More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 05:19:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a hack in the plans for no random biting?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a hack in the plans for no random biting?  (Read 18694 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Is there a hack in the plans for no random biting?
« on: 2005 September 25, 19:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here or anywhere that anyone knows of? I'm really wary of letting vampires take over my neighborhoods. I don't mind in Strangetown, but I would rather not have my other hoods taken over if I want to briefly play a vampire.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: Is there a hack in the plans for no random biting?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 25, 19:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I made this:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=718.msg26264#msg26264

to prevent any vampires from biting any NPCs of any kind. It won't protect regular sims though, so if you want to avoid them altogether, this won't help. I may make a TTAB alteration later that will prevent vampires from autonomously biting other sims, but this would also prevent them from biting a sim you want to be vamped unless you use another sim to influence them to bite the sim you want to be bitten. (I hope that made sense, lol) So, I guess if people want it, I'll make a version that will not allow any autonomous biting altogether. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 25, 19:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it may not be exactly what you're looking for, but I made this:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=718.msg26264#msg26264

to prevent any vampires from biting any NPCs of any kind. It won't protect regular sims though, so if you want to avoid them altogether, this won't help. I may make a TTAB alteration later that will prevent vampires from autonomously biting other sims, but this would also prevent them from biting a sim you want to be vamped unless you use another sim to influence them to bite the sim you want to be bitten. (I hope that made sense, lol) So, I guess if people want it, I'll make a version that will not allow any autonomous biting altogether. Smiley

Thank you many times over!  Grin I would love an option to turn off autonomous biting or vampires all together. I'm just not into that aspect of the game and didn't want it pushed upon me by incidents of random biting. A mod to avoid that would be greatly appreciated.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 25, 20:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I guess if people want it, I'll make a version that will not allow any autonomous biting altogether. Smiley
Hell yeah.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 25, 20:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be brave and say it would be really nice if we could get a version that only disallows it on Community lots.  If you invite them into your home, though, you're fair game.

Although, I'd be happy with the no-random bit.  It's worth the influence if you really wanna get bit.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 25, 21:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a great idea Ruann. Gives the gamer a little more control over the vampire aspect. I'd thought from the chats and such that a vampire would bite only if the relationship was high enough. So I had planned on just not befriending any vampires, since I'm not interested. This random biting is not something I want to happen, but I'd like others who enjoy the vampire aspect to still be able to play it as they'd like. Your idea helps to widen the choices of the gamer, as I think it should be. Hopefully it's doable.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 25, 22:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll make a memo to have the random biting looked into if it hasn't been dealt with before we get the chance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 25, 22:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may want to put a sticky next to "Can Become A Vampire?" and make note of that.

It permits the Vampire social if either the vampire or victim is a selectable sim or if there are simply less than 10 NPC vampires.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 26, 01:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll be brave and say it would be really nice if we could get a version that only disallows it on Community lots.  If you invite them into your home, though, you're fair game.

That's a good idea, I'll look into that. Smiley

I would love an option to turn off autonomous biting or vampires all together. I'm just not into that aspect of the game and didn't want it pushed upon me by incidents of random biting. A mod to avoid that would be greatly appreciated.

Would a version that totally disables biting altogether for any sim (controllable or not) be something you would want or would you rather I just make the only on residential lots version?

I'll start looking into this. Smiley

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 26, 01:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at any rate, even if you're in the minority I'd prefer no vampires at all too so I'll make it for myself, lol. Anyhow, the Vampires Can't Bite on Community Lots is available now here:

http://greensims.net/viewtopic.php?t=862

I'll make the next, totally unavailable option soon. Smiley

EDIT:

Here's the version for no biting whatsoever:

http://greensims.net/viewtopic.php?t=863

Thanks to anyone who wants to test! Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 September 26, 01:57:41 by jfade » Logged

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 26, 02:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you jfade, I really appreciate your hard work. Can't wait to try out the no biting whatsoever version. Grin
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 26, 02:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool ty Smiley. What does it do, disable it completely (so the social doesn't even come up), take off the free will, biting by influence only, or what? The community lot one is the one where if you invite them over anything goes, right?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 26, 02:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does it do, disable it completely (so the social doesn't even come up), take off the free will, biting by influence only, or what? The community lot one is the one where if you invite them over anything goes, right?

Well, the no biting whatsoever disables all biting, so the social option doesn't even come up, so no biting for your controlled sims or NPC vampires. It doesn't edit TTAB so it should be compatible with all other social hacks. You can, however, still influence another a vampire to bite someone.

The community one, yes, on a residential lot, anything goes, but at least you don't have to worry about Crumplebottom being bitten since you can't have any vampires bite downtown. However, you can still influence a vampire on a community lot to bite someone. I hope that explains it. Smiley

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 26, 02:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank goodness someone had the smarts to come up with this!!

I was just about to get one of my Sims to propose to his 'lady friend' downtown when 'Count Yorga Vampire' bites her and turns her into one of his kind....I was very peeved to say the least!!!

Thanks jfade...much appreciated  Smiley

Now if I could just find a way to turn his lady friend back............. Huh

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 26, 02:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, I'm glad to help as the whole vampire concept annoys me to say the least. (Despite all the hacks I've been making for them lately, lol) Perhaps you could marry her anyway, and then get her to buy the vampire cure from the gypsy lady? Smiley

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 26, 02:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just about to get one of my Sims to propose to his 'lady friend' downtown when 'Count Yorga Vampire' bites her and turns her into one of his kind....I was very peeved to say the least!!!

LOL, I'm sorry but that's funny, talk about ruining the mood!
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 26, 02:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, I'm glad to help as the whole vampire concept annoys me to say the least. (Despite all the hacks I've been making for them lately, lol) Perhaps you could marry her anyway, and then get her to buy the vampire cure from the gypsy lady? Smiley

Ah...........I didn't think of that.............to be honest, I didn't want him to have anything else to do with her whilst she's a vampire, however i guess this might be the only way to turn her back.....and keep him from pining!! Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 26, 02:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I'm sorry but that's funny, talk about ruining the mood!

Yeah in hindsight I guess it's pretty funny, but geez, what are the odds on timing things that bad??

Unless old 'Yorga' has a crush on her himself and instead of fighting my Sim for her affections, he opted for the easy way out. I'm surprised he didn't look right at me with a s**t-eating grin and simply say "bleh, bleh"  Wink

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 26, 03:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both Carrigon's golden spider and Twojeffs' college adjuster have vampire options ("make vampire" and "cure"). I've been using both objects for their other splendid qualities and have had no problems. Carrigon's golden spider is really neat, you can place it on a table or the floor and it utilizes all of the new cheats. Perhaps this could help your sim's future fiance.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 26, 03:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Sim Modder" (which is built in) and things that clone that also have Vampire making options.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 26, 03:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info Cabelle and Dizzy-two........much appreciated  Smiley

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 26, 03:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank goodness someone had the smarts to come up with this!!

Thanks jfade...much appreciated  Smiley

Now if I could just find a way to turn his lady friend back............. Huh
I've heard that you can buy the cure potion and then influence someone to drink it. That is if you want to do it the intended game way instead of cheating. Personally it just depends on my mood.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 26, 03:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the no biting whatsoever disables all biting, so the social option doesn't even come up, so no biting for your controlled sims or NPC vampires. It doesn't edit TTAB so it should be compatible with all other social hacks. You can, however, still influence another a vampire to bite someone.

The community one, yes, on a residential lot, anything goes, but at least you don't have to worry about Crumplebottom being bitten since you can't have any vampires bite downtown. However, you can still influence a vampire on a community lot to bite someone. I hope that explains it. Smiley
Awsome, ty very much!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 26, 03:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that you can buy the cure potion and then influence someone to drink it. That is if you want to do it the intended game way instead of cheating. Personally it just depends on my mood.

Yes, I prefer to do it the non cheat way.........however I seem to draw a blank with myself when it comes to good old fashioned common sense  Grin *slaps forehead* Doh!! Embarrassed

Maria
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 26, 04:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for making the no biting hack, Jfade.  One of my sims married a vampire and he's been driving me nuts with the sneaking up and biting her (she buys vamp-d potions by the ten-pack).  Now she'll be safe and they can be a tragic couple instead of annoying.  Thanks so much!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: