More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 11:33:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Married-in dormie didn't get extra want slots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Married-in dormie didn't get extra want slots  (Read 3695 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Married-in dormie didn't get extra want slots
« on: 2007 March 19, 08:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my playable graduate sims moved back to the main neighbourhood and invited her dormie fiancee to move in so that she could marry him.  He didn't get extra want slots on the move in & marriage.  She has the 6 want slots + 2 locks, but he only has 4 want slots + 1 lock.  His life stages show that he had a YA stage, and he has a sheepskin in his inventory.  I put the sheepskin on the wall to check that it had a valid major (it does, and his skills also reflected that major).

The lot debugger didn't have the option to upgrade pre-uni sim, as the game knows he is a graduate with a major.  I used TJ's college adjuster to add in the extra 2 want slots + the extra lock.

I don't have any of Syberspunk's mods that relate to growing up townies/dormies in my game.  The dormies in this neighbourhood were made using the Townie & NPC tree, and were edited in SimPE to show they were YAs (although they were made at uni, they were showing in SimPE as adults).

Anyone got any idea why the sim didn't get extra want slots?  Did Seasons break this somehow?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Married-in dormie didn't get extra want slots
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 19, 11:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it happen randomly at times before.

I usually prefer to move my dormies in at uni, and play them to graduate.  It can be annoying, but it seems to be the only way to guarantee the want slots.  But the college adjustor is a quick enough fix.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 19, 13:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just an occasional borked dormie -- the vast majority get the proper memories and want slots of a graduate when you move them into the hood, but every so often one just refuses to cooperate. Then TJ's college adjuster fixes the problem.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 19, 13:54:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually prefer to move my dormies in at uni, and play them to graduate.  It can be annoying, but it seems to be the only way to guarantee the want slots.  But the college adjustor is a quick enough fix.

I do that in smaller neighbourhoods, if I don't have many playable teens ready to go to uni.  But in larger neighbourhoods with plenty of teens I just want to get done with the whole uni thing as soon as possible, and get back to the main hood.  This is a merged PV/ST/VV, so I have plenty of teens to put through uni.

I find it strangely reassuring that this has randomly happened before in other people's games.  At least I know my game is behaving within "normal" parameters and that it's not a Seasons-related glitch.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 20, 03:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of Pets patch 2, Syberspunk's Grow Up hack worked wonderfully; any adult (CAS,  dropout, graduate, graduate with honors) could invite a dormie to Grow Up and you could choose their "status."  Not sure if Seasons broke it again or not.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: