More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:19:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Business and Seasons Help...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Business and Seasons Help...  (Read 10960 times)
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Business and Seasons Help...
« on: 2007 March 04, 13:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found away of making employees tend to, and harvest plants and trees in the new Seasons pack. If you cant, will the gardener do it.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Business and Seasons Help...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 04, 14:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember someone saying something about not wanting the gardener to do it, so I'm guessing yes, though I don't think they harvest it.

Either way, I think that would make a pretty decent business, though I am unsure if it would work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 04, 14:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found away of making employees tend to, and harvest plants and trees in the new Seasons pack. If you cant, will the gardener do it.
This feature is under development as part of BRY/Macrotastics. Employees currently tend, water, and if safe, spray plants and trees. Harvesting has not yet been added and must be performed by the business owner due to the fact that the items go to the harvester's inventory.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 04, 20:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NICE! I DO want.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 05, 05:55:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As do I, since I hired the plant chick to work on one of my lots that has a garden and she has gold badge level.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 05, 11:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one's stopping you from downloading it, and it get shinier every day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 05, 11:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with a plant sim and macro/garden or business/be farmer. She tries desesperatly to eat and complains about being tired and lacking comfort all the time. I also have a problem with plant sims when they try to walk by a lot, the game throws an error as soon as they appear. I don't currently have an error log handy, but I will post one as soon as I have.
I have the latest MATY updates.
Pioupiou
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 05, 12:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm waiting for it to get shinier. I just downloaded bry/macro on saturday. When it's completely shiny, I'll get it. Wink I want to be blinded by its brilliance. Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 05, 12:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with a plant sim and macro/garden or business/be farmer. She tries desesperatly to eat and complains about being tired and lacking comfort all the time. I also have a problem with plant sims when they try to walk by a lot, the game throws an error as soon as they appear. I don't currently have an error log handy, but I will post one as soon as I have.
Update your less whiny. I haven't investigated Plantsims and their behaviors yet, so Macrotastics motive satisfaction is probably not compatible with them.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 05, 12:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a more recent "less whiny" than 27/02/07 19:54 ? That's the one I have and the only one I can find on MATY.
Thanks.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 05, 14:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once upon a time, there were things called question marks.

These question marks were placed at the end of sentences that inquired things.  They reduced workload on all who read the sentences.  They even brought puppies back to life.

That time is today, my friends.
---
Just use the question mark.  It's not that far away from the period key.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 05, 17:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a more recent "less whiny" than 27/02/07 19:54 ? That's the one I have and the only one I can find on MATY.
Thanks.

There's a more recent one in the Seasons sub-directory, posted in the last day or two.

These question marks were placed at the end of sentences that inquired things.  They reduced workload on all who read the sentences.  They even brought puppies back to life.

---

It's the folks who write Spanish's fault - they used up all the questions marks using two per question. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 05, 17:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Them and their Inquisition...
* Lil Brudder shakes head
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 05, 17:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

---
Alas, the question mark requires finger dexterity to hold down the shift key whilst hitting.

For some.. this is too much multitask to handle.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 05, 21:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have any of you found a reasonable way to sell vegetables? My poor sim harvested 100 tomatos and now he is trying to sell them - one by one. The customers are considering LONG times to buy just one stupid tomato.  Who buys just one tomato anyways?
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 06, 05:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pioupiou

Pioupiou, is it all plant sims that cause the error/reset thing when arriving on a lot?  I only have Rose, but she throws the error every single time, and would stay on the pedestrian portal all day if I didn't 'make selectable' on her.  In fact, I'm glad I have debug enabled by default again, because she would just get stuck there and not even throw an error without it.

Is anyone else getting this with Plant Sims walkby?

*Edited because I found the answer in 'You Broke it'.*

Update TJ's Visitor Controller.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 06, 05:49:18 by miramis » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 06, 06:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have any of you found a reasonable way to sell vegetables? My poor sim harvested 100 tomatos and now he is trying to sell them - one by one. The customers are considering LONG times to buy just one stupid tomato.  Who buys just one tomato anyways?

1. Pull them out of the inventory and place them on the ground.
2. Go into Buy mode.
3. Grab each tomato in turn and press Delete.

Viola, the fastest way to sell tomatoes!

INFP or something
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 06, 07:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you go into inventory and highlight the item and click on the delete button (garbage can icon) it accomplishes the same thing (kaching) without having to drag the crap out of the inventory.  Need to test this out tonight. According to the guide (notoriously inaccurate), this is now an option.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
chordin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 06, 08:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you go into inventory and highlight the item and click on the delete button (garbage can icon) it accomplishes the same thing (kaching) without having to drag the crap out of the inventory.  Need to test this out tonight. According to the guide (notoriously inaccurate), this is now an option.

But, that's not fun at all. And then my other playables can't buy them and make juices.
I tried also to sell juice, but that wasn't succesful either. The glass just disappeared when I quitted the action.... Sad
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 07, 13:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you "serve" the juice, can you sell the other 5 glasses?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 07, 13:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you "serve" the juice, can you sell the other 5 glasses?

No, I tried that.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 07, 14:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, will you please please please <more begging, tries to think of something that would actually appeal to JM - I could maim a sim for you or something, but you can do that yourself... but I'll think of something...> please make allowing employees to tend and harvest a standalone as well? I'm doing orchards - like the kinds with hundreds of trees - and really need to be able to hire employees to tend and harvest or it'll never work, but macrostatics just isn't my thing. Is there some reason they have to be together?

Unsouper
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 09, 10:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... no-one has sussed how to run a business selling vegies and fruit?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 10, 03:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sussed out you can't sell the fruit trees? Odd, but hey this is the Sims, why would a garden centre want to sell fruit trees…or the other gardening stuff..grrr

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 10, 03:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM, will you please please please <more begging, tries to think of something that would actually appeal to JM - I could maim a sim for you or something, but you can do that yourself... but I'll think of something...> please make allowing employees to tend and harvest a standalone as well?
Research is being conducted into how this can be done. No solution has presently been found, however, and so at present employees do not harvest. Tending is already implemented.

I'm doing orchards - like the kinds with hundreds of trees - and really need to be able to hire employees to tend and harvest or it'll never work, but macrostatics just isn't my thing. Is there some reason they have to be together?
...yeah, there's a very GOOD reason why they have to be together! Because firstly, all the code is actually performed by Macrotastics, sharing the same code that allows auto-tending without a business. Secondly, employees quickly refuse to work due to low motives without motive-maintenance, which the game is fundamentally incapable of doing, especially in the only-one-hour breaks you can give to employees (no way to tell them to just refresh themselves, or what they even want!) thus rendering employees completely useless. Since all the code handling motive maintenance is already part of Macrotastics, BRY thus hooks to it to tell employees what to do. Otherwise the code involved would have to be cloned and rewritten in an entirely new way, AND YOU WOULDN'T HAVE IT AT ALL RIGHT NOW. Now quit whining, before you lose your lips.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: