More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 17:00:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Infertilityville
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Infertilityville  (Read 6124 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
Infertilityville
« on: 2007 March 04, 01:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a problem lately with sims not getting pregnant.  First of all, they never get pregnant from mere woohooing... ever.  I started two neighborhoods lately, and am trying a less "breed 'em like bunnies" approach to populating it. There are four married couples between the two neighborhoods.  Each couple has tried regular woohoo at least once per day (and up to four times per day), for twelve to fifteen days in a row with no resulting pregnancy in any of them.

As their days of fertility began slipping away I switched to using the "try for baby" option once per day.  Two of the couples are finally pregnant, but in both cases they showed jump bugs at conception.  One was in a bed (default, no cc), and the woman was suddenly standing next to the bed.  The other was in a car (also no cc), and both the man and woman were suddenly standing at the mailbox.

I tried a hack detection utility to see if there were any conflicting hacks in my downloads folder.  The only conflicts are the JM tippingfix -vs- twojeffs Busker Tipping Hack (which should be compatible), and JM's nostrayrespawn -vs- Shaklin's no stray sign, and Shaklin's no stray sign -vs- DJS's wolf attraction sign.  I've looked through my downloads folder and didn't see anything that looked like it would affect pregnancy, at least getting pregnant.  I have about 2/3 of the mods from this site, some Squinge stuff to stop annoyances (mostly no autonomy and business stuff), and a few more from those who seem to have good reputations as reliable and knowledgeable mod-makers here and at MTS2.

I can't be sure when this started, but I didn't have this problem before OFB/Pets (both of which i installed for the first time immediately after a new hard drive formatting a few months ago).  Has anybody experienced something like this before?  Is this related to a change in one of those two EPs and I just don't notice it right away?  Does the jump bug mean anything other than "broken game, dude"?  Is there a way to find what's causing this other than one-at-a-time trial & error?  Any other suggestions or guidance.

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Infertilityville
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 04, 07:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit happens. It's just sadorandom. Since it's only about a 50/50 shot of happening, that means it will fail to achieve the desired result 90% of the time. If it seems to happen more often, it's likely because the sadorandom number generator has improved and is more accurately able to detect your intent.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 04, 11:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shit happens. It's just sadorandom. Since it's only about a 50/50 shot of happening, that means it will fail to achieve the desired result 90% of the time. If it seems to happen more often, it's likely because the sadorandom number generator has improved and is more accurately able to detect your intent.
So you're telling me that my game has an attitude problem?  Is there any way to show it who moves the mouse in this relationship?

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 04, 14:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe it's possible for sims to get pregnant without "try for baby" unless you're using a hack.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 04, 20:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure BastDawn is correct. Unless you're using a hack you didn't mention (like TJ's ACR), then choosing 'Woohoo' won't result in a baby. EVER. You have to choose 'Try for Baby', which has the percentage chance of working or not.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 05, 00:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there is a remote chance that an ordinary woohoo will result in pregnancy, but the chances are so low I wouldn't use it if I wanted the sims to have a baby.

Slurpee, if you want "oops" pregnancies then try either ACR or Syberspunk's Risky Woohoo mod.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 05, 01:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or adjust the risky pregnancy odds. I couldn't make my sim Try For Baby with a townie, so I upped the risky odds to 67%. Actually she still hasn't tried for baby since I installed seasons. I moved him in tonight so we'll see how it goes.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 05, 01:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, there is a remote chance that an ordinary woohoo will result in pregnancy, but the chances are so low I wouldn't use it if I wanted the sims to have a baby.
Ordinary woohoo can result in pregnancy for the same reason it does in real life: Fat, fumble-fingered users. The actual *CODE* doesn't have ANY chance, but the two options are adjacent and a fat-fingered user may hit the wrong button due to the way the pie menu works.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 05, 02:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or adjust the risky pregnancy odds. I couldn't make my sim Try For Baby with a townie, so I upped the risky odds to 67%. Actually she still hasn't tried for baby since I installed seasons. I moved him in tonight so we'll see how it goes.
Are you talking about syberspunk's "Risky woohoo" mod and/or the ACR? Or is there a different way to adjust those odds? Huh
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 05, 05:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As seems to be the pattern of my life, I have discovered the depths of my own ignorance.  I thought regular woohoo could lead to pregnancy because it used to happen all the time in the past... a past when I used to use the infamous (more than famous?) "kitten killer" in my game, a practice I have since abandoned.  I'm going to try syberspunk's risky risky-woohoo cocktail to see if I like that better.  Thanks for your help dudes!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 05, 05:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth my opinion, I highly recommend syberspunk's risky woohoo. You can adjust the risk percentage as you wish, and make it different according to the woohoo type (e.g. car woohoo is more risky than bed woohoo etc.). I use that mod only, plus birth control and fertility/virility potions by Smonaff, and my sims only woohoo, never try for baby; it's much more interesting this way.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 05, 07:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth my opinion, I highly recommend syberspunk's risky woohoo. You can adjust the risk percentage as you wish, and make it different according to the woohoo type (e.g. car woohoo is more risky than bed woohoo etc.). I use that mod only, plus birth control and fertility/virility potions by Smonaff, and my sims only woohoo, never try for baby; it's much more interesting this way.
I'm interested to see how they work out for me.  I want to alter the percentages so they're all the same, but the Pets version are only alterable in SimPE, and I'm not good enough to do that yet.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 05, 09:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm interested to see how they work out for me.  I want to alter the percentages so they're all the same, but the Pets version are only alterable in SimPE, and I'm not good enough to do that yet.

If I ever get around to it... I may:

a) steal a global BCON somewhere and use that as the global reference, so you can have a single, "easy to edit" file like before

or if I'm more ambitious (which I'm not Tongue)

b) create a controller similar to the likes of the ACR Adjust... options

The latter option is a bit more involving, and I'm not quite sure if this would require having an object created per lot (and thus the settings would be lot specific) or if it's possible to do a global setting.  Meh.  This options too involved for me to do right now.  So I don't know why I even mention it. Roll Eyes

As for the jump buggy stuff... they might be legitimate bugs.  Supposably, if your sims jump, even if you don't have debug mode on, there should be error logs created in your Logs folder (under C:/Documents and Settings/<User Name>/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs  - or something like that... just go up one directory level from your Downloads folder).

Scan for any .txt files that say Object Error (or something like that... with some "random" number).  You can peek in them, and see if you have any related to Pregancy or Pregnancy Controller.  If so, you can post those logs here as attachments, and I'm sure someone can take a look at them to see if something else is going on that might be hack related.  Pregnancies not progressing properly can be due to things like the controller getting deleted or sim data getting screwed up somehow.

Ste

slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 05, 13:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I ever get around to it... I may:
I'll take whatever I can get.  Even a tutorial.  I know that there was one in the zip file they came in, but it was about one step above my head (incidentally, i finally created my first object... a painting with a "get the creeps" option and associated animation).

As for the jump buggy stuff... they might be legitimate bugs.  Supposably, if your sims jump, even if you don't have debug mode on, there should be error logs created in your Logs folder (under C:/Documents and Settings/<User Name>/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Logs  - or something like that... just go up one directory level from your Downloads folder).

Scan for any .txt files that say Object Error (or something like that... with some "random" number).  You can peek in them, and see if you have any related to Pregancy or Pregnancy Controller.  If so, you can post those logs here as attachments, and I'm sure someone can take a look at them to see if something else is going on that might be hack related.  Pregnancies not progressing properly can be due to things like the controller getting deleted or sim data getting screwed up somehow.
I scanned everything in that folder and couldn't find anything.  Most of the files were empty.  There were about three or four exception files about [something weird happened on this lot], and a few other files with a bazillion "ERROR,TSAudio,Failed to initialize sound" lines in them.

One of the pregnancies came and went with no trouble (other than being twins, which is a whole other headache).

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: