More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:49:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Glitch Uni/Seasons ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glitch Uni/Seasons ?  (Read 12953 times)
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Glitch Uni/Seasons ?
« on: 2007 March 07, 13:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing a YA through Uni and come across the following problem.  My status bar is not reflecting that I've opened the entire bar by having the Skill requirements fulfilled.  It limits the progress to 1/3 bar.  HOWEVER, it does keep the correct amount internally as I have made the Deans list the last 2 semesters even though the status bar will not go higher than 1/3.   Has anyone seen this before?  Anyone have a solution?

Currently the only CC I have is recolors, clothing, genetics, walls and floor.  I don't have any other hacks at this time(waiting until everything gets ironed out).

TIA
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Glitch Uni/Seasons ?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 07, 14:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that problem at random from time to time before seasons. Moving them from one residence to another sometimes fixes it, sometimes not. Forcing an error might have fixed it, I don't remember now. Their grade still progresses, so I just have them do things at the same time as another sim and figure it's the same as theirs.

INFP or something
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 07, 14:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had that but since seasons i found it IMPOSSIBLE to fail a student from college.  I made her take the final exam with 0 GPA and 0 grade and she got a GPA 2.6 and didn't fail the semester.  With half a bar that just barely passes she got a GPA of 3.6 and an A+.  I just couldn't fail her out of college in the end i had to make her dropout and add the extra fear slot manually.

I also since seasons had my first student become stuck on the college lot.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 07, 15:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have failed students with no efford with seasons.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 07, 15:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have failed students with no efford with seasons.

Hmm must be a problem of mine then, odd i don't really know of any hacks that could cause such a conflict.  Unless the lot itself exploded *shrug*.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 07, 15:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LFox, did your "impossible to fail students" go to their exam in autumn?  Try another season instead for your failing experiment, as the grade bar fills with less effort in autumn.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 07, 15:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LFox, did your "impossible to fail students" go to their exam in autumn?  Try another season instead for your failing experiment, as the grade bar fills with less effort in autumn.

Now that you mention it i believe it was autumn, thanks for the tip it never occured to me that autumn helps on such things.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 09, 00:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that since seasons it takes one day of going to class, write term paper, do assignment, and the class preformance bar is full it general takes a second day of 2 assignment and go to class.
EWallace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 09, 00:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with the status bar on one of my students--makes it look like she needs three more skill points this semester.  Changing the lot she's on doesn't help.  FWIW, she is my first sim born post-Seasons installation.  My other pre-Seasons uni students don't have this problem.  (They have other problems...like the fatal inventory glitch I reported earlier today...)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 09, 01:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that grade bar not recognising that the student has the required skill problem before - most often with sims who had maxed all skills before they got to college (go figure). You can use boolprop to put their skills down below the level needed, and then have them skill to regain the required level, and the bar will open up. Annoying, but it does work, unlike moving them out, which doesn't always fix the problem.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 09, 06:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that since seasons it takes one day of going to class, write term paper, do assignment, and the class preformance bar is full it general takes a second day of 2 assignment and go to class.

Check the season -- that's probably the 'autumn study boost' in effect.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 10, 03:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that grade bar not recognising that the student has the required skill problem before - most often with sims who had maxed all skills before they got to college (go figure). You can use boolprop to put their skills down below the level needed, and then have them skill to regain the required level, and the bar will open up. Annoying, but it does work, unlike moving them out, which doesn't always fix the problem.

Thank you! At last I can fix my overworked student. Cheers Grin

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 10, 03:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing a YA through Uni and come across the following problem.  My status bar is not reflecting that I've opened the entire bar by having the Skill requirements fulfilled.  It limits the progress to 1/3 bar.  HOWEVER, it does keep the correct amount internally as I have made the Deans list the last 2 semesters even though the status bar will not go higher than 1/3.   Has anyone seen this before?  Anyone have a solution?
Old bug. There's no "solution", you just ignore it. Purely a graphical/UI glitch.

The bar glitch is purely graphical, it does nothing and the bar fills as normal. Messing with skills doesn't really change anything.

Thank you! At last I can fix my overworked student. Cheers Grin
Your students will not be overworked by this glitch. It is purely graphical and the game is retaining the correct values.

I haven't had that but since seasons i found it IMPOSSIBLE to fail a student from college.  I made her take the final exam with 0 GPA and 0 grade and she got a GPA 2.6 and didn't fail the semester.  With half a bar that just barely passes she got a GPA of 3.6 and an A+.  I just couldn't fail her out of college in the end i had to make her dropout and add the extra fear slot manually.
The Finals boost + Fall bonus is probably enough to pass the semester. So if you really want to fail, DON'T GO TO THE FINAL. DUH!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 12, 01:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen several times, mostly on students with very high skills. 

I just use College->Rampage to get them to max.  When College->Rampage doesn't come up any more, you know it's Finals time!
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 01, 05:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well thank god I found this thread.. I just put some high skilled sims in college and one got his bar stuck at one third and had done all of his term papers etc. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 01, 06:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just ignore it, it's purely a graphical artifact.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 01, 07:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't this an OFB bug?  I thought it had been fixed - so it's back huh?  Anyway, as Pes says, it's only the display of the bar that is affected, the actual score of the sim's performance isn't.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 03, 04:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad that I found this thread.  Good to know that it is only graphical.  I have not had this problem with any of the previous EPs, so I was freaking out when I just started a Sim in college with Seasons and had this happen.  Weird that it has not happened before this since it apparently has been a problem for some people in the past.  I love University, so all of my Sims go to college and usually most of their skills are at level 8 (basic needed for scholarships).  I have put probably 50 Sims through college and never had this happen until now with Seasons.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 19, 19:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just use College->Rampage at the beginning of the semester.  When it goes away, I know the "bar" is really full and they can party until finals.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 20, 03:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if you find Uni boring, you can use the College Clock to move their finals up, and get them through a semester in no time.  I've gotten sims through a semester in less than 36 hours in Autumn. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 20, 04:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to do that.  Now once I know they've got A+'s, I let them live a little...
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 20, 15:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. I now let them work on gardening and fishing badges. They leave Uni with lots of produce, fish and full compost barrels. I rarely use the college adjuster anymore, unless the Sim already has the badges and produce/fish.  I'm actually enjoying Uni a lot more now that I have Seasons.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 20, 21:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Seasons, but ACR is just as good for Uni!  Cheesy  My uni sims make up for being kicked out of the family manse a couple of days into puberty by getting badges, joining greek houses, becoming big on campus, and generally getting it on with whomever is around.  Even some family sims who come to Uni with a high school sweetheart get to spread their oats a little before settling down to married life.  Roll Eyes

Back in the home neighbourhood, most of my households are traditional extended families, so Uni is a nice break for me to play something a little different.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: