More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:45:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Macrotastics(?) still hates the whole Greenman family, and some P'view Sims too.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Macrotastics(?) still hates the whole Greenman family, and some P'view Sims too.  (Read 10796 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Macrotastics(?) still hates the whole Greenman family, and some P'view Sims too.
« on: 2007 March 05, 23:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am getting a new Object Error (G001_User00002 - Rose" #517, Error: Invalid constant.)

I have several non-awesome hacks, but this is a brand new boo-boo.

The Greenmans bought a Maxis Flower business and expanded it. When I go to Riverblossom, and click on their house, it does a good thing and tells me they are at their business. They are, I want to play them, so I agree to go there. When I arrive, Jason G is reset and Rose doesn't load. Only delete succeeds in loading the lot. So I had Jason call his wife and have her come over. (The child was left with a nanny in Maxis limbo last time I played, but my graphics card barfed after a few hours and the sounds I heard implied that the game kept running but I had a Turquoise Screen of Game Coma.)

I canceled out of the game and a few hours later I tried playing again and Riverblossom was a black screen. Then I got UI interface artifacts. Belatedly I recalled that I had not restarted the computer after the last game hang, so I closed stuff down and restarted.

Error logs that may or may not be relevant are attached. Voyeurs as well as helpers are welcome.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 09, 18:07:47 by Lorelei » Logged

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Macrotastics hates Rose Greenman? (Please help find the non-awesome hack)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 05, 23:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a problem directly related to Macrotastics, it's some sort of core function error. However, I'm not sure what would cause this. Have you updated everything? Who or what is Rose Greenman?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 06, 00:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rose Greenman is the Maxis-made plant person.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 06, 00:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a problem directly related to Macrotastics, it's some sort of core function error. However, I'm not sure what would cause this. Have you updated everything? Who or what is Rose Greenman?

I have indeed been eagerly downloading the latest versions when they become Seasons compatible (and THANK YOU), so I'm baffled. Maybe the nanny left the plant child at home alone? Not sure how she could, as they are supposed to be in limbo.

ETA: Just noticed all the garden build mode lights were also missing when the lot reloaded. These were among the first things I put on the lot, because Rose was working with her husband at the florist's. These are the lights that PlantSims can use instead of sunlight, or you can use them in greenhouses. So neither Rose nor the lights loaded into the lot. Ugh, why?

Attempting to replace them caused the usual Turquoise Screen Of Game Coma (with no error message and continuing sound effects in the background).
« Last Edit: 2007 March 06, 01:15:17 by Lorelei » Logged

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 06, 03:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible farkness solved, but I won't know until I can reload the game. I have two copies of Insim, and, no, I don't use them at the same time. On my desktop, only the first several words show. Alas, "InSIMenator (UV) v2.5 D..." looks a lot like "InSIMenator (UV) v2.5 O..." when you are slightly nearsighted, tired, in a dimly-lit room, and have a 17" wide flat screen set to the highest resolution with tiny icons. The DEST version is known to be buggy. The OBJ version has issues but doesn't borkify things as much because it doesn't mess with menus.

I'm hoping that swapping the completely-wrong file for the less-wrong file (InSim is not fully updated for EP5 yet) will fix the conflict with the PlantSim and Gro-Lite.

Macrotastics was mentioned in one of the error logs, but I don't believe it is at fault in any way, it just got listed a lot, possibly because it has so many components. It's probably more telling that InSIM wasn't listed (IIRC), because that implies that it was the cranky object complaining about pretty much every other object in the game and splorping up the Object Error.

Or so I hope.

Also, if I forgot to mention it, Hack Detect and Clean Install were both giving me a clean bill of health before and after.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 06, 14:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, the work of the non-Awesome. Do not use outdated hacks. Period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 06, 15:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, the work of the non-Awesome. Do not use outdated hacks. Period.

Always a good plan. I did read extensively over at InSIM and found out that OBJ was working, with known caveats listed. They are trying to determine what needs updating, and I guinea pigged myself. Alas, mistaking an O for a D is really a sad mistake.

Also, removing and restarting didn't fix the issue, so it may not be InSIM at fault. It's just the likely culprit by process of elimination, and because all other hacks currently in my DLs are Updated Awesomeness (99%...and a few updated non-awesome but ready for EP5 hacks that were known not to borkify previous EPs).

In penance for my egregious non-awesomeness, I punished myself by visiting The BBS of Leetspeek until my eyes started spontaneously spurting pus.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 06, 20:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't take long.. Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 06, 20:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My eyes spurt pus at the mere *thought* of visiting the BBS. Wink

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 06, 21:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My eyes spurt pus at the mere *thought* of visiting the BBS. Wink

Niiice imagery Notvery!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 06, 21:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a Pavlovian response, and that it's actually my brain leaking out my eyes.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 07, 05:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't take long.. Cheesy

It didn't.

I feel I have been sufficiently smote smitten smited scarred for life and apparently also suffering major hitpoints on my grammar skills.

Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 07, 14:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it may not be a hack at all.  I think the Greenman lot, in my game at least, is seriously buggy.  I saw the jump bug for the first time in at least a year the other night, right before Daisy popped up an error.  It happened repeatedly, and the only way to get rid of it finally was to delete the poor kid.

Maybe Maxis will fix whatever the problem is with the patch.  *snort*

Edited to attach error log (there's a bunch, but they're all identical)

Edit 2: While I'm at it... there's one error log from my main neighborhood that popped up the other night when my sim was trying to go to work.  I don't know what was up with that, but I figured I'd attach it as well and see if anyone knows what happened there.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 08, 23:31:29 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 08, 22:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Seasons, so I'm just talking out of my ass here, BUTT (pun intentional), by all accounts, plantsims seem to be borked. There's a lot of info in the Plantsims Thread.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 08, 23:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they are that borked.  I haven't really had any problems with them.  It's probably more that hacks have to be updated to be used with them.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 08, 23:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think they are that borked.  I haven't really had any problems with them.  It's probably more that hacks have to be updated to be used with them.

The hacks I'm using are all supposedly EP5-ready. Someone may have fibbed or not tested adequately, but I'm not trying to sneak a non-updated hack in. I did have InSIM OBJ Pets, but InSIMinator notes that that is workable, and I did try running the game without it.

Also had no custom content other than buy mode objects spawned by EP5-ready hacks and mods when the errors occurred.

Buggery bollocks, this game makes me weary.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 08, 23:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it may not be a hack at all.  I think the Greenman lot, in my game at least, is seriously buggy.  I saw the jump bug for the first time in at least a year the other night, right before Daisy popped up an error.  It happened repeatedly, and the only way to get rid of it finally was to delete the poor kid.
Try updating your Less Whiny.

Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 09, 00:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume the updated version is in the Seasons Director's Cut?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 09, 02:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume the updated version is in the Seasons Director's Cut?

yes, the updated version is dated 3/5/07
Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 09, 09:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesomeness.  I haven't played with G001 since (I'm starting to get into my new hood Grin), but the one error that popped up in several hours of playing was (doubtfully) hack-related, seeing as how it dealt with the Climate Controller.  *goes to read error log out of curiosity*
Oh shit lol!  Looks like having CC trees on my lot saved my poor outdoor-living sims' lives!  The error occurred when the game attempted to run a lightning strike on a non-maxis tree Cheesy
(Actually, it kinda *is* a maxis tree - it's one of Numenor's maxis-lost-and-found thingies) 

I wonder if this is something that will need to be addressed by creators... or *can* be... to my total and utter non-awesomeness it looks like the game looked for that object in treeglobals and didn't see it (or something along those lines) and then threw an error.

I attached the error log in case anyone who hasn't seen this happen yet is interested.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 09, 09:14:34 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 09, 09:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis lost-and-found trees are likely not updated to include any new essential features. This tree is apparently incompatible.

Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 09, 12:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think having CC trees on the lot will bork my game, or just mean I won't see many lightning strikes?  If I hadn't had debug mode on, I probably wouldn't have even noticed there was a problem.
I'm kinda attached to my downloaded plants...  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 09, 13:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They'll likely wig out if anything happens to them.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 09, 17:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still having the same issue with Rose and Daisy and now Jason (non-PlantSim). Rose is supposed to be at the family business with Jason, but isn't there. However, this time when I loaded the lot (in order to finally send Jason home), there was no message indicating she was missing. I thought that was a good sign, which it wasn't. Got Jason home, and all three are shown as being there plus a typically useless nanny. Nanny promptly says adios, then Rose spurts errors, Macrotastics spurts errors, can't get rid of the erroring. Rose is deleted. Daisy spurts errors, second verse same as the first. Jason spurts errors, a Plant Sim specific error comes up for him, then Macrotastics complains, he can only be dealt with by deletion. House is now empty, no Sims. Disgusted, I exit out and go back in. Same story.

So I decide to test another family, previously error-free. Human male and female, cat. Enter lot, errors begin spurting but no Macrotastics errors. Cat is unselectable, when previously I had some mod that made pets selectable. I intervene to get male to try and teach cat a command. Errors.  I let them do whatever they want and they eat (custom food) that had been left half finished earlier. No problem. I direct them to dance, no problem. They decide to run off to woohoo, no errors until after, but that seems to be a crappy NVidia card problem. Was also noticing some sound stuttering, but that may be an unrelated problem to Sims.

Did I overlook something non-awesome? That has to be the problem. I have the very latest macrotastics, BTW, and allowed it to replace the previous version (no double copies).

Also, in case something in my cheats has been outmoded, here's what I have:
intProp SeeThem 231
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
floatProp tvVolume 0.4
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
boolprop useshaders true
uintProp lotSkirtSizeIncrease 18
boolProp enableLotImpostersInLot true
boolProp enableNeighborhoodOccupantsInLot true
boolProp clickableLotImposters true
uintProp neighborhoodPropFadeDistance 25
boolProp ControlPets true
boolProp PetActionCancel true
boolProp dormspecifictoolsdisabled false
intProp MaxNumOfVisitingSims 10

I tend to turn testingcheatsenabled to false once in the game in a lot that actually loads, but if this is the cause, I'll zap it from the cheat file.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 15, 18:13:05 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 09, 17:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And here's the error logs for the P'view Sims.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 15, 18:14:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: