a potion, it's not irreversible.

I agree with.. all of this. lol
Mine are irritatingly hard to get too cold or too hot. I've yet to have one burn up and twice had one freeze, fall over, then immediately (and I mean before I had time to click on her roommate to come out and warm her back up) pop back up to go "Oh look! SNOW!" -facepalm-

I did manage to get one plantsim fairly quickly thanks to having a lot of plants and leaving them to get buggy till they were aaaaaaalll infested. I like the idea of one hack I found, when they do the prank on another sim, if the sim is beyond a certain energy point, they get infected. It's on MTS2. I don't know if I should trust it though. After all.. it's MTS2 and UnAwesome.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 11, 21:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't asking about your layout, I was getting some odd readings from my layout. Apparently, attics operate a little oddly in Seasons. I am now going to have to launch a detailed probe into the issue, as the only reaction that makes any sense to the CURRENT readings I'm getting are "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over?".

The attics part is interesting.  I started an Extreme Legacy, and started off with a Roof 'house'.  Just a roof in other words, with a door in the side.  While it did stop the snow and rain from getting in, and the lightning from striking inside, light snow also covered the inside of the roof (on the ground and bed and any objects). The sim would come close to freezing inside in Winter, and overheating in summer.  This stayed the same even after adding extra side walls on the two ends.  I noticed the difference immediately when I rebuilt the house on a foundation with proper walls and roofing.

I'm wondering at this moment if it's just the area directly under roofs that has this effect or if any homes built on the ground will do this too.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 11, 23:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering at this moment if it's just the area directly under roofs that has this effect or if any homes built on the ground will do this too.
It seems to affect the area under the roof. I suspected roof-areas might become buggy in advance, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 12, 01:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing on a no-foundation lot and it's working fine. I'll doublecheck to see if there's anything upstairs, like a floor walling off the snow that comes through the roof.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 12, 05:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realised that the attic is no longer considered to be inside as well.  I had to build a roof, delete the roof walls that were higher than regular walls, use regular walls and put a small roof on the top of the regular walls, because they were of course not lining up with the roof anymore.

I am not sure, if that was clear, but I think, walls that are created when using the roof tool are no longer considered walls. That would explain why you got light snow, because the roof was there, but no walls. That means it is considered outside, but covered.

I actually like this change, because if you wallpaper the attic, the wallpaper will no longer reach up to the roof.

ETA: This does definitely not affect houses without a foundation. I have played several of those and they work fine.

I just realised the change in the attic, because I wasnīt able to place a lamp without moveObjects on. The message was "must be placed inside". That was always the case when the attic wasnīt enclosed by walls all the way, the only difference is that the walls that are created by the roof tool are no longer considered to be proper walls.

The houses in Riverblossom Hills that already have an attic are build the way I described. You can see that the roof has two parts when you click a story up. Itīs only a little annoying, that I have to redo all my older houses. I used an attic in nearly all of them.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 12, 05:49:34 by abelle » Logged
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 12, 08:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this interesting from Paladin at Sim Wardrobe

Prevents sims from randomly bursting into flames when they are hot.Requires the Seasons expansion pack.

Notes:
The seasons expansion pack has sims bursting into flames all over the place. It made me rather curious about just why that was. So I poked around in the code and was rather surprised about what I found.

If your sim's temperature is greater than or equal to 70, there is a 1 in 100 chance of the sim bursting into flames. There is a chance of this happening once every 15 minutes. Objects such as the treadmill rapidly push your sims temperature over 70. It should be noted that your sim will suffer heat exhaustion at 100, so the threshold for bursting into flames is actually much lower.

This is perhaps the most user unfriendly piece of code that I could imagine them adding. At least with this fix people can use the treadmill and hot tub without fear of sim-immolation.

www.simwardrobe.com

Twink
This is what happened with my Sim.  When he caught on fire, he had a deperation icon of needing to cool down(the glass)  it was only after the old lady had put out the flames that he got the heatstroke icon.  i have had a lot of Sims work out since and none of them had any probs.  I got the hack that is mentioned earlier in the thread and it is interesting,  i have a community lot that has 10 treadmills and I sent my sim up to work out and there were 10 sims standing there in front of the treadmills like free will was off.  I went down a few floors to see if other sims were standing still too but they were fine.  I guess when a sims gets too hot they are forced to stop till they cool down.  Kind of interesting they started moving again after they cooled down.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 12, 10:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I vote for an awesome hack as well.

Yes, me too!

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 12, 15:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't we NEED an awesome version for skillinator to work properly during summer seasons, as treadmill running followed by caffeination and hot showers will keep a sims's temperature high enough to go boom on a hot day? At the least there needs to be a macro->cool down that skillinator will pop into after doing such activities...

INFP or something
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 12, 15:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also prefer the awesome version.  Occasional combustion for more logical reasons is fine.  While we're on the subject, I'd also love an awesome hack that lowered the chance of plant sims happening without killing it altogether.  :p

I had one little girl freeze after making one snowman, and a little boy get very very hot jumping on a bed, but I quit without saving both times before the Social Worker could come.  Now I keep a very close eye on everyone's heat.  Though it's annoying to see a Sim go into red while fishing 2 days into Fall.

I've been farming/growing non-stop, but have only even gotten the possibility of spraying twice.  Over use of lady bugs, I guess.  (Higher quality food if you don't spray!)

OK, I play really REALLY boring - I try to keep everyone happy, I've never had a vampire, a zombie a warewolf or a plant person - or even an alien.  No one bursting into flames.  I almost never have romance or party sims.  Almost no affairs or fights.  None of my children flunk out or get taken away from their parents.  

I just realized that I must be the most boring person to ever play any of the Sims games!   Angry  Is there an award for that - or at least an intervention?

That's it - when I get home from work, grandpa's going on the treadmill!  And grandma's having a fling with the gardener!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 12, 15:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be a boring player as well. I have four vamps, two child half-aliens, and the default Maxis creatures and that's it.

No objection to them per se, but my playing style, when my game is cooperative, doesn't lead me to do things to cause supernatural events.

Only death has been from old age. No social workers, no Fs.

Then again, I don't generally get to play for very long before my game decides to go into game coma. It's irritating.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 12, 16:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I play really REALLY boring - I try to keep everyone happy, I've never had a vampire, a zombie a warewolf or a plant person - or even an alien.  No one bursting into flames.  I almost never have romance or party sims.  Almost no affairs or fights.  None of my children flunk out or get taken away from their parents. 

I just realized that I must be the most boring person to ever play any of the Sims games!   Angry  Is there an award for that - or at least an intervention?

Sorry, you'll have compete with me for that title.  Tongue

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 12, 22:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My husband doesn't understand why I like this game because everything is always perfect--what could be the fun in that?  Well , in a world where there is chaos and you have no control over anything, it is nice to retreat to your utopian society and enjoy being your simmie's god.  It gives me peace.  That is why craziness like bursting into flames interupts my peace!!!!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 13, 01:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game is usually pretty happy and fun. I've had a few aliens,and  one or two vampires. No werewolves yet, and no zombies, as I don't like the zombies, not too enamored of the plantsims either.

My sims usually die of old age, though I've had a few scared to death and I used the testing cheats to electrocute a nanny to death once.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 13, 02:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bizarrely, while I was putting Seasons through its paces today, one of my vampires was abducted by aliens.  I wasn't deliberately trying to make it happen, I just happened to be playing them Wink

Oh yeah.  I'm guessing that vampires are impervious to the cold.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 13, 02:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only abductee is a vampire as well. Knowledge, so he was happy about it. The best part was that his girlfriend kept laughing at him about being probed.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: