More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 14:18:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  NOT a Seasons crashing problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NOT a Seasons crashing problem  (Read 2394 times)
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
NOT a Seasons crashing problem
« on: 2007 March 05, 17:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it is a crashing problem of sorts.

Since January 21 (I don't know why I remember the date, but I do), I have reloaded Pets seven times. I can play successfully the day before and close down properly, and then the next day, the program will simply NOT load. I move my CC, uninstall, then reinstall.

As I said, this has happened seven times. Now each time before this last, I've blamed CC that I downloaded, isolating, cleansing, and purging as needed (I sound bulemic). This time, there was NO computer activity other than a routine  email check between shutting down last night and attempting to open up this afternoon.

I'm on WinXP with Visiontek Radeon 9600SE graphics card, 1.0 gHz speed, OODLES of HD space and over a gig of memory.

What might be causing this conflict? It's almost as though something edits the startup routine that makes it stop before it starts...

Thanks in advance.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: NOT a Seasons crashing problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 05, 17:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably won't do diddly for this, but did you delete the Groups.cache file? That worked for me with OFB and it's weird crashing glitch. Doesn't work with Seasons, but hey any port in a storm.

Could be a safedisc glitch  when it goes to load after you shut down it's not finding what it needs and it aborts the load.. Think there is a file to DL that deals with safedisc issues. Microsoft has a file to DL to fix that issue.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: