More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:05:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about Teleporter Shrub plus
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about Teleporter Shrub plus  (Read 5051 times)
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Question about Teleporter Shrub plus
« on: 2007 March 07, 04:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure where I should post this since posting it in Jordi's thread would be serious necromancy.  It's not working properly for me (I think it's not anyway) -- I can't summon some townies.  I'm under the impression that it does work for the Pets EP, but not sure.  In the description in the catalog, it says to summon townies I need to look under a surname (cannot remember which one) and that all townies have the same surname, but thing is, this surname does not appear as one of the choices in the menus.

Any suggestions?

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Question about Teleporter Shrub plus
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 07, 04:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All households are under one surname. In an unmodded game without expansions, this will be Bendett for townies. Installing any name mod or any expansion pack, changes this last name.
So this is normal :-)

Look for any surname not owned by a playable household. This could be one of the following:
-Townies
-Downtownies
-Service NPCs (cops, waiters, etc.)

I usually use SimPE to change the household name of these groups to what they are.
moniquinin
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 07, 04:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually did check out all the surnames I did not recognise and still couldn't find the one first name I was looking for.  I clicked on "Friends" thinking it was a category (which would have made it easy) but only two guys came up, both of which I didn't recognise.  Does this mean "Friends" is a surname?  I also looked under default to see what that was about.  I'll keep on looking.  I did recently install a "better names for pets" mod. 

Anyway, thanks for your help  Smiley

1. I am a Mac person so DO NOT refer me to Simpe!!!!
2. English is NOT my first language so please forgive any mistakes.
3. My dog loves to eat chicken shit.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 07, 05:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any name appearing in there is a household name, so you must have some lot which at one point held Sims surnamed Friends :-)
rowan_leigh
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 07, 05:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the name of a household in Academie Le Tour.  In Uni, household names can be independent of surnames. (ETA: the two household members in this case are named Mitch Indie and Max Flexor, if I recall correctly.)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 07, 05:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In normal neighbourhoods, household names are also independent of surnames (but you cannot set this up in advance).
If all Sims with a certain surname move out of a lot (or die) and the only resident left has a different surname, the household keeps the old surname.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 07, 06:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never summon anyone from the "Default" family.  This includes dead sims and can cause problems.

In my game, some townies are under "Midlock" and some are under "Wolosenko."  The tricky part here is that I moved in a townie named Wolosenko so I thought that was him.  It took me forever to click on that option and find those townies.  So your best bet is just to click on each name listed to see if it's townies or not.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 07, 07:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've changed the household names in Simpe, so my townies are called "Townies", NPCs are called "NPC" and downtownies are called "Downtownies".

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 08, 14:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always find all townies etc. after looking really hard. It can be easy to miss a name. Especially if you have a lot of townies and because without a mod you usually get the same names again and again.

The real reason Iīm posting in this thread is to ask, if the shrub is still safe to use in Pets and Seasons. I recently installed both and donīt want to play without the shrub. I didnīt get any errors, but there could be things going wrong without me noticing.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 08, 14:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real reason Iīm posting in this thread is to ask, if the shrub is still safe to use in Pets and Seasons. I recently installed both and donīt want to play without the shrub. I didnīt get any errors, but there could be things going wrong without me noticing.

Yes, it works fine.

Fail.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 08, 16:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doh, why did I never think of renaming my townies using more descriptive names!

What you are experiencing is not abnormal.  It's always a struggle for me also to find a particular sim, unless he's  from one of my families.

Oh and the default category sometimes has NPC's.  Not every name on it is off limit.  But obviously, you have to be careful about choosing a name from that particular list.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: