More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:14:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bathroom envy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bathroom envy  (Read 16659 times)
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
Re: Bathroom envy
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 09, 05:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to say that I too am getting the stacked thought bubbles. Grr, shower!

BUY is doing something I never noticed before--it's pulling guests in and then popping them out repeatedly, and what seems to be doing this is a resident sim in the house has low hygiene or bladder, but that sim is engaged in some other activity. It's like a guest can't stop getting sucked in and popped out until I cancel the resident's task and send them off to shower. Specifically, this happened when I had the sim invite a guest to spend the night. I'm guessing residents have priority over guests.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 09, 06:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes these thoughts have been around forever and I never understood it. It seems it happens as soon as a sims goes in to use the toilet or shower. No matter that half the sims on the lot are fine in those areas or that there are other open bathrooms nope they just plain hate whomever is in the bathroom at the moment.  Roll Eyes

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 09, 11:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teens don't have acne hardly at all since I started using BUY.

My teens haven't had any acne since the base game. I thought maybe Maxis took it out or something.

Even though I'm a huge fan of BYU, I don't use it in every household. Those lots with only one or two Sims who have a limited budget aren't allowed such luxuries, just so I can see what kind of interesting things they will do, such as playing pirate in the tub. (I know BYU is cheap, but I like to torture at least some of my Sims).

So is it really BYU that is stopping my teens from having zits? I noticed that my stinkier Sims don't bathe as often as neater Sims even with BYU in the house, yet still haven't seen any acne.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 09, 11:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teens get acne sometimes (dunno in Seasons, haven't played that much yet, but everything before that). I don't use BUY.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 09, 03:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is it really BYU that is stopping my teens from having zits? I noticed that my stinkier Sims don't bathe as often as neater Sims even with BYU in the house, yet still haven't seen any acne.
BUY does indeed do a good job preventing zits, not because of any inherent cheat built into it, but simply because it will aggressively fight the causes. Sims for some reason have a poor understanding of how to fight those. They seem to believe slathering some kind of useless "cream" is supposed to fix it, which it never does, even after 8 or 9 shots. No, in real life, the way you get rid of those is you lance them, then cut them off with a knife.

Even though I'm a huge fan of BYU, I don't use it in every household. Those lots with only one or two Sims who have a limited budget aren't allowed such luxuries, just so I can see what kind of interesting things they will do, such as playing pirate in the tub. (I know BYU is cheap, but I like to torture at least some of my Sims).
LUXURY?!? Terlet paper is a LUXURY now? What are you proposing instead, going back to leaves?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 09, 04:06:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 09, 04:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to avoid the BUY shuffle by careful configuration. Generally I like to make private bathrooms for each resdient's bedroom, with the door locked to the owning sim and the BUY configured to reject visitors (just in case they're daft enough to consider trying to use it).

Then downstairs I have a simple water closet with just a toilet and (maybe) sink plus a BUY. The BUY showering rationale is inconvenient when mulitple visitors are present. Who cares if a visitor stinks? I don't -- though in real life I might not invite them again ... I expect my guests to freshen up before they leave home! If a visitor is invited to spend the night then I have to make sure that a bathroom is unlcoked for them but that is all, and is no more inconvenient than in real life where it is just good manners to show a guest their bathroom and where to find the clean towels.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 09, 04:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the original thread from over a year ago: Don't hate me because I have to pee...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 09, 04:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Then, as now, the mystery appears to remain unsolved. I again cannot find any apparent explanation. Exactly what moment in the bathroom process does it occur? Terleting? Showering? The moment they take the throne, or the moment they begin to approach it? Does it affect those who pee standing up, or only those who sit? Specific terlets or showers? What is everyone else doing? What things do you have installed (noroutefail? Does installing it stop this?) More information is needed about how this occurs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 09, 06:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shot in the dark here:

Could it possibly have something to do with which language or which country's version? I have the US version...and while bathrooms are wildly popular with my sims, I have NEVER seen that thought bubble, no less a swarm of them.

Note: I'm not running BUY.

::::shrug::::

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 09, 07:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I have the US version, and I see them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 09, 07:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have the US version

I found the original thread from over a year ago: Don't hate me because I have to pee...

There was a thread even before that one, too, somewhere. My own quote from that thread (it's like deja vu! lol) :

I remember bringing this up quite some time ago on this forum, way before Nightlife. If I can find it, I'll put the link here. Sims who are otherwise occupied, i.e. playing pool, etc. will also have this thought bubble about sims in the bathroom.

As far as what the other sims are doing when they produce those thought bubbles, they'll be doing just about anything. Even playing pool. And the thought bubbles pop up because of showering or using the toilet, but not when a sim is playing redhands in the bathroom. Tongue

I don't have noroutefail installed. 
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 09, 07:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? My sims rarely shower with BUY.

Really? The way I understood it works is, if BUY grabs them and they have less than full hygiene, they shower.

I think sims always take a shower if they're not already wearing their everyday wear.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 09, 07:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's one reason the sleepclock queues BUY after they wake up, as a convenient way to change them into their everyday clothes upon awakening. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 09, 07:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll check this out too. Last night I happened to notice a whole family cluster getting pissed off about someone in the bathroom, guests and pet included. I use BUY and noroutefail. I've always had the issue.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
smvb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 09, 08:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This probably doesn't help, but...

I broke down and bought Life Stories to be able to play on my laptop, and I noticed those thought bubbles, too. It doesn't happen all the time. I think I noticed it when there were guests on the lot. I remember thinking at the time, so Life Stories sims also hate bathroom users.

Pretend I wrote something witty....
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 12, 02:54:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LUXURY?!? Terlet paper is a LUXURY now? What are you proposing instead, going back to leaves?

Yep.  The best kind is poison ivy.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 12, 05:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the sims hate everything in the bathroom, my sims constantly contemplating how much they hate the ghostbuster wallhanging i put in the bathroom. they even dream about it every night until i remove it from the bathroom.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 12, 06:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dont' know if it can help, but I noticed another detail.
Sometimes, a sim heads to the bathroom (wc icon shown) while it's already occupied. In some cases, the sim will not attempt to search for another available bathroom, as it usually does, but will remain instead right in front of the door continuously trying to launch the toilet interaction "use". In that case, no thought bubbles at all.

But as soon as I click on another bathroom to send the sim there, then he pops up that thought bubble, not before.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 12, 07:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I watched my Sims a little bit more closely and it seems as though the hatred only occurs if the Sim with the thought bubble is idle or is in transit to an activity. I never saw it on Sims who were actively involved in an interaction (preparing a meal, reading a book, fishing, etc.) but if a Sim was on his/her way to do something (getting on a school bus, walking up the stairs to go to bed, heading to the pool table, that sort of thing), I'd almost always see it. It seems like it's part of their thought bubble repertoire, like how they think of their aspirations or who they just wohooed.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: