More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 07:28:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Finding Descriptions of Hacks and What they Do Precisely
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Finding Descriptions of Hacks and What they Do Precisely  (Read 4437 times)
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Finding Descriptions of Hacks and What they Do Precisely
« on: 2007 April 19, 12:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am new here and having some difficulty navigating to find what I need.  Is there a place here that lists all the hacks with a description of exactly and precisely what each does, point by point, to change the normal Maxis gameplay?  Specifically, I am looking for a description of the Romance Mod and NoRandomFlirting hacks, and similar related hacks.  I am aware of the Director's Cut zip download, but there is no description in there of what each hack does or what I can expect to see different in my game.

Along with that, I have a couple of questions about the two hacks I mentioned.  For the No Random Flirting hack:

1.  What is considered actual flirting?  Is it a direct romantic-type interaction between Sims, such as Kissing Hand or Hug Romantically?  Does following a Sim around the room, making hubba hubba gestures with heart showers spraying, and constantly wanting to autonomously choose that particular Sim to interact with over a spouse constitute flirting?  (Seems like it!)  I have lots of Sims doing this who are married/engaged and it bugs me.  Should I not be concerned?

2.  Does this hack prevent autonomous flirting between any two Sims?  For example, what if they are best friends but extremely attracted to each other?  Or does this hack only affect acquaintances?  I find that my Sims will tend to gaze after another Sim and want to be around them and have accompanying thought bubbles of the other Sim when that Sim is a new "prospect" rather than when in established relationships.  Often seems like the one they are in love with or like a lot gets left out in the cold while they're pursuing the fresh meat that just walked in the door.  The way they crane their whole necks around in a ridiculous way to keep their eye on a new Sim is so funny.

Finally for the Romance Mod:  Will this hack prevent Sims with aspirations other than Romance, from rolling wants to flirt with Sims other than their spouse?  And if they have cheated on their spouse, and are in love with another Sim in the same room, will it prevent them from showing flirtatious-type behavior to their own spouse in front of their lover?  Also, will it inspire more protective behavior over a spouse, such as when another Sim seems to be coming on strong to a mate, will the husband or wife step in and try to divert the situation?  I have a couple who are crazy about each other, 3 bolts, autonomously desire each others' company, yet when another male Sim starts to hone in on the wife, the husband chooses to go outside and play fetch with the dog!  Or get the mail or something dumb, instead of looking at the other guy as a threat.  One more thing, I had a situation with teens:  the guy was a Fortune Sim, the girl was a Family.  Their friendship was up to about 78/74.  I had planned on just keeping them friends.  He invited her over, and immediately after a greeting hug (not romantic) she proceeds to kiss him romantically ( I had no control over her as she was a guest) which made them both fall in love with each other---against my plans!  It happened too quickly for me to cancel the action.  I can't believe she would do that as a Family Sim and she only had 3 shy points.  So now I have to deal with this.   Angry  Will this hack prevent episodes such as this?     
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Finding Descriptions of Hacks and What they Do Precisely
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 19, 12:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.0.html
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 19, 15:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The RTFMs are in the threads where the mod was first posted. In this case, as much as I hate to admit it, skip "Search" and scroll though the sections of our modders. It's all set out in a straight-forward manner.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 19, 17:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe she would do that as a Family Sim and she only had 3 shy points.  So now I have to deal with this.   Angry 

Heh -- Family sims are sometimes bigger sluts than Romance sims.  All they want to do is woohoo and make babies; they're not always fussy about who with. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 19, 18:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the available RTFM's in easy to download form:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6109.0.html

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 19, 18:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One more thing, I had a situation with teens:  the guy was a Fortune Sim, the girl was a Family.  Their friendship was up to about 78/74.  I had planned on just keeping them friends.  He invited her over, and immediately after a greeting hug (not romantic) she proceeds to kiss him romantically ( I had no control over her as she was a guest) which made them both fall in love with each other---against my plans!  It happened too quickly for me to cancel the action.  I can't believe she would do that as a Family Sim and she only had 3 shy points.  So now I have to deal with this. 
No, they went against the wishes of the Oversoul. There is a solution to this: Death By Hail. You can't let the disobedient ones live, as they are bad influences on the others.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 19, 19:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer Death by Cowplant....kill the bad and reward the good.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Pamhamlet
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 19, 19:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Magicmoon, that link was exactly what I needed.  Fabulousoso!  Or as my male Sims say, "COWAG!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 20, 00:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer Death by Cowplant....kill the bad and reward the good.
That makes some live longer, which I don't support. I like the imagery of their death coming from above...even though technically the Oversoul isn't sky-based. Of course, the Oversoul isn't really intent on destruction, I just like blaming their pixelated deaths on something other than myself, and having it be some society-controlling computer seems right.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 21, 11:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Along with that, I have a couple of questions about the two hacks I mentioned.  For the No Random Flirting hack:
The no random flirt wants hack only affects the wants. The NORMAL game has a sim ALWAYS ALWAYS want to flirt with anyone they talk to. Period. No exceptions, even if it's utterly inappropriate. The only way to avoid this is strict segregation from any members of their preferred sex or complete celibacy.

2.  Does this hack prevent autonomous flirting between any two Sims?  For example, what if they are best friends but extremely attracted to each other?  Or does this hack only affect acquaintances?  I find that my Sims will tend to gaze after another Sim and want to be around them and have accompanying thought bubbles of the other Sim when that Sim is a new "prospect" rather than when in established relationships.  Often seems like the one they are in love with or like a lot gets left out in the cold while they're pursuing the fresh meat that just walked in the door.  The way they crane their whole necks around in a ridiculous way to keep their eye on a new Sim is so funny.
Autonomous flirting does not normally occur in the game at all, except in the case where the sim is not romantically involved with anyone *AND* already has a sexual preference set: This case normally does not occur.

Finally for the Romance Mod:  Will this hack prevent Sims with aspirations other than Romance, from rolling wants to flirt with Sims other than their spouse?
That's "no random flirt wants", which is a highly recommended component of the above, but not strictly required.

And if they have cheated on their spouse, and are in love with another Sim in the same room, will it prevent them from showing flirtatious-type behavior to their own spouse in front of their lover?  Also, will it inspire more protective behavior over a spouse, such as when another Sim seems to be coming on strong to a mate, will the husband or wife step in and try to divert the situation?
The Romance mod will suppress the initiation of inappropriate behaviors in front of witnesses, but it is possible for the other party to initiate the behavior, or for witnesses to enter in the middle of the action.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: