More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:33:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: Plant sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: Plant sims  (Read 54178 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Seasons: Plant sims
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 07, 06:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Rose just had twins and now wants 10 more! Daisy, the daughter grew up and her LTW is to Max 7 Skills, but she doesn't roll the wants to increase the skill levels like other Knowledge Sims do. She wants pets, bird cages, to go fishing, anything except to gain more skills. I said the heck with you and have her skillinating her brains out. I hope her LTW is realized so she can be Platinum but I have my doubts. Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 07, 07:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about finding a way to cure the *toddler* of Plantsimism?  Someone more awesome than myself could create a hack allowing a "give [toddler name] Planticillin-C (or whatever it's called)" interaction.  It's more realistic than the way Maxis has it anyway - why wouldn't a parent be allowed to feed the cure to their toddler? 

Just a thought.
Can you use the "give" interaction with the cure? I haven't played plant sims yet, just a thought. Maybe then it could be in their inventory and either the toddler can drink it or someone could make a hack, use the bottle animations maybe. It would be sad to think plant sim babies could never go to Uni....

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 07, 07:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got jfade's hack to prevent the Maxis horror.

What hack?

I've use Enayla's default plant sim replacements. The only thing is that it makes Rose's eyes blue, without the default skin they are brown.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 07, 10:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about finding a way to cure the *toddler* of Plantsimism?  Someone more awesome than myself could create a hack allowing a "give [toddler name] Planticillin-C (or whatever it's called)" interaction.  It's more realistic than the way Maxis has it anyway - why wouldn't a parent be allowed to feed the cure to their toddler? 

Just a thought.
Can you use the "give" interaction with the cure? I haven't played plant sims yet, just a thought. Maybe then it could be in their inventory and either the toddler can drink it or someone could make a hack, use the bottle animations maybe. It would be sad to think plant sim babies could never go to Uni....

I don't think you can use the give interaction with toddlers  Undecided

I've had the same problem with Daisy. She rolled knowledge sim wants just fine, until I moved her out. Now it seems to be a mix of money and popularity wants, along with some generic seasons wants. But I think it might have more to do with Daisy being corrupted, because I've heard of this happening with other knowledge sims before...

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 07, 10:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made Daisy a Fortune sim, and she seemed like a normal Fortune sim in her Wants.

I'm also using those jfade hacks. http://www.djssims.com/index.php

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 07, 12:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Polonius, I agree with you about curing the toddlers. It would make a lot of sense, and avoid the problem with skipping uni. You'd think a parent would want to allow their toddler to have a childhood.
I dunno about having a CHILDHOOD, as it's pretty annoying, but an edumacation might be nice.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 07, 13:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the plantsim skin rather pretty, actually. When you put them in underwear you can see that the leaves are a hidden outfit, not part of the skin, and they have vines tattooed on their skin, it sort of matches Enyala's fantasy skins.

I agree; I think the vine and leaf tatoos are really pretty.  I was surprised when people wanted to replace that with plain, solid green.

I find plantsims tiring to play because they never go to sleep!  I had no idea that I needed the momentary respite while my sims slept, but it looks as if I do.  Sure, I could pause the game, but I like having a down period while my sims are peacefully sleeping and I'm thinking about what to have them do the next day.  There's more of a "God's watching over you" feeling if I think about them while they sleep, as opposed to when I'm pausing the game. :-)

I'm surprised that other sims have no reaction when someone changes into a plantsim.  I appreciate their not caring about race or sexual orientation, but they do notice things like stinky sims; you'd think a wife would notice (not necessarily in a negative way, but *notice*) that her husband had turned green and sprouted leaves.  When my guy turned into a plant sim, his wife came home from work and chatted as usual.  About tennis.  You'd think she'd at least say, "Hey, what happened to you while I was at work?!" :-)

Someone asked if a sim who was born/spawned as a plant sim can be cured.  Yup.  My guy spawned a daughter, and I had her drink the potion when she grew up.  I made her a Knowledge sim, partly because I play them the most, anyway, and partly because I thought a Knowledge sim could handle the trauma of changing races/species/whatever better than other sims. :-)

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 07, 13:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Knowledge sims like becoming strange, not so fond of becoming unstrange. You should make them something else to deplant them. De-planting a former plantbaby is unrecommended because they'd still not be able to go to college and lose out on the advantages of plantism. The best of both worlds would be to become a plant after being a normal sim, so you can have 6/2 *AND* be a plant.

It's not easy being green!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 07, 13:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it is at all possible to make the Plant Sims age normally (all age stages). I realize there is no skintone for the other ages, but they're basically still regular sims, so I don't see why not.

What kind of loser decided to make it so they age straight to adult?

Fail.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 07, 13:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find plantsims tiring to play because they never go to sleep!  I had no idea that I needed the momentary respite while my sims slept, but it looks as if I do.  Sure, I could pause the game, but I like having a down period while my sims are peacefully sleeping and I'm thinking about what to have them do the next day.  There's more of a "God's watching over you" feeling if I think about them while they sleep, as opposed to when I'm pausing the game. :-)

Actually, they do go to sleep. Shocked You can send them to bed like any other Sim...the difference is the fact that they don't need sleep.
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 07, 14:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Polonius, I agree with you about curing the toddlers. It would make a lot of sense, and avoid the problem with skipping uni. You'd think a parent would want to allow their toddler to have a childhood.
I dunno about having a CHILDHOOD, as it's pretty annoying, but an edumacation might be nice.
*gasp* Pescado, is that a hint that you'll take me up on my idea in some form or another?  I'd be EVAH so grateful, sah...
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 07, 15:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, they do go to sleep. Shocked You can send them to bed like any other Sim...the difference is the fact that they don't need sleep.

Really? I tried to put that toddler in her crib for awhile and she starting screaming immediately and didn't stop quickly (I took her out so dunno when she would have stopped, but it didn't look like she'd sleep).

I don't like that they don't sleep or that they only have 3 needs. Too easy. I do like the skin, cept'nfor the toddlers hat. For some reason that little daisy thing bugs me and it looks funny in my game. I wish I could give her a different hairstyle at least.

Unsouper
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 07, 21:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it is at all possible to make the Plant Sims age normally (all age stages). I realize there is no skintone for the other ages, but they're basically still regular sims, so I don't see why not.

What kind of loser decided to make it so they age straight to adult?

I thought I saw in the comments at InSIM that one of Squinge's hacks causes plant Sims to go through all the regular ages (with normal skins for the kids and teens.)  Ummm, the one for having YA's outside of University, I think it was.  Maybe you could pick that apart and figure out how it's done...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 08, 21:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it is at all possible to make the Plant Sims age normally (all age stages).

There would need to be some other hack besides just adding some green skin, because I don't think children could stay inside the school (and away from the shower!) all day.  The teens have a shorter school day, so I suppose they *might* be able to make it.  It stil seems like it would be a pretty big stress, though. 

I figure this is why Plantsims age directly from toddler to adult -- because they'd die if you sent them to schooll!

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 08, 21:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The *real* reason is they were too lazy to come up with children's and teen's outfits (3 more meshes to mesh).

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 08, 22:18:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it is at all possible to make the Plant Sims age normally (all age stages).

There would need to be some other hack besides just adding some green skin, because I don't think children could stay inside the school (and away from the shower!) all day.  The teens have a shorter school day, so I suppose they *might* be able to make it.  It stil seems like it would be a pretty big stress, though. 

I figure this is why Plantsims age directly from toddler to adult -- because they'd die if you sent them to schooll!

They can, its not difficult at all, the water need decays in the same speed as hygiene, which is really slow. the Sun decays as slow as normal energy, even during the night.
they can go anywhere and do anything without worry much.
the real reason as the earlier poster said, was probably because they didn't have enough time to make all the mesh for different ages.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 08, 22:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've use Enayla's default plant sim replacements. The only thing is that it makes Rose's eyes blue, without the default skin they are brown.
Rose in my game has green eyes.  Her DNA is for green eyes.  I don't use any default plant sim replacements.  When I tried curing her of plantsimism to see what she looked like as a normal sim, she has S4 skin, brown hair, and green eyes, which is very striking, but I like her better as a plantsim.  So I didn't save.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 09, 01:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rose has green eyes in my hood and I am using Enayla's default plant skintone replacements.

edit - pixie nymph and glory to be precise
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 09, 01:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And cheating is bad,, how??  Its just taking advantage of the available features on the debugger.  How is this cheating? Tongue

Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 09, 09:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can, its not difficult at all, the water need decays in the same speed as hygiene, which is really slow. the Sun decays as slow as normal energy, even during the night.
they can go anywhere and do anything without worry much.
the real reason as the earlier poster said, was probably because they didn't have enough time to make all the mesh for different ages.

Hmm.  Your plant sims must be different from mine.  I noticed that when my normal sim went to work, the plant sim would have passed out if I hadn't watered him while she was gone.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 09, 10:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind that the plant sims only have two life stages, makes it more alien to my way of thinking. I also like the Maxis plant skins, they're beautifully designed. I think the Enayla skins are awful and make sims look shiny and ill.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 09, 12:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to play around last night and used the age sims cheat to age Daisy Greenman down to a child after she'd transitioned to adult. It was late, though, so I closed down the game while she was at school. She doesn't have the plant skin, obviously, and she's missing the age meter, but if you hover where it should be, it tells you how many days are left until transition.  Her needs are still that of a plant sim and her wants/other actions are that of a child.  I got Rose a real job before that, and she made it fine through the workday, even while pregnant.

ETA: School must hold classes in a greenhouse or with the sunlamps.  Wink She came home from school with her Sunlight still on 100% Her Water only down maybe 25%, and Love down a smidge. And the game/lot hasn't exploded.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 09, 15:36:48 by katenigma » Logged

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 09, 20:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Plantsims pretty much as they are, though I haven't made one of my own yet (I'm working in getting Puck in Veronaville to plantify).  I think the lack of child and teen Plantsims actually makes sense from a game balance standpoint--if you park them under a sun lamp, they can train or perform just about any task indefinitely (provided they take occasional breaks to shower).  I've currently got Daisy Greenman working in the medical field, carrying on a romance, and still spending ~12 hours a day making robots.  If they had three more age groups in which to skill up, plus the career boost from graduating college, there'd be no reason to have anything but Plantsims in your neighborhood.

However, I wish they had more hairstyles than just the one.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 10, 00:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the plant sims.  I also have Enayla's defalt skin and I love it.  I chose the lightest skin--that was before I knew that they all had dark skin.  I am on my fifth generation spawned from Rose and I can tell you one thing--They are now born with full skill points.  It is funny cause the tots do not need to learn, so they spend there time happily splashing in the toilet puddle in the bathroom.  I put a heat lamp in there and I periodically send in sims to talk and play with them.  Never had easier tots than that.  They spend all their free time(when everyone is in bed) tending the garden-talking to the plants--I also have heat lamps in greenhouse.  They rarly need water cause the sprinklers spritz them.  They have opened up a produce store since they have so much produce.  One thing though, one of the plant sims took a job in gaming and when he reached the top of the career, he worked at night.  He left every day with full sunlight,and every night he came home ready to collapse.  It would take him all night to recover.  I don't know if it is job specific problem or it was because the job was at night.  I had him quit and get a daytime job and that doesn't happen anymore.  It also doesn't seem that pregnant plant sims get any depletion due to pregnancy--not that I have noticed.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 10, 02:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have opened up a produce store since they have so much produce.

How do you sell the produce? Do you sell the items piece by piece or can you sell them in bulk?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: