More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:14:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim giggling all the time? What's wrong with him!?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim giggling all the time? What's wrong with him!?  (Read 6691 times)
straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim giggling all the time? What's wrong with him!?
« on: 2007 March 09, 07:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea if this is normal, a glitch, an annoyance, or plain karma. I searched but didn't find a similar thread.

One of my Sims, like all of my Sims, started out dancing goofily. His housemates pointed and  laughed at him, of course. Said Goofy Dancing Sim, after that experience, started giggling to himself. I thought the pointing and laughing and all that incessant giggling would stop as soon as he chalks up enough dance points to dance properly. All of my other Sims do fine in that respect. But this particular Sim, even after he has learned to dance like a pro, is still attracting other Sims (who have never seen him dance goofily) to point and laugh at him even when he isn't dancing and is just talking or cooking. He also can't seem to stop giggling to himself. I've been forced to turn off the sound. I've heard enough insane giggling to last a lifetime.

What's going on? XD

PS. My Seasons game is running fine. No weird stuff. =)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: Sim giggling all the time? What's wrong with him!?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 09, 09:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check his greenhouse. Sounds like good Simdrugs.

(kidding)

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 09, 09:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he's high,festive or completely manic, who knows?  Tongue

Seriously though, IIRC, I've had sims giggle alot when they're in the red on their aspiration meter. I can't remember what aspiration they were though.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 09, 09:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh.

But he was never in the red. I'm obsessive about making sure they stay happy. Really really really, unrealistically, happy.  =D

I just want the finger-pointing and giggling to stop. XD

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 09, 10:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check his greenhouse. Sounds like good Simdrugs.

(kidding)

I am so waiting for the marijuana hack.  Grin Then I might run a seedy little business. Though I haven't worked out how to sell more than one piece of veg or fruit at a time.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 09, 10:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pc-sims.com has marijuana plants (search for it, misspelled as 'canabis').

Don't know if you can sell it. Haven't played with it, yet.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 09, 05:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also the bong fix for the bubble blower. I can't remember which site I got that from though.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 09, 05:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Searching around, I found bongs are at Pandora Sims in the booty repository.

Again, haven't tested in game. See if those work for your game scenario / new OFB headshop. Smiley

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 09, 08:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

straycat - I've heard of this happening before.  I don't think anyone every figured out why.

I suggest turning moveobjects on and deleting the sim.  Save and exit the lot.  When you return he will be reset.  This may fix the problem.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 09, 08:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers for the tips, no I mean when someone hacks the seasons plants to marijuana so sims actually have to grow it. I want to set up a basement with growing lights. Just like many houses in NZ have in RL.  Cool

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 09, 08:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am shocked and horrified. I thought New Zealanders were clean-living healthy types who drank only milk and inhaled only fresh country air.  Grin

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 09, 09:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he he actually I was lying a bit, only city houses have to grow in basements, stuff grows like a weed anywhere else.

Clean living? Some do, I've been told. In all seriousness, NZ is not nearly so clean and green as we would like the rest of the world to believe.

We had a woman visit here a year or two back, reckoned she lived on fresh air. What a dick. She was a skinny neurotic type, but even so.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 09, 15:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar thing happening in one of my houses.  It started after one of the teens started dancing, and he was still inexperienced and fell down a few times.  The other sims started doing the finger circle around the ear thing ("He's crazy").

I play each lot for one sim day then move on until I've played them all, then move on to the next hood.  Next time I came back and played that house, the sims were ALL doing the "he's crazy" motion.  No one was dancing, no one was in asp failure.  I couldn't even remember which teen was the original target, because they ALL did it.

Next time I played that house, one of the teens was ready to send to Uni.  She gets to college, and she's still doing the "he's crazy" motion.  And for no reason in particular that I can find.

It seems that learning to dance is the common starting point for this behavior.  And I have all the EPs but Seasons.  This started after I got Pets, so maybe that's another bug feature of Pets?

And it's only the one family/household in only one hood of about 10 that I rotate through.  (I know, 10 is a lot, but at least I don't get bored!)

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 09, 15:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like an emitter got stuck somehow, maybe forcing an error on objects off world?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 09, 17:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank God, Elvira, I'm not the only one with the weird problem. XD (Not that I wished anyone else the plague but I was beginning to wonder if I am hallucinating!)

I never had the problem before. I do have Pets and Seasons. (Every EP, no SP.) Although gameplay is not affected, I'm just so tired of seeing people pointing and laughing and giggling at my poor Sim. It's just that one Sim and house (although the other Sims will still do the point-and-laugh routine when he's visiting on a different lot) and I'm afraid to start a new family because I don't want to experience deja vu with this weird glitch. XD 
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 10, 16:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The odd thing is that you have one sim who gets laughed at all the time, no matter where s/he is, and in my game it's this whole family, and they do it no matter where they are!  Kind of the same problem in reverse.

Just got seasons today (Circuit City sale!), still have to do the "check all households" thing before I backup and install, but I'm curious to see of the usual EP install reset will get rid of this.  If not, then I'll try the force error on off-world and see if that works.

If not, because I only get around to a household about once every two weeks, it hasn't started bugging me yet, and I get an occasional laugh!  I'm sure it'll get old after awhile, though.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: