More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:45:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can I fix this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can I fix this?  (Read 22651 times)
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Can I fix this?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 April 01, 14:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In all of the Interaction - Buy bhavs, change the first line (Go to relative position) so the false target is to return true. All animate sim lines should also have both true and false targets set to same thing.

There are also issues with the way the motive are being handled. Assigning them to a literal value is a VBT, unless you want to max them. What if a sim with full hunger or fun uses the machine? Their motive would actually drop. You should += a literal value to the motive to increase it (op code 3 instead of 5).
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 April 01, 19:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. We finally got this working pretty much how we want it, but I still have a small problem with it. It seems that every time a Sim cancels the interaction with the machine, it throws an error. Do either of you know what is causing it?

I get the same error too.. If I understand what TJ is saying the creator didn't anticipate the actions being cancelled, because when it was created it wasn't made to be used autonomously.

I've made the energy drink autonomous for visitors too... and i've tried making it fun for neat sims to clean up the bags and cans... but i haven't tested that part yet... I think with dizzy's process autonomy hack and tweaking the objects, things might get cleaned up... going to test that today...

I changed the runs with scissors to autonomous. I even enabled it for children, but I don't know if that part works yet. I made it more appealing to playful Sims, but I would have rather made it more appealing to stupid Sims. But I didn't know how to do that.

I guess it's how do you define a stupid sim to an object... I looked at the types for motives and there are only a few types (lazy, active, neat, sloppy, etc)... I wish there was more types to choose from... or maybe some of the types aren't in the help file... It could really depend on the object... So for your scissors a stupid sim could be one that's playful, active, and grouchy (? MY SCISSORS!!)

I've been having great fun redefining type motives for objects... on my other thread about the bookcase i made it more appealing for lazy sims to study body and shy sims to study charisma, but it's still a work in progress....

In all of the Interaction - Buy bhavs, change the first line (Go to relative position) so the false target is to return true. All animate sim lines should also have both true and false targets set to same thing.
I think i understand what you mean TJ... so i'll fix that right away

There are also issues with the way the motive are being handled. Assigning them to a literal value is a VBT, unless you want to max them. What if a sim with full hunger or fun uses the machine? Their motive would actually drop. You should += a literal value to the motive to increase it (op code 3 instead of 5).

So, is that like a relative value versus an absolute value? This part confuzzles me. If, lets say, the hunger bar goes from 0 - 100, 0 being empty and 100 being full, then did the creator just make it an absolute value no matter how hungry the sim is? I would like it to be a relative value, so if the sim would eat a bag of doritoes his hunger bar would gain 25 points, not be set at 75 points no matter what the starting value is. When I see a sim eat something from the machine I see the hunger bar just jump up instead of progress up like when they eat a meal.

Just curious TJ, are you looking at the latest machine posted by the creator... because i think magicmoon and i are using the machine magicmoon posted earlier with the fun taken out

I'm going to try and edit like you say TJ but i'm not quite sure if i understand that part correctly... but thanks for the help.   Grin

edit: ok, my bad, I see what you mean by "fun" in the bhav's (i think), but it shows the opcode as 02 on line 2 in the interaction- buy chips.  Huh Should that be changed to 03? Or am i looking at the wrong thing?
« Last Edit: 2007 April 01, 20:30:18 by Scratch » Logged
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 April 01, 23:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the interaction bhavs as they stand, both fun and hunger are being assigned to the literal value of 28 (hex) regardless of where they started. If you just want to add 25 points for a bag of chips (or whatever), change the that to 'My motive hunger += Literal 19 (or whatever value you want to raise it by)'. I would nuke the add to fun completely or at least lower it drastically. I'm sorry, but buying a coke from a vending machine is not fun, especially a flat 40 point gain. You can advertise fun, but you don't have to actually give the sim any from the interaction.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 April 01, 23:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks TJ... I changed the false target like you said and it worked perfectly... no errors when cancelling..  Grin

In the interaction bhavs as they stand, both fun and hunger are being assigned to the literal value of 28 (hex) regardless of where they started. If you just want to add 25 points for a bag of chips (or whatever), change the that to 'My motive hunger += Literal 19 (or whatever value you want to raise it by)'.

I think i see what you mean by that now... will give that a try

I would nuke the add to fun completely or at least lower it drastically. I'm sorry, but buying a coke from a vending machine is not fun, especially a flat 40 point gain. You can advertise fun, but you don't have to actually give the sim any from the interaction.

I mentioned this to the creator and he came up with BS about lonely vampires and shut in sims...   Roll Eyes

I'm going to have it skip that line for now until i feel confident enough to delete a line... so := (or whatever s/h/it did) actually sets an absolute amount and += or -= raises/lowers a relative amount.. i get that...

Magicmoon... i experimented with pie type motives and set environment and fun min=30 delta=28 type=00B and simmies were taking the objects from other simmies hands before they even had a chance to eat the stuff... but they were cleaning the stuff up.... so i lowered that to min=20 delta=18. I'll let you know how much diff that makes...

good luck
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 April 04, 19:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When this was created, the chips, cookies, etc were made from the espresso cup... So the simmies treat the objects like the espresso cup and look for somewhere to put it down and nothing will clean them up... bots ignore them and even the janitor i hired for a business ignores them....

Can i change the mesh used through Simpe or will i need to remake the objects with a graphics program? I don't think it should be neccesary to "wash" a bag of chips to get rid of them...
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 April 04, 20:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can i change the mesh used through Simpe or will i need to remake the objects with a graphics program? I don't think it should be necessary to "wash" a bag of chips to get rid of them...

Cyberdodo figured out that part, but I don't think the other kinks were worked out yet so I just stayed with modifying my version. I'd like that too.

I haven't had a chance to make the latest changes that TwoJeffs taught us. We're working on the same version, right? If you have yours working so far, could you upload it? It will be at least a week before I can do anything involving much thought and I'm afraid that I will forget where I was in the process by then.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 April 05, 03:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.... I did 2J's fixes with this and other things... Energy drink is autonomous

cookies=$1
doritoes=$2
coke=$3
energy drink=$4

so i could see who bought what... and i'm tweaking the settings on the acc's to encourage sims to clean up... and i'm experimenting with the hunger satisfaction on the acc's

* coke cola vending machine fixfinal by phantasy.package (212.63 KB - downloaded 218 times.)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 April 05, 03:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and acc's

* Accs.rar (157.79 KB - downloaded 180 times.)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 April 05, 03:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.

Now that I understand what the symbol difference is between literal and incremental, I'm going to play a little with the hunger satisfaction. I'd like a slightly larger boost with the snacks as it barely moves the bar right now. The hunger increase seems about right on the energy drink but I'll have to play with it for awhile before I know whether the energy boost is right or not since that was changed to incremental. I want a boost that is about equal to 2-3 cups of espresso.

I also want to advertise in such a way that Sims with >50% of their energy bar full will not autonomously want to buy the energy drink, but yet I want it more attractive than the espresso bar at a comm lot for satisfying energy. I'd rather them grab a quick pick-me-up rather than spend 2 hours drinking latte, especially now that I am playing with the mod that makes time actually pass correctly on comm lots.

I like the price changes by the way. I've been meaning to change mine but keep forgetting.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 April 05, 04:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take a look at the difference between hunger satisfaction with the chips and the cookies.... i edited the chips so there is a 25 point(?) gain in hunger.. the cookies are left at a straight set point... that's what 2J meant by a sim could decrease in hunger if they ate when full.... I wish i knew more about the values for gains or drains of motives in BHAV's.

I was thinking about editing the type motive for the energy drink... an active, shy sim would use it rather than a lazy, social sim at the expresso couter.. that's a work in progress.

good luck...
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 April 05, 18:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take a look at the difference between hunger satisfaction with the chips and the cookies.... i edited the chips so there is a 25 point(?) gain in hunger.. the cookies are left at a straight set point

Sounds like we are heading in the correct direction there. Very good.

I was thinking about editing the type motive for the energy drink... an active, shy sim would use it rather than a lazy, social sim at the espresso counter.. that's a work in progress.

My most important use is for playable Sims on comm lots. I want them to choose an energy drink instead of espresso so that they can do what they came for, instead of spending so much time drinking coffee. But as far as comm lot visitors, your idea really would make sense so that every Sim isn't using the vending machine and ignoring the espresso bar. That would spread the Sims around the premises better.

You have some pretty good ideas.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 April 05, 19:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a few ideas for this thing.... I'm waiting for the Seasons Simpe is released, then i'll install seasons.... I'm not going through what i went through with pets and no Simpe...

An ice cream vending machine that sims can use to lower thier temperature... not sure how that works yet cuz i don't have Seasons installed...

Or a coffee/Hot chocolate machine for raising temperatures... with cups that can be trashed not washed...

A toy vending machine for toddlers and chilluns.... but only the adults can buy the things...

but i'm still looking for an answer to the mesh question... (hint, hint oh awesome ones)... Cyberdodo did fix that part, but only by substituting ingame objects for the acc's... i'd like to learn how to create or fix the acc objects so those objects can be tweaked....

edit:ok,  thought about what i've been staring at and i think i need to change the animations if i want to change the mesh for the acc's
« Last Edit: 2007 April 06, 07:29:48 by Scratch » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: