More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:07:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stupid pets wants
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid pets wants  (Read 10723 times)
DarkPriestess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Stupid pets wants
« on: 2007 March 06, 13:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have constant pet wants like "train pet to " or "command pet to".  I have installed TwoJeffs nopetobsession hack, but so far it hasn't helped.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  These wants come up no matter what the aspiration of the sim.

I have Seasons installed and it seems to be worse since the installation.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 06, 13:19:48 by DarkPriestess » Logged
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Stupid pets wants
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 06, 15:17:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an 'antipetobsession' mod in the Pets testing area, found here. I think it actually curbs the constant pet-related wants, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 06, 15:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that Seasons seems to have worsened the pet spam.  Its not so bad when the sims dont have a pet, but when they do every single want slot is filled with pet wants.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Kris
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 06, 16:24:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's an 'antipetobsession' mod in the Pets testing area, found here. I think it actually curbs the constant pet-related wants, but I'm not 100% sure about this.

It seems to get rid of the "Get a puppy/kitten" want, but that's about it. All the other "Play with/Train/Give Love to.." wants are there, ad nauseum. It got so annoying that I've put all the pets in my neighborhood up for adoption save one, and that lot is sorely testing me. Would a hack that supresses pet-related wants completely be possible? Because I'd be the first in line to download that.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 06, 16:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, makes me glad I uninstalled Pets again

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 06, 16:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All you need is a teenage Fortune or Knowledge sim in the house - then all their wants will revolve around scholarships and getting into private school (assuming you have Uni installed). Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 06, 17:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see a Sim who has nothing else on its mind wanting to interact with a pet, but in my case I've had Sims who've gone to college and have since moved into a different house roll wants to interact with the family pet.  It's annoying.  I either have the hack installed and it doesn't work, or I need to get it and put it in my game.  I'm tired and I'm doing a backup before I install Seasons.  *crosses fingers for luck!*

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 06, 19:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem. Tara Roseland (formerly Kat) still has wants to play with and give love to a kitten that she sold to another family. There's got to be a hack somewhere that prevents sims from having these wants if the animal no longer lives on the same lot, but I haven't found one yet.

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 06, 19:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem. The kids are the worst, all 4 slots will be clogged with "get a kitten", "get a puppy" "Get a puppy or kitten" and then "buy a birdcage/womrat cage" Having a pet already or not doesn't seem to make a difference. It's getting old fast.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 06, 19:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was making me nuts too. I had the Adoption service come and get the cat on my lot. I have jfade's No Wolf hack and should try to find a No Pets On Lot mod. Does that exist?

But I can't uninstall. I love the sledgehammer and custom paintings. And the new phone options. But the fricking animals are annoying. And I loved Unleashed..... Undecided
DarkPriestess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 06, 21:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This worked great for me!  I haven't tested it on sims at uni or in households where the pet has been sold, but on the sims I have played pet wants now only come up occasionally.

Thanks so much notveryawesome!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 07, 05:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was making me nuts too. I had the Adoption service come and get the cat on my lot. I have jfade's No Wolf hack and should try to find a No Pets On Lot mod. Does that exist?

Yup; our own TwoJeffs' visitor controller has a painting that bans strays from the lot, and Inge has a 'stray-away' sign that can be bought and put on any lot over on dinnerbell (www.simlogical.com)

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 07, 05:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I can't uninstall. I love the sledgehammer and custom paintings. And the new phone options. But the fricking animals are annoying. And I loved Unleashed..... Undecided

the sledgehammer got carried over to Seasons

also carried forward from Pets to Seasons;
collections enhancements
flatten lot tool
rotating floor tiles
revamped collections
inventory hotkey
invite household interface

and I think the custom paintings did too - the folder is there but I haven't had a chance to check in-game so I could be wrong *plans to check*

Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 08, 15:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

collections enhancements
flatten lot tool
rotating floor tiles
revamped collections
inventory hotkey

and I think the custom paintings did too - the folder is there but I haven't had a chance to check in-game so I could be wrong *plans to check*

Thank you for that info!! If the paintings work, I'm DEFINITELY uninstalling Pets. Glad I didn't pay for it.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 08, 16:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm new to pets, do you need a hack to have them get a stray, or just call the regular service? If a pet has been taken, will it still come to your lot to visit, or is it caged somewhere to darken your doorstep no more?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 08, 21:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you can adopt strays from the normal adoption service in the game. Christianlov at MTS2 has a pet teleporter that allows you to move strays to the lot - just make sure that the stray you are adopting isn't already on the lot when you use the teleporter, or else that particular stray won't appear in the list of adoptees.

sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 08, 21:11:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wait, I actually want someone to come get the stray. Take it away.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 08, 21:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install the Visitor Controller. It has options where you can ban all wolves, strays,skunks, pets, etc from a lot, and then has the paintings that work the same way on community lots.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 08, 21:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the pets expansion, and really enjoy playing the pets. But I do NOT have the constant pet wants that a lot of you are experiencing. So it isn't just the expansion. It is something about the way your game is played.

I would actually welcome more pets wants, because they are easy to fulfill and I enjoy watching my sims interacting with pets. Instead, I'm getting a ton of wants that I would prefer to not let my sims fulfill. For instance, I have an intended "cat lady" that I want to stay single and play with cats. All she wants is to fall in love, go on a date, go on an outing, eat downtown, etc. I may have to relent, and choose a different Sim for my neighborhood "cat lady."

Maybe the game is just diabolical, and spits out wants that annoy each of us.  LOL

For every King, there is a Queen ....
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 08, 22:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can't put a pet into the adoption pool? In other words, in more detail, there are currently some strays that I don't want coming around, but at some point in the future I might have a sim adopt them, but I would like to do this over the phone rather than using... oh forget it. I guess that's a no.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 08, 22:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was making me nuts too. I had the Adoption service come and get the cat on my lot.

I once tried doing that for a family with one cat. The game really ran slow after they got the cat so I wanted to remove it.  But after lots of training and befriending, the sims kept bursting into tears after their cat was taken away. My heart couldn't handle that, as I had to give my 2 cats away because of minor allergies. They went to good homes, but my eyes still well up 3 years after they're gone, whenever I think of them. So I exited without saving and never did that again Sad
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 08, 22:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can't put a pet into the adoption pool? In other words, in more detail, there are currently some strays that I don't want coming around, but at some point in the future I might have a sim adopt them, but I would like to do this over the phone rather than using... oh forget it. I guess that's a no.

The pet agency only comes to take away pets you own, they don't do anything about the strays. 

- Kurt Vonnegut
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 08, 22:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing Seasons, I decided to get rid of the Pests once and for all.  I have uninstalled Pets and so far it doesn't seem to have borked my game.  My pre-Seasons hoods are still there and at a cursory glance all my saved games appear intact.  Just after the loading screen I got a message saying that as Pets had been uninstalled all pets would be removed from my neighbourhoods and lots.  At least now I will be free of the stupid pet spam wants Smiley
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 08, 23:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

collections enhancements
flatten lot tool
rotating floor tiles
revamped collections
inventory hotkey

Thank you for that info!! If the paintings work, I'm DEFINITELY uninstalling Pets. Glad I didn't pay for it.

I did check and custom paintings did get carried forward to Seasons!

After installing Seasons, I decided to get rid of the Pests once and for all.  I have uninstalled Pets and so far it doesn't seem to have borked my game.  My pre-Seasons hoods are still there and at a cursory glance all my saved games appear intact.  Just after the loading screen I got a message saying that as Pets had been uninstalled all pets would be removed from my neighbourhoods and lots.  At least now I will be free of the stupid pet spam wants Smiley

Shocked  I will have to check my old hood then!!  I was missing my sims but didn't really want to reinstall Pests *runs off to try the old hood*

FlyOnTheWall
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 08, 23:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have problems with the pet wants too. I have both TwoJeff's nopetobsession and Pescado's antipetobsession, they help with Sims harrassing the pets and with Sims having constant wants for Adopt a Puppy/Adopt a Kitten/Adopt a Puppy/Kitten, but I still get want spam to interact with and give commands to the pets they already have. My Sim went to college and for the first four semesters all her want slots were clogged with the stupid family dog she left at home. I'd have her invite one of her parents over so they could bring the dog and keep her in green, the Wants would stop until the next morning when she got out of bed, then they'd all be about the dog again. Finally in her Junior year the dog died of old age and the wants stopped.

When I had a Servo pawn off some of his surplus dogs on an unsuspecting townie, he rolled the want to adopt one of them back the next day. AAAARGH!

This has all been since Seasons too. I was hoping the new Seasons wants would make the Pets wants less annoying, but it's worse. Now I get spam for "Command Rover to Come Here" and for "Go Fishing".  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: