More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:44:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can I fix this?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can I fix this?  (Read 22659 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Can I fix this?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 11, 20:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really learning a lot from trying to fix this.... so i'm not going to try your version quite yet..

How/where did you set the prices.... in the objects or the machine?Huh

Cleanbots don't clean up espresso cups, so i suppose that's why they don't clean up the energy drink, etc...

Would new objects need to be made from the instant meal mesh (is there one??) so the cleanbots would clean them up, because instant meals are garbage not dishes?? Or, when an object is cloned from a game mesh, in this case the espresso, is the object actually modeled from the mesh or just linked to that mesh? Could the link just be changed?
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 11, 20:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prices are set in the machine. In the BHAV for buying the object, look for the line
[global 0x0294] Budget - Make Transaction

The 1st literal is the price. That gets set by the second hex pair in the operand box.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 11, 21:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prices are set in the machine. In the BHAV for buying the object, look for the line
[global 0x0294] Budget - Make Transaction

The 1st literal is the price. That gets set by the second hex pair in the operand box.

Ok... found it and i understand that now... but the bag of chips cost 25 but the 1st literal says "5". Is it getting multiplied somewhere?? The energy drink literal is 19 but i think the price is 5... i don't remember at the moment
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 11, 21:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Literal 0x0019 is the hexedecimal value of 25.

Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 11, 22:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. So I did it wrong again. I couldn't find more than one price on the vending machine and so thought that the prices were tied to the individual products and changed those.

I too am going to try out my machine (after fixing the price again). I know mine will still have bugs but I want to learn how to do this to fix the other irritating items in Sims land.

In the end, I'll probably use the Cyberdodo version as it is almost exactly what I want. Besides, I'll never be able to replace the chips/cookies/juice like you did, at least without hurting myself.

My fixed version now spawns the generic snack chips/cookies/juice instead of Paco's custom equivalents, at a cost of $1. The energy drink is still his custom drink, which now costs $10.  I cleaned up the energy drink object too, so it now increments and decrements needs, rather than setting them to hard literals. Specifically, it raises Hunger a little, raises Energy by about 1/4, lowers Comfort by about 1/4, and lowers Bladder by half.

The only tweak I'd like to do to your version is raise the energy a little. Basically, I use the machine rather than macro>caffeinate if their energy is below the halfway mark and it is earlier than 6pm, and I want the end result to be that their energy bar is over half, but no more than 3/4. Perhaps you already have it working that way. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I'm impressed that you changed the cookies/chips/juice. The part that amazes me is that he felt the need to create custom objects when these items are already in game.

I also like that you removed autonomy from the energy drink. I was having a hard time deciding whether to allow them a small chance of autonomy on the drink or disabling it like you did.

There's still 2 outstanding problems that I have no idea how to fix. The mesh still overrides the mesh of the other vending machine, and cleanbots won't clean up the energy drink cans.

I know cleanbots clean up dishes left on the floor, but every since I started using the Coffee Cup hack available here, I haven't had any cups on the floor to even know if a cleanbot will clean up a normal one.

If you could get the mod to recognize the cans as a cup, then the Sims would at least put the can in the dishwasher instead of tromping all over the lot looking for a coffee table. My neat Sims will actually put the cup in the dishwasher after they place it on the coffee table. If we could bypass the coffee table, it would work out pretty well by coding it so all Sims clean up the cups rather than just the neat ones. In the mean time, I just put a coffee table near the machine.

Too bad he didn't code in anything for a child to use the energy drink. On weekends I find that the children's energy gives out too early, making them sleepy by 7:00 or 7:30, whereas they do fine on the days that they go to school. But I can't find anything other than a nap that will give the small energy boost that I need for the kids. Is it possible to give a slight energy boost with the juice so that kids have a way to increase energy? As long as it is a small increment, adults won't get out of sync drinking it any more than if they helped themselves to a single cup of coffee.

It's been fun working on this project with you all.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 11, 23:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you could get the mod to recognize the cans as a cup, then the Sims would at least put the can in the dishwasher instead of tromping all over the lot looking for a coffee table. My neat Sims will actually put the cup in the dishwasher after they place it on the coffee table. If we could bypass the coffee table, it would work out pretty well by coding it so all Sims clean up the cups rather than just the neat ones. In the mean time, I just put a coffee table near the machine.
Currently, I have the sims simply dropping the energy drink cans on the floor a few steps away from the machine after buying it. The can then has pie menu options of Drink and Clean Up. Also, I made Clean Up dispose of the can in the trash rather than wash it like a dish (makes more sense to me that way).

Too bad he didn't code in anything for a child to use the energy drink. On weekends I find that the children's energy gives out too early, making them sleepy by 7:00 or 7:30, whereas they do fine on the days that they go to school. But I can't find anything other than a nap that will give the small energy boost that I need for the kids. Is it possible to give a slight energy boost with the juice so that kids have a way to increase energy? As long as it is a small increment, adults won't get out of sync drinking it any more than if they helped themselves to a single cup of coffee.
Trying to add energy to juice isn't something I'd recommend, as that would require a global mod. However, in my version I've gotten rid of the redundancy of separate functions for different age groups. The only thing preventing children from buying energy drinks now is the flag settings for it in Pie Menu Functions.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 11, 23:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. I guess what is confusing is that he had 2 Coke interactions, 2 chips, etc., except for the energy drink which only had the one. I thought that setting the child flag would cause it to crash because he didn't have corresponding actions.

So why did he do 2 of each, one for child and one for the rest?

And it sounds like you did pretty good with the cans thing. I keep trying to load in the game today, but I keep getting customer support calls. I'm going to try again now.

EDIT:
I just tried out your version in game. I gave the test Sims nothing but the vending machine to eat from.  The chips and juice worked well. I don't think they chose cookies. But they threw away the empty bags just fine.

However, the energy drink has a problem. The Sim buys the drink then sets it on the floor without drinking it. Then that Sim or another one picks it up and disposes of it. Several cans were left on the floor and they could drink it only if I clicked on the can and issued the command to drink it.

It also threw an error while the Sim was trying to do something autonomous with the machine. It is attached. I tested in a clean neighborhood with the vending machine as the only custom content.

My windowed version I use for testing went into 800x600 mode again, so I couldn't see the energy bar of the Sims to verify how much of an energy boost they get when directed to drink it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2007 March 12, 01:30:21 by magicmoon » Logged

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 12, 03:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, the energy drink has a problem. The Sim buys the drink then sets it on the floor without drinking it. Then that Sim or another one picks it up and disposes of it. Several cans were left on the floor and they could drink it only if I clicked on the can and issued the command to drink it.
I did mention above that sims would drop the can after buying it, but I guess I wasn't clear this is what I meant Undecided  Are the sims immediately cleaning up the can, before you can direct them to drink? If so, perhaps advertising on the Clean function is too high.  Anyway, seemed like a good idea at the time, but in retrospect it would be better if I tried again to find a good way to get the sim to chug it directly.

It also threw an error while the Sim was trying to do something autonomous with the machine. It is attached. I tested in a clean neighborhood with the vending machine as the only custom content.
I'll take a closer look at the log tomorrow. Do you remember what the sim was trying to do? Going to the machine? Buying something? Was another sim using the machine at the time?

Anyway, thanks for testing  Grin

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 12, 04:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I didn't understand you correctly. I thought the Sim would drink the energy drink like usual and then place it on the ground. So I kept repeating the buying process trying to get it to work like that. While the Sim was busy buying and placing the cans on the ground, other Sims would throw them away. There was plenty of time for me to click on the can for it to be drunk, but I didn't realize that was the way you made it work. Then when I left the Sim alone, she threw away a can on her own. At that point I was hoping she would pick it up and drink it on her own, but I guess she saw it as trash. As I said, I couldn't see the energy bar so perhaps her energy was already maxed. The environment score was probably dropping as there were about 8 cans on the ground at that point.

I'll take a closer look at the log tomorrow. Do you remember what the sim was trying to do? Going to the machine? Buying something? Was another sim using the machine at the time?

I was directing one Sim to buy an energy drink and another Sim threw the error. I think he must have been trying to autonomously buy something from the machine.

Anyway, thanks for testing  Grin

No, thank you for sharing your fix. Sorry I misunderstood. It still works better than my "fixed?" version.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 12, 04:10:26 by magicmoon » Logged

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 13, 00:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having trouble making sense of that error log. It shows that the sim errored when cleaning up a can, apparently autonomously. But, the last 2 entries in the stack are routing functions to the vending machine. That makes it look like the sim was trying to dispose of the can into the vending machine, but that makes no sense...
 Huh I'm going to need help from someone More Awesome Than Me to figure that out.

In the meantime, I'll start working on some better error handling. Something along the lines of making the sim put the can down if they fail to throw it away, instead of dumping with an error. I should look into preventing more than 1 sim from using the machine at a time too.

Another, unrelated little tidbit of info - I removed the machine and custom can from my downloads folder and entered my test lot, causing the machine to revert into an endtable and the cans sitting on the floor to revert into esspresso cups. Right away, the cleanbot cleaned up the cups. Really makes me wonder how the cleanbot determines what it can clean up.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 13, 20:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another, unrelated little tidbit of info - I removed the machine and custom can from my downloads folder and entered my test lot, causing the machine to revert into an endtable and the cans sitting on the floor to revert into esspresso cups. Right away, the cleanbot cleaned up the cups. Really makes me wonder how the cleanbot determines what it can clean up.

I noticed the endtable thing too... I took out the file i'd been working on and installed your version... Started the game and went to the lot i put the machines in. I noticed the machines were there but i knew it wasn't your machines because yours have different guids.... out of curiosity i moused over the machines before i replaced them and it said something about an endtable... I always assumed the machine was cloned from something in Electronics/Misc or Electronics/small because thats where they were in the catalogue... now i know the creator actually made the decision to put them in those categories.... twit  Tongue

I tried out your new version and i like it, except the simmies would rather use your pepsi machine instead of your vending machine... stupid simmies.... I'm going to try it out today with just the vending machine on the lot and see what happens...

I've never seen a cleanbot clean up any dishes, so i always thought they only cleaned up trash not dishes.... but now i know
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 15, 20:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to answer my own question... I couldn't fix this particular object but i got some wonderful help to make it usable... Thanks again Cyberdodo for the fixed objects and the patience to answer some questions.   Grin  I'm still getting errors though when a simmie chooses to get an energy drink... could be my fault because i changed the autonomy on it, but i'll attach an error log if it might help you.

I asked myself this question a couple of weeks ago when i spent a couple of evenings taking out objects that did nothing in the game except look pretty.... even though when i got the objects they were advertised as being fun items, or skilling objects, usable by chillluns, etc... but they just sat there being ignored. So, after working on this vending machine and starting to understand where some of the properties of it are set in SimPe i decided to work on some other objects.

I had 4 trampolines and 2 jumping castles in my game that weren't being used... so i opened them up in SimPe and changed some of the autonomy settings.... changed the advertising from comfort to fun for some of them.. made a couple of them visitor enabled... moved 1 from sofas to misc/children.... oooooohhh the powerrrrrrrr   Cool

It's going to take me a few days, but at least now i can look at an object in Simpe and see if it's even usable before i put it in the game or fix what's in the game now...

I still have a couple of questions... I went to the Simpe site and MTS2 to look for the answers but couldn't find anything....
If i want to make an object more attractive to certain sim type i understand i can change values in "pie menu/motives" but i don't understand the range... it looks like they are hex values but is the range from 1 to f or 1 to ff... at what point does the value become overwhelming? If i wanted to have an object drain a motive, would i just put in a negative value in "object data/raw value"? What does the niceness multiplier do? I'd like to compare some custom objects with a maxis object... do I need to extract the maxis object from the objects.package to look at the object in simpe?

Thanks again for the help.   Grin
« Last Edit: 2007 March 16, 01:50:05 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 15, 23:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever you did wrong, I did it too. Same error on the energy drink.

I disabled all the pop-ups and changed each item from fun to hunger. The energy drink I changed to Energy and Hunger.  I made each item autonomous, and enabled visitors.

On a comm lot, many visitors used the machine to buy different items and quite a bit was sold from the machine before I got errors.

On a side note, I noticed that visitors that were buying items had the little -$35 (or whatever amount) float from them when they bought an item. But the playable character didn't actually lose any money from his total.

I'm wondering if "undefined transition" means that we pointed to the wrong place when we were disabling the pop-ups. I'm putting mine back into Simpe to see if I can find an obvious problem. If not, I'll post my log for comparison.

Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 16, 01:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to mention I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been busy.

I'm still new at this too, so I don't have any real answers right now. I'll need to do some research. But don't be shy about attaching error logs. If nothing else, it helps me learn how to read the things Wink

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 16, 01:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my error log. I haven't had a chance to look it over in Simpe again, but it kinda looks like whatever the problem, two of us made the same mistake. I was nervous about enabling energy drinks for kids because I saw that he had separate child and adult interactions with all the objects except for the energy drink. But the error was thrown on a lot without kids on it, so that may not be the problem.

I've been editing his latest version and a recolor clone someone made to look like a coke machine. I don't have the talent to change the food products like you did, but I also don't like them setting the energy drink down instead of drinking it so I'm not using your version. If you fix that last part, it would be a much, much better vending machine because I liked the way that they trashed chip bags rather than washing them. I bet bots even clean the trash now, although I didn't have a chance to try that yet.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 16, 03:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my error log. I haven't had a chance to look it over in Simpe again, but it kinda looks like whatever the problem, two of us made the same mistake.
HA!!!! WE didn't make the same mistake, the creator made the mistake.... it has something to do with the energy drink because i'm using cyberdodo's fixed machine

I've been editing his latest version and a recolor clone someone made to look like a coke machine.
and it looks like you're using the original machine... so the error is somewhere in the energy drink object itself...

I've been a little busy too Cyberdodo so please don't feel pressured to stay on top of this....

For now I'm going to disable autonomy on the energy drink again so i shouldn't get any errors unless i direct a sim to buy one... i haven't noticed anything about prices because like i said i'm using Cyberdodo's machine and the changed prices in it.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 16, 04:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then it begs the question, Why didn't the errors show up when using the original vending machine before we modified it?

How could enabling autonomy cause the error?

I didn't have any problems when I directed my Sim to buy an energy drink, the errors come when the visitors do. 

EDIT:
I went back and unchecked visitors for the energy drink. Now my Sims are autonomously buying and drinking it without problems or pop-ups.

* coke cola vending machine fixfinal by phantasy.package (212.66 KB - downloaded 204 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 March 16, 05:31:34 by magicmoon » Logged

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 16, 06:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I barely used the original machine after i installed it.... not many chances of an error... but after i installed Cyberdodo's machine i would get the error if i directed the sim or the sim would go to it autonomously..

I'll attach the error log from the directed sim... the last error log was from an autonomous sim... both sims were playables... I sent them to a community lot so i could see how visitors would use the machine....

But, i did tweak a couple of things in cyberdodo's machine.. so i thought the error might be my fault..

ok back to more experimenting... and i grabbed your version... thanks... Is it the same Mesh??
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 16, 06:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the Coke Recolor clone when I first got the bugs out (you can see the person's name in the filename that cloned it).

I went back and just did the original mesh to make the settings match the one that works, but I haven't checked it in game to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.

EDIT: I changed the catalog location to Appliances/Misc on both machines. I thought it was stupid for it to show up in electronics.

Here it is:

* ptp-MAIN-vendingmachine-value-functional.package (210.92 KB - downloaded 206 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 March 16, 06:38:40 by magicmoon » Logged

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 18, 06:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally got a chance today to do my tests...

I did a little tweaking to a few things in Simpe and no errors so far.... the only time it does error now is when i cancel a purchase...

I'm using Magicmoon's machine.. original accessories... and the fixed energy drink from Cyberdodo.... The sims will autonomously buy the energy drink without error...

It works great... simmies still wash the bags...

How do i fix the bladder effect from the energy drink? I'm going to give it a shot later....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 18, 06:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install Bathroom Uses You.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 18, 07:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been there.... done that....   Tongue

The energy drink drains the bladder bar by 1/2 ... really annoying... but i changed pie menu/motives bladder min from 45 to 20.... can't remember the name of the field right now.... experimenting
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 18, 09:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to combine the two versions that we have done here. I like the way the bags were put in the trash, but don't know how to do that change. But I like my Sims to buy and drink their energy drink autonomously, and I don't want them buying it by themselves then walking away to let some stranger claim "ground-score".

I've been meaning to try out the altered energy drink. I think I'll pop that in tonight and see if I like it better.

As far as bladder draining, I figure it's one of those high fiber energy drinks that make them have the bathroom need. It doesn't really bother me because the energy drink itself boosts several stats and so makes up for bladder inconvenience.

The energy drink drains the bladder bar by 1/2 ... really annoying... but i changed pie menu/motives bladder min from 45 to 20.... can't remember the name of the field right now.... experimenting

But if you make a change, wouldn't it be in the other area, not the motive area? Changing the motives will just make them think that an item either satisfies or doesn't satisfy certain needs.  To paraphrase the help site of Simpe...If you make a chair with a high bladder motive, Sims will sit on it over and over, thinking it will help their bladder. They will continue to do this until they wet themselves since the chair is only advertising that it helps, but doesn't actually help.

I'm going to try to raise the hunger amount slightly on the snack foods. The boost that it gives now is so barely noticeable that it is almost not worth the time and effort it takes a Sim to buy and consume it.

Oh, and since we learned how to do these modifications, I fixed FeeEssen's toddler only tub. It was advertised as a bathtub that could only be used by toddlers.  BYU doesn't like toddlers much and as soon as a parent finishes a kid's bath they put the tot on the floor for BYU to kick them out. Then the parent has to wait to leave the bathroom because the babe is slowly crawling out the door. So I thought that this tub would be nice to have in the nursery.

But in reality, the tub actually allows the toddler to bathe himself! Weird, but kinda time saving. But then I noticed that everyone from parents to visitors were shooing Sims from the nursery to take a bath. I reread the threads on it, and it was mentioned, but ignored. Most posts were the "you are so wonderful type".

So I fixed it. I left it autonomous for cleaning and giving tots a bath. The toddler can still bathe himself, and anyone can clean it or play in it. This way, those adults who are predisposed to playing pirate in the tub can do so without BUY kicking them out for hogging the facilities. But the only ones allowed to actually take a bath in it is toddlers, so no more shooing tots from their skilling to take a bath. That was so annoying.

I don't know what her policy is on her objects. I'll have to check before I upload it, that is, if anyone wants it.

It blows my mind that some people can make such interesting and complicated objects, yet get sloppy on the things that are the easiest to fix.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 18, 20:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I like my Sims to buy and drink their energy drink autonomously, and I don't want them buying it by themselves then walking away to let some stranger claim "ground-score".
Most of the time my playables will drink it now, before putting it down....

As far as bladder draining, I figure it's one of those high fiber energy drinks that make them have the bathroom need. It doesn't really bother me because the energy drink itself boosts several stats and so makes up for bladder inconvenience.

I should really write this stuff down...  I found the expression in Behaviour Functions/Interaction Drink Line 9... Bladder -= Literal 64 That's where the bladder gets drained i think.. i changed it to 32 and then the bladder didn't seem to change at all so now i'm trying 48... i want it to drain the bladder by 25%

Line 7 is where the hunger is satisfied... but i don't know how the numbers work... Hunger+= Literal 3C  what's the range with these numbers? 1 to FF??

It blows my mind that some people can make such interesting and complicated objects, yet get sloppy on the things that are the easiest to fix.
I'm on a mission now to fix things.... The trampolines I had were made from couches so they were never changed from advertising comfort and energy... the simmies would still sit on a couple of them... they would lounge on all of them... i fix all these things... and made them more attractive to active simmies and they advertise fun now but at a low level... same with a couple of bouncing castles...

It really is sloppiness
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 01, 08:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. We finally got this working pretty much how we want it, but I still have a small problem with it. It seems that every time a Sim cancels the interaction with the machine, it throws an error. Do either of you know what is causing it?

I've attached two errors. It happened with a machine on a comm lot. Bartholomew is the active, playable character. He started to buy an energy drink autonomously, but he only had less than $100 on him so I canceled it from the queue. It then threw the error.

The 2nd error, Mr. Roboto, was a visitor at the comm lot who autonomously decided to buy an item from the machine (everything except energy drinks can be bought autonomously by visitors). He got caught up in a crowd and was unable to reach the machine. It must have dropped from his queue at that point because it threw an error. He never did buy anything from the machine.

So what action is the Sim supposed to take if the interaction is canceled or drops out of queue? Either the creator didn't allow for this to happen, or the command is pointing to the wrong line, but I can't quite follow the logic tree.

I'm on a mission now to fix things....

Me too. I changed the runs with scissors to autonomous. I even enabled it for children, but I don't know if that part works yet. I made it more appealing to playful Sims, but I would have rather made it more appealing to stupid Sims. But I didn't know how to do that.

« Last Edit: 2007 April 01, 08:07:53 by magicmoon » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: