More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:50:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Snow days and nannies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Snow days and nannies  (Read 11001 times)
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Snow days and nannies
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 08, 19:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I guess I'm lucky--Southern California doesn't do snow days--might be because of the lack of snow or rain for that matter.  We did get snow a year ago in November but it wasn't enough to make a snow ball it was more like a snow marble.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 08, 19:37:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually snowed in Phoenix and Tucson this past December. Last time it snowed that far south was 1978 (according to Google, anyway).

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 09, 06:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google's wrong. I lived there in from 97-00 and it snowed I think  in '98. We all ran out of the store I was working at. Customers dropped their baskets. It was cool. Big fluffy thick flakes that melted the second they hit the ground.

Hooray for humans, fucking with the weather systems.  Wink

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 09, 06:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Big fluffy thick flakes that melted the second they hit the ground.

I wish we had that more often here. We kinda got it today.. well hmm it snowed in the morning and in a few hours it warmed up and the sun came out to melt it. That's the closet we get to it melting as soon as it hits the ground! Hehe.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 09, 17:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a few snow days when I was in school, heck my College had a snow day this winter. It doesn't snow much whee I live so it doesn't happen often.

My sims have had one snow day.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 10, 02:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google's wrong. I lived there in from 97-00 and it snowed I think  in '98. We all ran out of the store I was working at. Customers dropped their baskets. It was cool. Big fluffy thick flakes that melted the second they hit the ground.

Hooray for humans, fucking with the weather systems.  Wink

Yes, it did snow in Phoenix in '98 or so, but not in Tucson, or the suburb where I live. The last time it snowed that far south of Phoenix was 1978. I should have been more clear that I was referring to the areas south of Phoenix. Heh, when it snowed in December, the hubby and I made jokes about hell freezing over. Currently, the temperature where I live has been in the mid-to-high 80s (Fahrenheit), and we're barely into March! I wish it would go back to being cold. Sad

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 10, 03:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it is never a problem for parents, because they can't get out of the driveway to go to work, anyway. By the time schools close around here, nothing is moving -- not even plows.

It used to work like that here, but the weather is different now. We used to get real snow - I owned a sled and could go sledding on a regular basis. Doesn't happen anymore, and I'm pretty sure the city sold the snowplows. So now it snows a bit and everyone panics. Actually I think some administrator was trying to make a point calling the first one as they took all the snow days out of the school schedule and it um... snowballed on him.

Unsouper
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: