More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:31:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wanting to Re-Generate my Townies.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wanting to Re-Generate my Townies.  (Read 25944 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Wanting to Re-Generate my Townies.
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 07, 11:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when it is all said and done, answer the question and not just be mean.

Being mean is part of what we do.

Besides, the only comment I made that was in any way directed at you was about that huge red font of yours, and you were asking for it. As far as the original poster, by the time I came to the thread the last thing needed was more information... pointing and laughing was the only thing left to do.

Fail.
STLBailey
Asinine Airhead

A bee's eye view.......

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 07, 11:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angelyne posted the DMA file for download.  (thanx)  

Now where can i go to read up about it.  Is there a website or a forum post?  Is this a SimPE Plugin or a file on its on to be put in the game like the Teleporter bush?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 07, 11:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DMA is from an evil paysite. Have you destroyed a paysite today?

... oh, wait, angelyne is helping you with that.  Tongue

http://valdea.com/board/

Fail.
STLBailey
Asinine Airhead

A bee's eye view.......

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 07, 11:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Sara.  Wink

See, I knew you were sweet after all!  LOL  (oops...can I say LOL)

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 07, 11:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when it is all said and done, answer the question and not just be mean.

Being mean is part of what we do.

After all, the description of The Podium says right up front, "Ask Me Your Questions, And I Will Make Fun Of You!" Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 07, 12:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess no one believes it jsalemi Wink

Bailey, just put the DMA file in your download folder.  It will appear in your catalog under miscellaneous as a red burglar alarm.  Click on it, the options are pretty self-explanatory.  The nice thing about that hack, is you don't need to actually use other hacks to take control of NPC's.  You just click on the DMA hack, click on change appearance (for example) and click on the NPC that you want to change.  The NPC must be on the lot, to appear on the list.

A good place to use this is in one of your home business.  You makeover all your customers.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 07, 12:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I admit not backing up was a bad idea. It was an extremely bad idea. And I probably deserve every bit of assholery you guys can throw at me.

I also admit that I am new to SimPE. I'm trying to learn how to use it properly so I don't always have to request things of other people. Trial and error is how I learn best, which is slightly unfortunate. D:

And Theo, thank you for adding your advice. When I get home I'll be sure to try that.
One trick you can do to potentially wire your neighborhood back together in such a case is to restore the missing files from backup. The actual sim character packages do not change much at all, so restoring them from backup tends to mostly repair them. Of course, this procedure is experimental and you could just fuck it up more, but I guess that's not really possible at this point. Naturally, it's probably too late. It's best to seek advice for this sort of thing in a more real-time response environment unless you want to wait a few days for all the verdicts to be rendered.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 07, 12:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I ask questions several days before I intend to perform any such procedures.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 March 07, 17:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov at MTS2 has a hacked clothing rack that allows you to teleport any townie or NPC to the lot, give it a makeover, change its clothes, and give it plastic surgery. The only problem is that the clothing rack already costs something like §500, and your playable sims *still* have to pay for the townies' new outfits. Certain NPCs, like the mail-carrier, paper-deliverer, and restaurant staff are not worth reclothing, because they revert to their default uniforms as soon as they go to work, but you can still give them new faces and hair. I don't normally use money cheats, but it was worth a few kachings to make over the townies in one of my custom hoods.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
STLBailey
Asinine Airhead

A bee's eye view.......

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 March 07, 18:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that hack.  Its called Sims Boutique Clothing Rack.  I tried to download it, but the file was bad.  Winzip would not install the file. 
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 07, 18:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that hack.  Its called Sims Boutique Clothing Rack.  I tried to download it, but the file was bad.  Winzip would not install the file. 
I just downloaded the file then. and opend it with WinRar 3.62, and it extracted to a dir fine.
if need be... i can put the package file here. im not sure if thats allowed though.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 07, 18:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for...
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1531631

You'd better read the whole thing from the beginning, actually.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 07, 22:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why I ask questions several days before I intend to perform any such procedures.

I need to remember this.  Tongue

Pescado: Thanks for the tip- As of this moment I have created a new, cleaned neighborhood and rar'd my old one, so it's no longer even in the game at this point. I'm sure I'll want to make another attempt to revive my poor 'hood eventually, so I'll keep this in mind.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 March 10, 03:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been reading through this thread and I'm considering deleting some of my townies because my neighbourhood is getting a little bloated. I did think about just killing them all off because it was quicker, however I've heard that because this doesn't fully remove them from the game it doesn't really reduce the neighbourhood's size. Is this true?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2007 March 10, 03:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been reading through this thread and I'm considering deleting some of my townies because my neighbourhood is getting a little bloated. I did think about just killing them all off because it was quicker, however I've heard that because this doesn't fully remove them from the game it doesn't really reduce the neighbourhood's size. Is this true?

Yes, this is true. Simply killing off a sim just removes them from your sightline. They are still in your game files, and your neighbourhood files will still be as big as they were before.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 March 10, 04:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great, I've just checked my neighbourhood character file and there are 357 files in there Embarrassed No idea how that many have managed to spawn since I have barely played the neighbourhood yet. I really wish I'd followed one of those tutorials to make a clean neighbourhood now, but it's too late for that so I shall just have to spend ages deleting them all. I think I will try Theo's Sim Deleter tool, after carrying out Pescado's in game steps just to try and make things quicker.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 March 10, 04:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With 357 sims, I would leave it alone. That is not considered a huge number, especially with NL and above, which fixed some of the bugs related to having too many sims. Simply having 357 sims will not make your neighborhood combust, so you can stop worrying about that. If this was your only  reason for wanting to delete them, reconsider it. Give them makeovers instead.

And install all the NORESPAWN hacks that Pescado has, to prevent any more spawnage. Here's a list: notownieregen, nossrespawn, nostrayrespawn, nodormierespawn, and antiredundancy. Check for EP compatibility, of course.

Fail.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 March 10, 05:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, the most recent place I'm seeing nodormierespawn is the OFB folder. Am I just blind? <probably> or does it need updating of some sort?

Unsouper
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2007 March 10, 05:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not in the Seasons folder, but it is in the Director's Cut for Seasons, which must mean it is Seasons compatible.

ETA: Heh, with this post I got my third pair of lips ripped off. Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 March 10, 16:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With 357 sims, I would leave it alone. That is not considered a huge number, especially with NL and above, which fixed some of the bugs related to having too many sims. Simply having 357 sims will not make your neighborhood combust, so you can stop worrying about that. If this was your only  reason for wanting to delete them, reconsider it. Give them makeovers instead.

And install all the NORESPAWN hacks that Pescado has, to prevent any more spawnage. Here's a list: notownieregen, nossrespawn, nostrayrespawn, nodormierespawn, and antiredundancy. Check for EP compatibility, of course.

My main reason for deleting them is that I hate having townies hanging around the place stopping my sims from meeting sims I have made. Then there's all the townies that trail home with my sims from work/school etc. They just really bug me and I want them gone!
Thanks for that list of hacks, I have notownieregen but I'll go install those others as well to keep my sims numbers down.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 March 10, 17:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Killing them would very effectively prevent them from nagging your sims.  Making them over would maybe make you more keen on having your sims interact with them.  Different approaches.

Here is an idea. Maybe you could make them all dowtownies.  The downtownies don't come to the 'hoods.  Maybe that would get them out of your hair?

Also there is a hack to prompt you with a question when one of your simkid wants to bring someone from school. That could be another approach.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 March 10, 18:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm I was considering killing them but the thing is this is a brand new neighbourhood at the moment so there aren't many characters in it. I do tend to play my neighbourhoods a lot (in other words I don't start over in a fresh one very often) and I've had problems before where the number of characters got too high and things started exploding. All in all I think the best thing would be to delete them.
At this point I feel quite bad because you're all giving me all this great advice and waving a big flag saying "don't delete them" and I'm still saying I'm going to delete them. I know that my random questions do make me seem like I don't know what I'm doing and like I'm going to cause a BFBVFS but all will be well Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: