More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 03:37:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Werewolves, Max all Skills LTW and Eggplant Juice
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Werewolves, Max all Skills LTW and Eggplant Juice  (Read 6531 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Werewolves, Max all Skills LTW and Eggplant Juice
« on: 2007 March 05, 06:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday, I played a knowledge sim with LTW to max out all skills. He became a werewolf, and as a result, he got two body points - the very last skill points he needed. Still, the LTW is not fulfilled, nor is the want in his wants panel.

For he has been my first werewolf ever, I wonder if this is normal? Will he lose the additional body points when being cured, so I can get them the "regular" way?

I have to add that my sim got 8 body points by drinking eggplant juice (no money for exercise machines), which could also be the cause. The juice doesn't have any effect on the "gain skill point" want, so perhaps it's not considered as "properly earned" by the game Roll Eyes. Has anyone else experienced this?

Another strange thing (though not important): My knowledge sim has a red memory of becoming a werewolf, though he wanted it  Huh

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Werewolves, Max all Skills LTW and Eggplant Juice
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 05, 07:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever used the 'skill-sucker' vacuum aspiration reward thing?  That does fill the 'gain skill point' want, so give it a try -- if it doesn't do that for you, something else in your game is interfering with the want being fulfilled. (You can not save the lot if you don't want the negative effects of the skill-sucker, though I find it very handy in dorms where my playables can save time by sucking the skills out of dormies that bother them. Smiley )

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 05, 14:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried the 'skill sucker' so far, though it really sounds like fun - I just forget about it all the time Grin.

I don't think that something's interfering. I have exactly the same awesomeware in my game as I had with Pets (updated for Seasons, of course). No other hacks.

But skilling is not the problem - I've just wondered what had screwed up my LTW - the eggplant juice or the gaining body points for transforming into a werewolf.

Anyway - I'm going to use those stupid fruits only if I really need a skill point for a promotion, but never again for a knowledge sim. They want the skills, they work for it. And LOTP games only for the permaplats Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 05, 16:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where do you get skill-sucker hack?
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 05, 17:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a hack, it's an aspiration award. It's called the SimVacc in the game though.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 05, 22:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gaining a body skill point due to werewolf transitions does not satisfy any of the relevant wants. You have to gain the last point normally somehow. You get body skill points for eggplant juice? What *IS* eggplant juice, anyway? I've never heard of such a thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 05, 22:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stick an eggplant into the juice machine and after drinking, your Sim will gain a random skill point.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 05, 22:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that part. I meant what is *REAL* eggplant juice?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 05, 23:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have good quality produce then the serve option will show up.  The juices made from the  best produce also have special qualities.

Eggplant juice: 1 eggplant =randon skill pt.
Lemonade: 4 lemons = Cools sims down
Tomato juice: 3 tomatoes= warms sims up
Orange juice: 4 oranges = Cures colds
OrangeAde: 3 oranges + 1 lemon = random Badge points
Pepper Punch: 1 pepper+ 4 pole beans+ 2 apples= energy boost
Strawberry juice: 6 strawberries = clears furious bits
Strawberry lemonade: 3 lemons+ 2 strawberries = Platinum mood
Veggie Cocktail: 2 tomatoes+ 1 cucumber+ 1 pepper+ 3 polebeans = faster skill-building
Pureed boot = sims freak out
Beauty Cocktail: 2 oranges+ 1cucumber (Love potion)

This list was copied and pasted from here on the site somewhere.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 06, 01:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's called the SimVacc in the game though.
Yes, that's it - I didn't remember what it's called, because I have the German version.

Gaining a body skill point due to werewolf transitions does not satisfy any of the relevant wants. You have to gain the last point normally somehow.
Oh, thank you so much - that is exactly what I wanted to know Smiley

Eggplant juice: 1 eggplant =randon skill pt. - 2 eggplants
Lemonade: 4 lemons = Cools sims down - 6 lemons
Tomato juice: 3 tomatoes= warms sims up - 6 tomatoes
Orange juice: 4 oranges = Cures colds - 6 oranges
OrangeAde: 3 oranges + 1 lemon = random Badge points - 4 oranges + 2 lemons
Pepper Punch: 1 pepper+ 4 pole beans+ 2 apples= energy boost - 2 peppers + 1 polebean + 1 apple
Strawberry juice: 6 strawberries = clears furious bits - 3 strawberries
Strawberry lemonade: 3 lemons+ 2 strawberries = Platinum mood - 2 lemons + 2 strawberries
Veggie Cocktail: 2 tomatoes+ 1 cucumber+ 1 pepper+ 3 polebeans = faster skill-building - 1 tomato + 1 cucumber + 1 pepper + 1 polebean
Pureed boot = sims freak out - right
Beauty Cocktail: 2 oranges+ 1cucumber (Love potion) - 2 oranges + 2 cucumbers
Apple juice: 3 apples = homework is done faster

This list was copied and pasted from here on the site somewhere.

For those who are interested, I have another list - see above. Blue means, I have tried them out and they work. From what I have read on other boards, some people don't get skill points from eggplant juice, so I suppose the fruits have to be of best quality, too (didn't check that, my plants are always "thriving").

Children cannot use the juice machine, so the apple juice has to be served by an older sim (all ingredients x6 to serve). It's supposed to work for students, too. I didn't try either.

I have no idea Cheesy. Or wait - I have an idea, but I don't think *this* would get you skill points Grin

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 06, 06:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing I'd ever seen, nor is it anything I'd ever drink...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 06, 06:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose if you can run a carrot through a juicer there's nothing stopping you running an eggplant through it as well.... blech, sounds nasty

INFP or something
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 06, 08:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eggplant actually do contain a lot of liquid.  So much so that the prep for some recipes involves layering slices between paper towels and setting something heavy on top to press the juice out.

Drinking it sounds disgusting, tough.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 08, 14:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your eggplants donīt have to be thriving (mouthwatering quality). I have only ever had tasty eggplants and always got a skillpoint. For them to be tasty the plant has to be healthy though. Iīve never tried making juice from bland eggplants, so it is possible that you donīt get a skillpoint for juice made with these.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 08, 15:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen the "serve" option before. I have all mouthwatering ingredients and all I ever see is "Make Juice"

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 08, 16:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The serve option has nothing to do with the quality of your products, I believe. It depends only of the amount you have stocked the juicer with.

You should have the option at the latest if you have six times of what is needed for a single glass of juice. Maybe even with two er three times the amount needed for a single glass. There are different reports floating around.

I didnīt count, but I could serve eggplant juice, when the juicer was fully stocked with mostly eggplants. Just try it out. The most you should need are 12 eggplants stocked in the juicer to serve eggplant juice.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 08, 18:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, see, I didn't realize I could put MORE than the amount needed for a single glass in. I was afraid that it would grind it all up or something.

Thanks!

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: