More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:43:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Jump/No Action When Asking For Homework Help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jump/No Action When Asking For Homework Help  (Read 7447 times)
SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Jump/No Action When Asking For Homework Help
« on: 2007 March 09, 05:50:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got Uni recently (yay!) and installed it, along with a few Uni-specific mods.  Today was the first time I played it since installing the mods, and I'm having a problem.  Every time I select "ask for homework help", the sim child jumps, and the action immediately disappears.  I'm guessing I have a conflict somewhere, though HDCU didn't show any conflicting homework type hacks.

Here's what I've got (iincluding everything I think might be relevant):

Insimenater
Inteenimater
Twojeffs Homework Sometimes Ver 1.1

From Squinge at Insimenater:
College Assignment Fun
Term Paper Fun EP1
Write Term Paper Faster
College Research Fun

Also, I downloaded the Uni patch, but when I went to install it (prior to adding downloads) a message popped up saying that my game was already up to date.  (Would have been nice to know that BEFORE I spent three hours d/l it!  Grrr)

I don't recall any of these saying that one conflicts with the other, but something funky is going on.  Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Oh, about the HDCU scan...  The few conflicts it did turn up didn't include any of the above... except for saying that one of Inteens filed conflicted with itself.   Huh  Still scratching my head over that one...
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Jump/No Action When Asking For Homework Help
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 09, 05:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of a silly question, but are you queueing the interaction? Because I have noticed that if you do that, they tend to drop the homework to do whatever is next in the queue.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 09, 05:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have your hacks subfoldered? It's possible that the file from Inteen that conflicts with itself somehow made it into two subfolders at once, and that's why it's conflicting.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 09, 06:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of a silly question, but are you queueing the interaction? Because I have noticed that if you do that, they tend to drop the homework to do whatever is next in the queue.

No, I never have anything following the homework help.  I wait until they've finished that before giving them something else to do.
SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 09, 06:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have your hacks subfoldered? It's possible that the file from Inteen that conflicts with itself somehow made it into two subfolders at once, and that's why it's conflicting.

I have them subfoldered this way:

Downloads-->Game Mods
Downloads-->Hacked Objects

All the files listed in my first post, with the exception of Insimenater, are in the Game Mods folder.

I just glanced at that folder, and remembered I also have Twojeffs Age Transition Fix-Teen Keep Loves (subfoldered into Game Mods).  Not sure that it's relevant, but thought I'd mention it since it's a kid mod.
SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 09, 06:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops!  Inteen isn't conflicting with itself.  I read it wrong.  It may be conflicting with the Teen Keeps Loves mods, unless I'm reading this wrong, too.  LOL  It says:

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Transition Relationships - Teen to Adult
Group ID: 0x7F07FBBC
Instance ID: 0x00001022
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Game Mods\InTeenimater_B.package
\downloads\Game Mods\MOD_Age Transition Fixes - Teens Keep Loves.package

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: TTAs
Group ID: 0x7FAB1298
Instance ID: 0x00000001
Packages Containing This Menu Strings File:

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 09, 06:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the InTeen already included the Transition Fixes.

The last conflict is strange.  It seems odd that the HCDU or whatever would report an internal conflict? Unless the package contains the same resource twice?

FYI: If you actually are experiencing a jump bug... then I think you should be getting an error log.  Attach it, and maybe that can help narrow down things.

Ste

SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 10, 04:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the InTeen already included the Transition Fixes.

The last conflict is strange.  It seems odd that the HCDU or whatever would report an internal conflict? Unless the package contains the same resource twice?

FYI: If you actually are experiencing a jump bug... then I think you should be getting an error log.  Attach it, and maybe that can help narrow down things.

Ste

I'll have to read all the info files that came with Inteen again.  I don't know if it includes the transition fixes or not, but something about that is ringing a bell for me... I'll check it out after I get some sleep.  (Been up all night here... LOL)

Re: the error log... where would I find it?  I found a folder named Logs within the EA/Sims 2 folder in My Docs, but it has a lot of different log files in it (most empty, but some aren't).  Which one should I be looking in, cause none of it makes any sense to me after looking at it.   Huh
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 10, 04:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inteen includes it, yes.

I believe College Assignment Fun and Twojeffs Homework Sometimes  are not compatible. They do not show as a conflict in the HCDU IIRC, but don't work together.
SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 11, 05:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inteen includes it, yes.

I believe College Assignment Fun and Twojeffs Homework Sometimes  are not compatible. They do not show as a conflict in the HCDU IIRC, but don't work together.

Thanks for the info Jordi!  I'll remove the unneeded fix and drop one of the two incompatible files.  I think I'll remove College Assignment Fun for now... I haven't been playing the college stuff that much anyway.
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 20, 05:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, InTeen already includes the age transition fix.

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 09, 14:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bit of a late response here, I know.  I'm having the same jump/no action problem when using "homework sometimes", and I don't have inTeen or Woohoo Teens installed.  If I take the homework hack off, they can ask for help normally.  The homework hack seems to work for all its other functions (modified chance of getting homework etc.), so after they learn to study, I reload it (a bit of a tedious system, I grant).  Anyway, logically it would appear that it's not the teen woohoo hacks that are causing the problem.

As a test, I'm going to remove other kid interactions hacks (can't remember which ones I have loaded, but I probably have too many hacks in my game anyway) and see if that helps.

Tribulatio proxima est
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 10, 14:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the "jump" happen when the child uses Macro->Do Homework, or just when you click on the homework and pick Ask for Homework Help?

Is the askee in "power idle" mode?  You need to either turn off power idle or use the Macro.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 10, 14:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the "jump" happen when the child uses Macro->Do Homework, or just when you click on the homework and pick Ask for Homework Help?

Is the askee in "power idle" mode?  You need to either turn off power idle or use the Macro.

Just in Ask for Homework Help.  They seem to be able to do their own homework just fine.  As I mentioned in a previous post, if I remove the hack, everything works as normal, but with the hack in, they can only do homework (ask for help gives me the jump).

Power Idle is a new thing for me.  What is it, how do I tell if the sim is in that mode, and how do I switch it off?  If they are in "power idle" mode, I did not consciously do anything to get them in that mode. 

Update: I don't have macrotastics loaded, so I don't think power idle is the problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 10, 14:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, before I go too much further, answer me these questions three five:

1) Did you read the manual that came with inteen & the flavourpaks?
2) Did you install all of the flavourpaks?
3) Did you install inteen & the flavourpaks in the one folder?
4) Which version of inteen did you download?
5) What expansion packs and stuff packs do you have?

With inteen, you really do need to make sure that the hacks you have are compatable with it. Check this list and see if any of the hacks you have are listed here as conflicting, and exchange them for the inteenimated versions, as those are designed to work with inteen.

Also, the pop-up saying your game was already up to date was saying that your BASE game was already up to date. I get that pop-up every time I install a new ep too. Cheesy

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 10, 20:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the pop-up saying your game was already up to date was saying that your BASE game was already up to date. I get that pop-up every time I install a new ep too. Cheesy

Answers to Q1-4:  Inteen not loaded at all. Jenflower's Woohoo Teens also not loaded.  I do have InSim (latest uni version).
Answer to Q5:  only base and uni - I downloaded hacks from the correct category (checked twice).  Version of "homework somtimes" is the one recommended for Uni.

I have downloaded all EA/Maxis patches for both Base and Uni and installed them, so if the game itself is not up to date, then I'm missing something.  There were no errors in loading either base or the Uni EP (none registered by the load process, anyway).

Tribulatio proxima est
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 11, 01:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, jolrei, I should have been more clear. I was addressing the OP, not the somewhat more streetsmart below. I was reading your replies to his/her thread and I figured I should check out the topic starter and I was absolutely floored by the total lack of anything by which to make an informed decision.

I apologise for the confusion, and any out-of-joint noses.

As for your problem, try grabbing the homework hacks from a different source (if you grabbed it from the thread, grab it from all hacks, vice versa) I have absolutely no idea why this is happening for you. I have read of a jump bug being producable with uni &/or nightlife, but I was given OFB, NL & Uni all at the same time so I experienced none of this myself. From what I read you don't appear to be doing anything wrong, thus me not responding to you in my last post.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 11, 02:02:38 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 11, 13:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, jolrei, I should have been more clear. I was addressing the OP, not the somewhat more streetsmart below...I apologise for the confusion, and any out-of-joint noses.

No worries, floopyboo.  I shouldn't assume the whole thing is about me anyway.  Nose still in place.

Have looked at the error log myself now, and frankly can't make head or tail of it.  Not surprising really.  No experience with that sort of thing.  Don't have any of the hacks loaded that are known to conflict.  I may just follow your advice and try to load a new version, on the off chance that the one I got was actually the wrong one.  In any case, the only thing not working on it seems to be the "ask for help" function.  All other functions seem to be fine (or at least do not generate error log entries).

Tribulatio proxima est
SimsDiva
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 14, 09:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With inteen, you really do need to make sure that the hacks you have are compatable with it. Check this list and see if any of the hacks you have are listed here as conflicting, and exchange them for the inteenimated versions, as those are designed to work with inteen.

I just saw there were new responses to this... hadn't had time to check it in a while.  I guess I should have come back to say I was no longer having this problem.  I removed the College Assignment Fun hack and that did the trick.  (I ended up removing Inteen as well.  I decided I didn't care to have it in my game after all, since I never used it.)

The pop up I mentioned... that came when I tried to install the Uni patch I downloaded.  (I'd had the Uni ep installed for a week or so before I finally got around to getting the patch for it.)  I just thought it was odd to get the "already up to date" message the instant I double clicked on the patch, and wondered if buying that ep so long after it's original release date had anything to do with that.  Not sure why I never fleshed that thought out in my original post... but that was the point behind that bit.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: