More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:20:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Um? (Seasons fire glitching)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Um? (Seasons fire glitching)  (Read 14985 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Um? (Seasons fire glitching)
« on: 2007 March 03, 08:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so my sim is apparently secretly a pyromaniac. He lit himself on fire... while in the SHOWER. I'm not entirely sure how this happened...

ok, I admit. I thought I paused my game for a moment to go afk, then when I came back it had been running the whole time. I think it was raining, I'm not sure, I was busy trying to fix my sims' needs (because of course they weren't even on power idle, I don't use it much in my game). I sent Briar to take a shower and then he... caught on fire.

Their house had a roof, so I don't think he was hit by lightening...

INFP or something
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Re: Um? (Seasons fire glitching)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 03, 10:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a glitch, if sims get too hot, they can spontaneously combust. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 03, 10:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(because of course they weren't even on power idle, I don't use it much in my game).
Kuronue = suck. And to think you were once considered as a candidate for modship. HERETIC!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 03, 11:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This isn't a glitch, if sims get too hot, they can spontaneously combust. Smiley
That's hysterical.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 03, 12:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to love reading about SHC when I was a kid. I was a believer!

It seems glitchy to me--why would you be able to catch fire in the shower? I know, this is a game with werewolves, etc, but still....

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 03, 12:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before seasons i had a nanny burst into flames in front of the fridge and NOTHING was cooking or had been cooked.  As amusing as it was i still don't know what happened.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 03, 13:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(because of course they weren't even on power idle, I don't use it much in my game).
Kuronue = suck. And to think you were once considered as a candidate for modship. HERETIC!

I wha? hmm, my boyfriend must have been using my computer again because I ALWAYS use power idle...  Grin

INFP or something
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 03, 19:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the first time since I've been playing TS2, I had Sim catch on fire while cooking breakfast.  My kitchen fires have always involved whatever was being cooked.  Not this time.  She was nearly fried to a crisp before the fire dept. came.  Her parents just continued raking leaves.  None of the fire hysteria of the past.  They just ignored her.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 03, 20:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 3 different bed fires.  The beds just burst into flames, or the sims in them do.  The first time it happened, the old couple died, after that I installed sprinklers above all beds so the other 2 times it happened no one died.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 03, 21:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lmao! Sprinkles above beds! They were up for some hot action I assume? Grin
Now seriously with all these complaints about instant fires since seasons I'm starting to get reluctant to play the game. I often forget to save and I'm currently playing myself sim (and my rl friends I simmified)  a lot and I don't wanna have anything bad happening to her! I mean me! :S Uhm... whatever. Nor my simmified rl friends, btw.

Hope there will be a mod for this soon. I personally think that having sims combust is too rediculous! especially since it seems to be out of control.

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 03, 21:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 3 different bed fires.  The beds just burst into flames, or the sims in them do.  The first time it happened, the old couple died, after that I installed sprinklers above all beds so the other 2 times it happened no one died.

Was this post-Seasons? I mean, were they possibly spontaneously combusting from overheating in their own beds?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 04, 14:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a few bugs pertaining to the warmth/cold behaviors in general. A fix is currently in testing to address some of the more bizarre issues and inconsistencies. SHC will be reduced from the current "happens constantly" levels to very exceedingly rare levels. Currently SHC has a 1% chance of occurring per hour, which, as any wargamer can tell you, is a frequency that will happen constantly, sort of like how units can't hit jack shit with a 99% hit chance. Odds this high tend to frequently result in the inexplicable destruction of orbiting fusion-powered starcruisers at the hands of spear-wielding natives.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 04, 16:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a visiting Sim combust in the hot tub (the Aspiration rewards one with the roses floating out of it). I should've let him go - I would have had my fire death. This should be fun, however, since there are constantly guests out in my Sims' hot tubs until the early hours of the morning and there aren't always household members around to put them out. I should have my fire death by the time the fix is ready.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 04, 17:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are sims even catching fire when they're immersed in water? I hate to point out the obvious, but water tends to put fires out instantly, or at least quickly (which is why the sprinklers work). You'd think the game engine would be smart enough to at least figure out that a sim in a hot-tub wouldn't normally catch fire. Electrocution, sure, but fire? Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 04, 17:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard the kitten killer is responsible for the bed fires. It may have been updated since then, but it definitely caused a conflict.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 04, 23:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly has not been updated. There is no InTeen for EP5 yet. Don't use it.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 04, 23:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How are sims even catching fire when they're immersed in water? I hate to point out the obvious, but water tends to put fires out instantly, or at least quickly (which is why the sprinklers work). You'd think the game engine would be smart enough to at least figure out that a sim in a hot-tub wouldn't normally catch fire. Electrocution, sure, but fire? Roll Eyes
I've seen one badly done video of a hottubbing sim catching fire and it appears the fire starts around the sim's arm/head and the edge of the hottub. Like the sim's limb catches first and then proceeds to catch the engine of the hottub on fire.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 05, 04:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's human logic you're using.   Grin  The Prima guide has a list of things that warm up or cool down Sims.  A big way to warm up sims is to have them bath - which is great when it's winter and your sim is about to pass out from the cold.  But when one of my sims got really hot, I sent him into what I assumed would be a cool bath - only to see him get hotter!  Though the guide does seem to say that the heat should max out well below SHC...still...

But one my first house, I had WAY too many storm created fires.  The Guide says that there was only a 10 percent chance of rain in the fall, but I got several storms every day, and they ALL had lightening that started fires (even though I had a weathervane).
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 05, 10:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an amusing happening earlier on. I had 3 visiting sims all in the hot tub and one of them caught on fire. Roll Eyes I have a "don't react to fire" hack installed so they just sat there. The fire department rolled up, put the fire out, left and STILL the 3 sims just stayed sat in there talking.

But I think I'm going to have to remove that hack. I hated it when the sims did the panic dance over fires, but it's even worse with no reaction at all.

It's a shame there isn't some kind of middle ground.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 09, 07:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's human logic you're using.   Grin  The Prima guide has a list of things that warm up or cool down Sims.  A big way to warm up sims is to have them bath - which is great when it's winter and your sim is about to pass out from the cold.  But when one of my sims got really hot, I sent him into what I assumed would be a cool bath - only to see him get hotter!  Though the guide does seem to say that the heat should max out well below SHC...still...
Does the guide say showers can cool them down? I've been using showers after a workout thinking that would cool them...
For the first time since I've been playing TS2, I had Sim catch on fire while cooking breakfast.  My kitchen fires have always involved whatever was being cooked.  Not this time.  She was nearly fried to a crisp before the fire dept. came.  Her parents just continued raking leaves.  None of the fire hysteria of the past.  They just ignored her.
Now that is messed up. I would freak out a lot more over someone spontaneously combusting rather than simply burning an omelet.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 09, 07:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that is messed up. I would freak out a lot more over someone spontaneously combusting rather than simply burning an omelet.

To add insult to injury, I had to delete the damned stove (a Maxis object) to get rid of the burned, smoking pan.  No Sim could do the cleanup, no matter how many times instructed.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 10, 02:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Humm yes I have the hot tub problem too; I think I'm going to just delete them all and spend the money elsewhere.

I suspect that the designers are pyromaniacs; I have a fear of fire and can't find any upgraded hacks for the stove or fireplaces so I have sprinklers and alarms everywhere (sad I know).

I had a palm tree struck by lighting and burst into flame during a storm, a visiting Sim  who was staying the night (so he could be at the birth of first baby) leapt out of bed looked out the window and ran for his life?  Grin The tree went out and seems none the worse for it. I installed one of those lighting conductors and it seems to work, plus I get to watch the lighting hit its pretty cool.

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 12, 17:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 2 sims spontaneously combust after sitting in a hot tub during a wedding party.  I would have loved to let them die but I didn't want the party rating to tank so the bride and groom extinguished the fires.  I am pretty careful about keeping my playable sims out of the hot tub but visiting sims are always bursting into flames.  I actually like having them combust.  They piss me off when they invite themselves to my sim's house and sit in the hot tub until 3 AM.  I realize I could just do away with the hot tubs but SHC is much more entertaining.

I also have a lot of trees getting struck by lightening which is pretty cool to watch.  I learned the first time that the rain will put out the fire about the same time the fire company arrives on the lot.

I have had one sim struck by lightening.  She was pruning the fruit trees during a thunderstorm.  Fortunately it didn't kill her.  I still send my sims out to garden during thunderstorms; I just can't resist the temptation.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 12, 18:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A touch off topic, and I don't know whether it's down to seasons or some hack, but I've had 2 sims autonomously start extinguishing fires. (Also - yes - I uninstalled the Stop Watching Fires hack.)

One was a plant sim who started extinguishing a visiting sim who caught fire in the hot tub, another was a "normal" sim who burned her pankcakes.

I've never seen that happen before!
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 12, 18:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the lightening conductor, and though no humans have been struck by lightening, lots of trees have.  The stupid Prima Guide said that there was only a 10% chance of rain in the fall, but the first Fall I played not only did it rain at least once a day, but there were severe lightening storms that set trees on fire every time it rained.  Majorly annoying.

Because there was so much to do - with the raking and the composting and the planting and the weeding and the watering - I used two cheats a lot; in debugging I used "make sim my contact" (if you do it 5 or 6 times in a row, you can make even a passer-by your best friend without so much as greeting them) and "maxmotives".  Of course, what good is stocking up on produce and fish if no one ever eats?  Anyway...

On one of the daily fireman visits, I made the fireman everyone's best friend.  So once the rain put out the fire, he asked if he should hang out - and I said "yes".  So, since I was Maxmotive-ing, he stuck around for DAYS, with the firetruck sitting out front, lights going, while he played chess with a truant Orlando and racked up over $1000 in tips at the piano.  Finally I just had someone send him back to the fire station.

Ok, *I* found that funny.  Of course, I was home sick all week and heavily medicated...still...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: