More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 02:07:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Extracting Objects
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Extracting Objects  (Read 2735 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Extracting Objects
« on: 2007 March 11, 12:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now I have uninstalled Pets after installing Seasons with no immediate adverse effects, but I wouldn't mind having some of the Pets objects/wallpapers/floors in my game that I've realised I quite miss.  I'm assuming since the Life Stories objects were extracted and made available as a download that extracting stuff from Pets would be feasible too.

So I've found this tutorial on MTS2 here which I think, details everything I need to do.  Problem is I'm assuming I will need to reinstall Pets in order to use SimPE to extract what I want.  Or is there a way I can do this from the Pets disc without reinstalling?

Also is there anything else I would need to consider doing to the objects whilst extracting them in order to be able to put them in my downloads folder and use them within my game without having Pets installed?

Edited to make a neater link and correct other mistakes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Extracting Objects
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 11, 13:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why have you uninstalled Pets?

And I guess you can just unzip compressed.zip to grab all the meshes etc. without having to install an XP, but obviously SimPE won't be able to automatically find its stuff.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 11, 14:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the Pets aspect too irritating.  Also I run the game on my laptop which doesn't have the best specs in the world.  I just wanted to put as little strain on my system as possible.

Thanks for the advice  Smiley  I will have a look at the Pets disc as soon as I've finished burning the latest episode of Lost.  If I can find the compressed.zip straight from the disc that would be great!  Will that contain just the meshes or also the recolours? 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 11, 14:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compressed.zip (more or less) is the complete data for the expansion, so inside it you'll find the entire TSData tree. The installer mostly is an unzipper.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 12, 18:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jordi but due to my unawesomeness I am finding it difficult to identity which files I need to move into my downloads folder.  I thought it would be as simple as moving the objects.package into the folder but after a neverending lot loading screen and an uneducated look in SimPE, I realise it isn't going to work that way.  I think I shall reinstall and then use the object workshop to clone the objects I want.  I can then uninstall Pets after that  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: