More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 01:05:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Pets Patch Round II
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets Patch Round II  (Read 5430 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Pets Patch Round II
« on: 2007 March 09, 06:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We are about to send another Pets Patch to QA for testing, to be released to you soon. It will address the genetics issues that were caused by the last patch, plus a number of other fixes. We'll have a precise list of what the patch fixes up on the website soon. Thank you all for your bug submissions for this!

-sam

They actually have a QA department?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Pets Patch Round II
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 09, 06:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe the QA stands for Quality Assholes  Wink
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 09, 06:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quantity Assurance?
Querulous Apes?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 09, 06:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually... I was thinking it was Maxian spelling for Ca, as in Caca, as in totally, complete, utter shite. Because really, their idea of "Quality Assurance" must be stinky poop. Tongue

Ste

Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 09, 07:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a stupid question. If you have Pets in there and Seasons, do you still put the second Pets Patch in?
Cuse if it was still borked after the first Patch and then you installed Season which only would have Patch #1 wouldn't problems carryforward to Seasons?

I didn't know they had QA either. Maybe "Quality Attempt?" Muhwahahahaha!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 09, 08:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe "Quality Attempt?"

That's giving too much credit.

Fail.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 09, 09:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a stupid question. If you have Pets in there and Seasons, do you still put the second Pets Patch in?

I've seen several threads on this, try a search.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 09, 12:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cuse if it was still borked after the first Patch and then you installed Season which only would have Patch #1 wouldn't problems carryforward to Seasons?

I didn't know they had QA either. Maybe "Quality Attempt?" Muhwahahahaha!

You still install it. Won't fix any problems in the Seasons code, but it will fix some problems in the Pets code. Provided EAMaxis fixes their moronic mistakes, you'll want to patch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 09, 13:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You still install it. Won't fix any problems in the Seasons code, but it will fix some problems in the Pets code. Provided EAMaxis fixes their moronic mistakes, you'll want to patch.
Doesn't matter. Seasons code does not use Pets code. You can make all the changes to the Pets code you want, Seasons ignores the pets objects package and executables completely.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 09, 14:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure they will make a version of the Pets patch for Seasons that will still fix the problems, and maybe if we're lucky, one or two of the Seasons ones too.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 09, 15:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry, QA departments usually check if the stuff is ISO 9000, like if all related internal memos are written in company official font; well maybe not useless so much, but in any case nothing related to what "quality" in human terms means.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 14, 02:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but this basically sums up my problem. Lately all my puppies have looked the same (exactly like their mother). I don't know if this is EA meant by "genetic issues." If it is, I assume what happened is I installed the first pets patch, installed seasons and then installed the second pets patch, but that didn't fix the genetic problems because I had already installed season (I'm not sure about the sequence because I've been playing and breeding dogs only sporadically.)

Does anyone know if all puppies looking exactly like their mother is what EA meant by "genetic issues?" If so, is there a fix for it if I've already installed Seasons?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 15, 03:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do the puppies still look the same, even after aging to adult? Puppies and kittens only display the base coat, so no special markings will appear until the pets grow to adulthood.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 15, 21:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they all look like the mother as adults. This may only be happening with the family who have one of the unlocked pet colors. The first generation of those puppies mixed genetics, but after that their offspring were all the same. I had another litter from a different family of dogs and those puppies were normal. Although, now that I think about it, both their parents were first generation. It's hard to check since it's hard to breed dogs.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: