More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:06:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Application terminates when trying to package or move lot to lots/houses bin
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Application terminates when trying to package or move lot to lots/houses bin  (Read 3188 times)
auriaux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Application terminates when trying to package or move lot to lots/houses bin
« on: 2007 March 01, 23:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all expansions up to Petz, and have Glamour Life stuff.  I have looked for the answer to this over on the Sims BBS, and also tried a search here to see if anyone else was reporting it before I made an even bigger idiot of myself.

This is the second time I've had this problem.  The first time, I was trying to save an entire family and a large home stuffed with custom junk to file, and had this exact situation.  I never resolved it, and have just left that family sitting in cold storage, pretending they aren't there.  Other than that time, and this one today, I have not tried to package any lot in some years - since before any of the expansions to Sims2.

Today I have been trying to move one particular couple out of my very old Pleasantview neighborhood into a new cleaner one.  I moved them out of the family home and onto a freshly laid empty lot, hoping to minimize custom content issues.

First I tried moving the lot to the lots and houses bin.  The game hung and I had to restart my computer to start over.

Then I tried packaging the lot into a file.  It hung, did the reset loop music error, and crashed the game to desktop.

I disabled all custom content and tried again. Still the same results.  I moved them onto a different empty lot and tried again. Same thing.  It is just the two of them there, no house, no pets, no nothing...

I can move them out of the lot and onto any other lot I like. I can go into their lot and play them with no apparent issues.

Any thoughts at all on what else I might try or what is causing this problem?

All of my game hacks are Mr. Pescado's or TwoJeffs.  I use the Director's Cut and update it regularly.  I have a fair amount of other custom content.  I have not tried actually moving my downloads folder out of range to see if that makes a difference, would it?

Any input would be appreciated, or instruct me if there is other information I could provide that would help with problem solving.

Even some alternate way of shifting the lot from one neighborhood to another would be great.

Thanks,
Laura
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Application terminates when trying to package or move lot to lots/houses bin
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 02, 08:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Binning sims in the lots & houses bin = very, very bad thing. Do not want.

The best way to move sims between neighborhoods is to clone them--use the SimSurgery tool of SimPE to export them. Then re-create them in CAS in your cleaner neighborhood, assigning personality points, turn-ons, etc. to match the Pleasantview originals. Further alterations to DNA and so forth can be made in SimPE.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Application terminates when trying to package or move lot to lots/houses bin
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 02, 12:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Binning Sims = ok.

Moving binned Sims to a subneighbourhood of their original neighbourhood = ok
Moving binned Sims from a subneighbourhood to the main neighbourhood = ok
Moving binned Sims to another neighbourhood than the one they started in = BFBVFS.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 02, 23:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Binning Sims = ok.
This is not necessarily correct. Putting sims back in the *SIM* bin by evicting is OK. Putting them in the LOT bin junks your source neighborhood. If they've ever met anyone not included, moving them into ANOTHER neighborhood junks that neighborhood also.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 03, 07:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can't package a lot, I'd check how much free disk space you have.  If your machine is right up at the limits of memory and diskspace just trying to play the sims, it may simply not be able to spare resources to package the lot up. Hence the crash. Don't forget that the stupid lotpackager program is trying to include a big chunk of your downloads folder in the package plus info about every sim your family ever met.  It could be trying to create a 20MB file.  Were you trying to save the package to disk or upload to the exchange?  Uploading takes ages and you may get a failed message even if the upload has worked.

If you are going to package a lot and put the family in another hood, put them in a brand new hood, clean them up as per Pescado's instructions, then package them again and put that clean package wherever you wanted them.  If you mess up, you aren't damaging anything that matters and you can start over from that first package.

oh yes and Never move an occupied lot into the lotbin  Grin

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
auriaux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 03, 11:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, I was trying to package the lot to a file so I could clean install it into the new neighborhood.

I have been trying to weed out my original Pleasantview neighborhood which is ten generations old and full of families I rarely play any more.  I have some families there I'm very attached to.

Thanks for the advice.

Laura
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: