More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:52:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Unneeded Coats
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Unneeded Coats  (Read 75556 times)
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: No Unneeded Coats
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 26, 16:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really sure,but seems that this mod call stack when few sims trying to pass through the same door in same time.In this
situation moving of all sims on lot was freezed.I had this few times in dorms with mod installed and after uninstall - all goes ok.
J.M.Maybe you must check it?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 26, 23:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're a brave little sod Alexx, 'must' and 'JM' in the same sentence...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 28, 09:01:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that if a Sim is outside and wearing outerwear, and you issue a skillinate command, the Sim runs indoors and starts skillinating without removing their coat. However, I haven't had anyone get overheated or even have a red thermometer from this action. Does wearing a coat inside have no adverse affects?

It must be really warm on snow days. They play in the snow with their everyday clothes, even though all of their visitors come over dressed in coats. There have only been a few times that they actually put on a coat, and so far there has never been snow on the ground at the time. Would it be more appropriate to check for either low temperature OR snow? The snow check would be only for aesthetics since none of my Sims have actually frozen playing in the snow without their coat on. It just looks better for Sims engaged in a snowball fight to be actually wearing winter clothing.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 28, 10:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that if a Sim is outside and wearing outerwear, and you issue a skillinate command, the Sim runs indoors and starts skillinating without removing their coat. However, I haven't had anyone get overheated or even have a red thermometer from this action. Does wearing a coat inside have no adverse affects?

I think Pescado has said that wearing outerwear has no effect on the Sim's temperature.  It certainly doesn't prevent them from freezing when they're outside in the snow, so I doubt it's contributing to overheating if they wear outerwear indoors.

It just looks better for Sims engaged in a snowball fight to be actually wearing winter clothing.

Agreed!
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 11, 05:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tonight I had a sick Sim autonomously decide to go outside and build a snowman. It was -82 outdoor temperature and she went out without a coat. Within a few seconds, she was blue. A little later that evening, her husband went outside to play with the dog. It was -97 and he didn't put on a coat either, although I managed to get him inside before he turned blue.

Am I missing something? Does this only work if I have a coat rack near the door?

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 11, 18:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the whole temperature thing rather puzzling.  It makes no sense to me that someone outside in a hot-tub in the middle of winter, wearing only swimwear, would overheat, but it seems they do.  Similarly, they can sit in front of a roaring fire in a coat and not get even slightly warm.  And how come the cheerleader can wander around outside for hours in her skimpy dress and never feel the cold?

What is this freezing thing about, anyway?  I had a couple of 3-bolter YA's, the male in everyday wear and the female in a bikini (post hot-tub) keep freezing over & over again, but there didn't seem to be any ill effects.  And the reason the male was in everyday wear was because he'd just come back from class and he wasn't wearing outerwear.  Not sure, but I think it changed to winter while he was off the lot.  At any rate, he didn't change when he arrived back.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 11, 20:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this freezing thing about, anyway?  I had a couple of 3-bolter YA's, the male in everyday wear and the female in a bikini (post hot-tub) keep freezing over & over again, but there didn't seem to be any ill effects. 

Although I've seen several posters saying that nothing bad happens to frozen Sims, my first freezing resulted in near death for a visitor. I had male and female dorms. I was playing the male dorm and one Sim made a booty call. They did it in the outside hot tub. When they exited the tub, there was a fight going on so they immediately started watching the fight. There was a long lag when she froze and turned blue. Next thing I know Grimmy is there. I thought someone died in the fight, but the fight continued and I saw the bikini clad girl curled up on the sidewalk. I had her boyfriend plead with him, but I had to keep canceling out "freeze" in his queue to do so.

That's why I worried when my sick, pregnant (first trimester) Sim went outside to build a snowman without putting on a coat when the temp was so low. Also, I'm using the real sickness mod and I don't know whether freezing has an effect on illness or not.

And is it my imagination, or does freezing mess up a Sim's portrait so that you can never get the same look again after reverting to normal? (using regenerate portrait)
« Last Edit: 2007 June 12, 17:14:12 by magicmoon » Logged

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 12, 01:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Real sickness mod?  What is this?  Does it cause random death?  I like the sound of this.  I could be about to get very excited ...

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 12, 02:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a problem with the portraits fixing themselves back. but I've only had like two sims get cold enough to freeze.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 12, 04:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's very Jelenedra, yes, but anytime a sim has an overlay change, it will redraw his portrait, changing his pose rather than keeping the old one. And causing lots of lag, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 12, 07:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed their streakers wearing coats? I recently saw some random sim at uni running around waving his hands in the air - it took me a few minutes to realise he ought to be nekkid.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 12, 17:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my streakers have been nekkid, but then I didn't notice them until they came inside...

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 June 12, 17:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding my earlier post about Sims going outside in freezing weather without coats, I pulled this mod from my game and it just got weirder. Sims are putting on coats more often, but still not making sense. Dad goes outside autonomously and puts on a coat. The toddler decides to go outside to play with the dog and doesn't put one on, and these events were almost simultaneous so the temp would have been the same.  Sometimes they are going out in -92 weather without coats, and other times they are going out in -4 with coats.

The only recent mod I've added is dailygardener and I don't see how that would mess me up. I'll have to do a binary search, although that could take awhile since I'll have to wait long enough on each reload to get a sense of their behavior. So, let me ask, do Sims behave the same (regarding coat wearing) whether they do it autonomously or are directed to do something? In other words, if one Sim autonomously builds a snowman and (does or doesn't wear a coat), will a Sim directed to build a snowman make the same coat decision?

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 June 12, 17:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think toddlers are able to change their clothes on their own.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 June 12, 17:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes sense, since they don't have a spin animation for changing clothes... They have to get tossed in the air like babies.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 June 13, 22:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI: Seasons patch #2 doesn't fix coat usage, despite what it says. Surprise surprise. Simmies are wearing coats when needed properly outside, but do not always change when they come inside. Pre-patch, if they went through a second indoor door, they'd change out. Now, no dice.

My dorm is looking quite silly with half the kids in coats and half in swimsuits. May have to add this mod afterall.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 June 13, 23:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think toddlers are able to change their clothes on their own.

I had a toddler this morning that kept insisting on going outside to play in the snow, and of course didn't have on outerwear since she was doing it autonomously. I kept an eye on her and after spending 6 hours outside in casual dress, snow up to her neck, (she can't walk yet) her temperature guage never moved. In the meantime, her dad was building a snowman, while wearing a coat, and had to go inside to warm up after just a short while.

So I'm wondering if toddlers aren't affected by temperature and the outerwear is just for show?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 June 13, 23:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably one of those baby/toddler death immunities things. I guess that it would mess up the rating of the game if children could die?

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 June 14, 02:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a toddler get a sunburn  Grin 

all he was doing was playing with his rabbit outside in the summer (or maybe spring)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 June 14, 12:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen sunburn. Are there any ill affects?

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 14, 12:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They get all red & splotchy. If they are hot for too long they pass out and can die unless another sim throws water on them.

EDIT: It makes it very difficult to play an extreme legacy challenge in the desert.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 14, 16:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Real sickness mod?  What is this?  Does it cause random death?  I like the sound of this.  I could be about to get very excited ...

Since no one else answered you, yes it does, and you can find it in Peasantry here.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 16, 23:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes no sense. In an earlier post I reported on a toddler outside in the snow in casual clothes for 6 hours with no change in temperature.

I go to another lot and a toddler finds a toy that I had left on the front porch while I was rearranging the furniture. After a short while playing with the toy, her temp was in the blue and I brought her inside.

Although I didn't make an actual temperature comparison between the two lots, I'm assuming that the toddler in the snow was actually in a higher temp range than the other who got cold. But still, if it is cold enough to have snow on the ground, anyone wearing casual clothes while playing in it for 6 hours should have had some type of temperature drop.

Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 29, 14:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to have sims actually change to outerwear when there's actual snow outside. It just looks bad when they flaunter around in the snow with only flipflops on. But hey, maybe thre's nothing anyone can do about it. Although I have a hard time believing Pescado couldn't do anything about it.  Tongue

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 29, 18:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The snow and temperature are actually entirely decoupled from each other. It is entirely possible to have snow, even snow accumulation, during the SUMMER when it's ROASTING HOT. This is actually amazingly funny to do with the weather machine. Personally, I think the weather machine should have only had the option for precipitation, and what you'd actually get would have depended on the temperature. As it stands, I have to change it MANUALLY, as I leave the thing on something most of the time to banish that Accursed Sun.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: