More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 08:38:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I'm at a loss.. seasons crash on load (solved)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I'm at a loss.. seasons crash on load (solved)  (Read 3457 times)
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
I'm at a loss.. seasons crash on load (solved)
« on: 2007 March 01, 18:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got seasons and haven't even had the chance to play it yet. I installed it and went to play it and it gets about 4/5 of the way through the loading screen and then crashes.

I have no custom content in my game, I'm running on a fresh reinstall (reinstalled from scratch yesterday due to a bug with disappearing uni clothes). I've updated my drivers, using nvidia 8800 gs video card. My system is almost twice as powerful as what they recommend.  I've tried just about everything, reinstalled seasons a couple times, even went so far to run a minimal boot using msconfig to make sure no other apps were screwing up the install process. No such luck.

I'm at a total loss as to what to do aside from reinstalling all expansion packs all over again (god forbid I have to). Anyone else have other suggestions before I cave to that option?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 03, 18:26:06 by JadeInsane » Logged
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
Re: I'm at a loss.. seasons crash on load
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 01, 18:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a different driver. The problem is that there basically isn't a stabe driver for the DX10 cards yet, period. Nvidia was in a rush to get them out and beat ATI, but I think in the end it may hurt them, the drivers are so problematic.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 01, 18:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a different driver. The problem is that there basically isn't a stabe driver for the DX10 cards yet, period. Nvidia was in a rush to get them out and beat ATI, but I think in the end it may hurt them, the drivers are so problematic.

I was using the driver off the cd before I decided to update to new ones today to see if that fixed the problem, so older drivers don't work either. I'm just going to assume this isn't a driver problem and has to be something else since 2 different drivers (stable and unstable) did not work... The drivers off the cd were the only ones I could use for pets, already had the driver issues with that ep...
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 01, 21:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, double posting is baaad. I figured I'd post here since I caved and reinstalled EVERYTHING. (damnit) Now things seem to be working fine, still haven't gotten a chance to actually play the damn game. I ran it in 800x600 windowed no sound mode to test after reinstalling everything and worked fine so tomorrow I shall test 1440x900 and non windowed sound mode. Too tired to try it tonight, especially if it decides to crash again.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 03, 13:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also delete the cigen.package file and see if that improves anything.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 03, 18:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also delete the cigen.package file and see if that improves anything.

That was another thing I tried. I've got it working now, was able to play it for a few hours today. I'm pretty sure the problem ended up being a messed up modularstairs file that I had edited to allow custom stairs. I ended up recreating that file and now the game runs smoothly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: