More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:48:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: Plant sims
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: Plant sims  (Read 54179 times)
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Seasons: Plant sims
« on: 2007 March 06, 18:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread devoted to the plant sims in seasons, since the questions and discussion about them, so far, is scattered in a number of places.

Anyway, I recently noticed today that, like the servos, spawned plant babies are born with whatever skill points their parent sim has... along with pointy ears.

So it seemed to me that, in terms of game strategy, it would be best to have a sim max out skill points, become a plant sim, then spawn a bunch of toddlers with maxed out skills who then cure themselves of "plantsimism" becoming adults. Assuming a sim born as a plant CAN be cured... and that you don't mind pointy ears.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Seasons: Plant sims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 06, 19:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it seemed to me that, in terms of game strategy, it would be best to have a sim max out skill points, become a plant sim, then spawn a bunch of toddlers with maxed out skills who then cure themselves of "plantsimism" becoming adults. Assuming a sim born as a plant CAN be cured... and that you don't mind pointy ears.
....that would depend on whether you like being stuck with 4 want slots only. Because plantsims go directly to adults and are not allowed into Uni as a result, and their skintone may not be YA-enabled to boot, you'll be stuck with the horribleness of 4/1. Is it worth it?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 06, 19:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....that would depend on whether you like being stuck with 4 want slots only. Because plantsims go directly to adults and are not allowed into Uni as a result, and their skintone may not be YA-enabled to boot, you'll be stuck with the horribleness of 4/1. Is it worth it?

Not if you have the lot debugger.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 06, 19:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my first post, but I feel the need to say, you can use Christianlov's Fake Diploma hack. Gives a degree of your choice and extra want slots and locks. Very useful for Adults made in CAS if you have Uni...or not. I send all my teens there, but love being able to have more than four slots and one lock...not to mention I can have an Ecological Guru sim that's CAS made.

I have no interest in Plant sims til they have cc default eyes and skin. I hear lipstick won't work on them either. I got jfade's hack to prevent the Maxis horror.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 06, 19:36:35 by Sisaly » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 06, 19:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my first post, but I feel the need to say, you can use Christianlov's Fake Diploma hack. Gives a degree of your choice and extra want slots and locks. Very useful for Adults made in CAS if you have Uni...or not. I send all my teens there, but love being able to have more than four slots and one lock...not to mention I can have an Ecological Guru sim that's CAS made.

I have no interest in Plant sims til they have cc default eyes and skin. I hear lipstick won't work on them either. I got jFade's hack to prevent the Maxis horror.

I find the plantsim skin rather pretty, actually. When you put them in underwear you can see that the leaves are a hidden outfit, not part of the skin, and they have vines tattooed on their skin, it sort of matches Enyala's fantasy skins.

INFP or something
Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 06, 19:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That may be, I've seen pics, but the eyes and facial features of the skin are not my mug of beer. Once I can get defaults, I'd love to try them out.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 06, 19:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love it if someone made some default replacements using Enayla's Fantasy Pixie skintones.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 06, 19:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default Plant Replacements - Using Enayla's Pixie skintones

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 06, 20:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I must've missed that when I was playing catch up.  Cheesy

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 06, 20:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought for a second you were being sarcastic, having almost typed the thread title there word for word.  Tongue

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 06, 20:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, I obviously was cruising through MTS2 too quickly when I got Seasons. I knew someone would eventually make one, as anything she makes gets immediately made into defaults by SOMEONE. I just didn't look hard enough.

Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 06, 20:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that link gynarchy. I wasn't looking yet. Now, do my default eyes work with Plant sims?? If so, I'll have to have some Romance plant sims.  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 06, 20:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not if you have the lot debugger.  Cheesy
The implication here is that you're not CHEATING. The lot debugger option was mostly made so you could save your sims that existed pre-Uni, preventing them from becoming garbage.

Well, sure, you could CHEAT, but Plantsims are a post-Uni feature, much like Robots. Robots are similarly SOL here, but hey, they're robots, robots were never known for a complex set of goals.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 06, 20:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, aren't some of your hacks, cheating? What constitutes cheating?

And screw the stupid robots, real robots don't have emotions...unless they are Data in STNG. So that we can agree on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 06, 20:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, aren't some of your hacks, cheating?
Not unless you misuse them. They're mostly for fixing bugs and stupid behaviors. Not for giving you free lunches. In fact, our work is very anti-free lunch.

Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 06, 20:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do love your anti-free lunch. But, presetntly I'm having a problem with my fiance. He thinks any hacks are cheating and that, therefore, I'm a wuss. I try to explain, but he won't listen. His retoric is tainting my opinons. And he's the one that got me hooked on Sims1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 06, 20:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laugh at him when his game crashes and burns. These aren't hacks for cheating, these are third-party patches.

Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 06, 20:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will, if he ever plays again. He's into SC4.

So do Plant sims have LTW?
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 06, 21:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about finding a way to cure the *toddler* of Plantsimism?  Someone more awesome than myself could create a hack allowing a "give [toddler name] Planticillin-C (or whatever it's called)" interaction.  It's more realistic than the way Maxis has it anyway - why wouldn't a parent be allowed to feed the cure to their toddler? 

Just a thought.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 06, 23:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing Uni is long and boring, even with TJ's adjuster to speed things along. I can make them do all they need to get an A+ in 1 day, why suffer through 3 days each for 8 semesters? Honestly, if it weren't for the objects, I'd have uninstalled Uni long ago. I do like the extra want slots and locks, though, so I upgrade them. Games are supposed to be FUN, after all.  Wink Uni is just a chore.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 06, 23:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So do Plant sims have LTW?

Aye, "converted" Sims keep their pre-plant aspiration and LTW. I haven't grown any spawns up yet, but I'd imagine when they turn into adults you pick their apiration and turn ons/offs like you would a newly transitioned teen.

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 06, 23:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I'd check out the greenman house, so I was playing rose and noticed right away she had a FEAR of having a baby.....she's a family asperation sim, lol....weird

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 06, 23:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi Broke rolled the same fear in my game, which is really weird. She's a bit older now, though, so I figured it was just a middle age thing.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 07, 05:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen family sims that have both the want for a baby and fear of having a baby at the same time.  That's one confused sim...  Roll Eyes

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 07, 06:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plant sims do have life time wants... they seem to be normal sims in regards to everything but their different motives. I grew up the toddler in the greenman house and made her a knowledge sim--she has a career LTW.

Polonius, I agree with you about curing the toddlers. It would make a lot of sense, and avoid the problem with skipping uni. You'd think a parent would want to allow their toddler to have a childhood.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: