More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:25:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stupid pets wants
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid pets wants  (Read 10515 times)
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Stupid pets wants
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 09, 17:09:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read in another thread that people were getting really upset with having nothing but weather/season related wants -- some of them totally inappropriate, like wanting to do snow angels in the summer and ice skate in the early fall, or something like that.

Since I get no unusual amounts of pet wants, even when I would like to have them, and since I am also not experiencing the spam of weather/season wants -- I'm guessing it all has to do with what kind of Sims you play, and maybe even your Sim playing history.

I am playing fun Sims, almost exclusively, right now. And I am getting lots of variety in wants, all fun things, of course. Except for the misguided cat lady, who just wants love and relationships with Sims, while ignoring her cats. Grump, grump, grump.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 09, 20:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the sledgehammer got carried over to Seasons

also carried forward from Pets to Seasons;
collections enhancements
flatten lot tool
rotating floor tiles
revamped collections
inventory hotkey
invite household interface

and I think the custom paintings did too - the folder is there but I haven't had a chance to check in-game so I could be wrong *plans to check*

Seasons is out and I haven't even figured out all of Pets yet.

What key is the Inventory hotkey? And what is going on with the customized paintings? I found a folder called paintings that contains various pet photos, but have never seen these items in the game. What should I be looking for? Do the Sims paint them using some special command or what? For the most part, they aren't very attractive, but it looks like we could replace them with something better, if I just knew what they were for.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 09, 20:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons is out and I haven't even figured out all of Pets yet.

What key is the Inventory hotkey? And what is going on with the customized paintings? I found a folder called paintings that contains various pet photos, but have never seen these items in the game. What should I be looking for? Do the Sims paint them using some special command or what? For the most part, they aren't very attractive, but it looks like we could replace them with something better, if I just knew what they were for.

I think if you grab something with the hand and press " i " it then goes in the inventory of the selected sim, may have to have the inventory open *can't remember offhand* - no need to drag it to the inventory

custom paintings - you can add pictures to the custom paintings folder and then in-game have a sim click on the easel and select 'custom painting', you can then choose which picture you want painted from the custom paintings folder  Grin  theres a couple different options for how it fits the frame and you can crop them too.

edit - sim must have some skill for the custom painting option to show up on the easel
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: