More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:27:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Creating Puppies and Kittens for Adoption
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creating Puppies and Kittens for Adoption  (Read 14030 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Creating Puppies and Kittens for Adoption
« on: 2007 March 01, 20:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the whole sim world is all about some Seasons right now but I figured I'd try to squeeze in a question regarding Pets here real quick like.

I've got a bit of a predicament regarding adoptable animals in my hood (via the pet adoption agency). I created this hood with the empty templates and nostrayrespawn.

Now the problem I have is there is only 1 adoptable dog and 1 adoptable cat available to select from the pet adoption agency. No puppies, no kittens, and not even any small breed dogs. While it's not a huge problem it does leave me in a bit of a pickle when trying to finally fufill one of those obtain a pet wants. Audrey is just dying for a new puppy and has been rolling this want nearly every sim day for 2 sim weeks. Finally feeling confident enough with having got back into the swing of simming, I'd like to give her what she wants here and try out having some pets around.

So my question is: Has there been discovered a way to create puppies (not adult dogs) and kittens (not adult cats) and send them off to the agency for adoption?

I'm going to try taking out the nostrayrespawn and see if I can't get some more adoptables generated here in a moment but I don't think that's going to do anything for it.

edit to update: Taking out nostrayrespawn did generate a few more adoptables but still no kittens or puppies. All adult animals.  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2007 March 01, 20:19:37 by myskaal » Logged
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Creating Puppies and Kittens for Adoption
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 01, 21:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a few of my sim families breed kittens and puppies, I leave the names male kitten/puppy and felmale kitten/puppy and call up the pet adoption service to pick them up. then when I play other sim families I have plenty to choose from and I breed in the traits I want. adopt, name and enjoy Smiley

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 01, 22:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes... in order to do that, though, I have to have a family in the hood with pets already and then breed them...

I have zero families with pets already and have no desire to give any of my other sims pets just yet let alone go through all the relationship building/breeding rituals that would be needed to get the puppies prepared for adoption. See?

So a couple of things:

I used SaraMK's tutorial to make myself a new P001 template with only the adoptable puppies and kittens as one alternative. I'll attach it if anyone else would like.
Note: This won't generate the puppies and kittens in an already existing pets expanded hood, only a new one.

Secondly, the generation of adoptables through the pet adoption service seems to work like the NPC generation in that if you don't save the game after generation, you can leave the lot and re-enter, call again and get a different set of pets generated to choose from. So if you're persistant enough, you could simply keep trying until you get a set of animals you like.
I tried this 3 times, and all 3 times the files generated at the call were removed after leaving the game without saving. 103 characters to start 103 characters after exit.
I just don't know if I have the patience to keep regenerating until a puppy shows up.  Tongue

edit - added the note about the template.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 01, 22:17:17 by myskaal » Logged
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 01, 22:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah...well...yes if you want to get all technical and cheaty ha ha...good luck with it. But, then you'll miss all the fun of having a weird old cat lady he he

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 02, 02:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I'm sure I'll have one _eventually_. This hood is barely 2 sim weeks old though. Spankin' fresh new started it when I got Pets as a gift after not having played since OFB came out. So I was taking my time getting reacquainted with the game before going nuts with the pets.

In any case, your post did inspire me to add 2 more sims to my hood to run the recently built Twoscado Cram Boarding and Breeding Kennels. heh.  Roll Eyes
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 02, 15:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol, it's really not too tough if you use the cheat to control your pets and make them play together, the relationships go up I think 12 points at a time... I'm sure there is a way to do what you want to do...but I'm too lazy and I love my crazy pet lady... lol

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 02, 15:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just drag the relationship bars, for the animals to mate, I can't be stuffed trying to make pixel animals be friends, in the real world animals do NOT have to have a caring relationship before they woohoo.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 02, 15:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use inSim and the "make pets selectable" boolprop* Then spawn a microwave and "Give Birth Now" Start with two pets, make them both pregnant simultaneously, and yay, instant offspring.

*not actual name

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 03, 13:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you can send off loads of puppies or kittens to the adoption agency?  OOOH, I like that!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 03, 13:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, then you get loads of identical puppies or kittens cluttering up the adoption pool. sigh.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 03, 13:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you adopt one and modify it with the mirror.  Not that I'm willing to install InSim to make it all happen.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 03, 13:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the idea of a puppy and kitten to adopt only clean template for the pets loading, and I would certainly be interested in that myself, since they are the only pets I'd be interested in adopting (and after raising the initial ones, I could breed them to make more).

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 03, 20:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Puppies and Kittens only:  http://www.mediafire.com/?2ymzamjvnmy

Smiley
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 04, 02:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't the Pets patch fix this problem?  I know it didn't say so on the list, but my Pets Adoption Pool doesn't refill after adopting from it, whether it's a kitten or not.  I'd like a mix of adult and younger animals to refill the pet adoption pool, and I'd really like a fix for this Sad

*RenegadeSims
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 04, 02:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what's going on? I thought it had something to do with having had the nostrayregen hack in, didn't realize it was a bug with the adoption pool. Of course, I hadn't adopted any animals out of it to notice if it wasn't refilling after taking animals out.

Interesting, though, because now that you mention it the amount of animals that were generated as available to adopt does seem rather low, eh? 1 large dog, no small dogs and 3 cats. Hm.

Still.. when I take nostrayregen out I do get more added to the pool on the initial call to the service. Will have to do some paying attention to if it refills when I finally do some adopting from it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 04, 14:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No stray regen will suppress the respawning of the adoption pool to a minimal level. It is simply a gross waste of character files to generate dozens and dozens of animals just so you can pick ONE of them, and allowing this nonsense to occur tends to result in massive file bloatage, which the point of norespawns is to prevent. Your choices will thus be somewhat more limited after you deplete any existing pool, and as a side benefit, if the adoption pool runs out, a random stray will be caught and added to the pool instead until those have been collected.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 05, 11:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov over at Mod the Sims as a great puppy/kitten hack.  Your sim clicks on it and it will allow you to choose the parents and if the parent is on the lot,it will give a relationship boost,and if they are not,they only have the memory of them being born.  The Sims will get the wants for a puppy or kitten satisfied,  but not satisfied for obtain a pet.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 05, 11:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just like to be able to have my damn Adoption Pool refill itself, so I don't end up having only a couple of Elder pets left to adopt, when I want my Sim to have a kitten/puppy.  I don't think I'd have need for a No-Stray-Regen thing, because I -want- my Adoption Pool to refresh.  I have Seasons installed, as well as Pets Patch, but have yet to see it fill back up once it starts depleting.  It should be that if I adopt two pets from the pool, two pets get added to take their places.

Not to mention, I shouldn't have to create a male and female breeder pet family and just have them make babies to fill the stupid pool; then, all pets will share the same genetics.  It's ridiculous.  Maybe I suck at searching, but I've yet to find a solution or temp fix.

*RenegadeSims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 05, 12:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the adoption pool refills without norespawns, it will refill with a random age category. Statistically, this means that any puppy/kitten removed has a low chance of being replaced with another one, and therefore the animal shelter will fill up with older animals, sort of like in real life.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 05, 15:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In real life, the shelters "put down" the less-wanted pets.  I've visited my local pound several times (looking for a lost cat, who did eventually return home) and the vast majority of the animals available were under 4 months old.  The only older animals were lost pets with collars but no tags waiting out their 3-day reprieve in case their owners came looking for them... all other older animals get killed upon arrival.   Tongue

RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 06, 01:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When the adoption pool refills without norespawns, it will refill with a random age category. Statistically, this means that any puppy/kitten removed has a low chance of being replaced with another one, and therefore the animal shelter will fill up with older animals, sort of like in real life.

Pescado, my problem is that the pool doesn't refresh/refill at all.  Ever.  I understand that adopting a kitten may not create a new kitten to adopt, but at least if I adopt 5 cats, then 5 more random cats should take their places in the adoption pool?

*RenegadeSims
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 06, 08:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly off topic.  I was playing with a pet shop the other day.   The cats and dogs which are in the display, case are they real characters with associated character files? I'm under the impression they aren't.  And what happens to the pets bought by townies.  Are they in their inventory? (How weird is that).  Does it generate a character file?   Even maxis couldn't be that dumb right? 

And I'm also assuming that pets bought by your characters autonomously will generate a character upon their return home.  I know that JM has a mod that prevents that (the buying that is).

I'm in the same boat you are. I want to get kittens or puppies to satisfy my sim's wants.  I'm not trying the adoption bureau again.  It borked someone's else game, and might have done the same to me, I'll have to check tonight.

So what I want to do is create a sim dog breeder.  He's going to be an ornery old coot living on a derelict farm. His name is Henri Poisson Wink.  I would also like him to be the town dog catcher.  Are there any hack similar to Inge's teleporter that lets you "summon" strays, and make them part of the family ?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 06, 08:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(…)but at least if I adopt 5 cats, then 5 more random cats should take their places in the adoption pool?
No, 1 cat. The pool only refills if empty.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 06, 11:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly off topic.  I was playing with a pet shop the other day.   The cats and dogs which are in the display, case are they real characters with associated character files? I'm under the impression they aren't.  And what happens to the pets bought by townies.  Are they in their inventory? (How weird is that).  Does it generate a character file?   Even maxis couldn't be that dumb right? 

I don't think the character file is generated until the pet is actually named, either at the store or when the sim gets home.  Don't know about the ones bought by townies -- I'll have to keep an eye out for one that buys one in my owned pet shop and then make them selectable later on to see.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 06, 13:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm also assuming that pets bought by your characters autonomously will generate a character upon their return home.  I know that JM has a mod that prevents that (the buying that is).

I'm in the same boat you are. I want to get kittens or puppies to satisfy my sim's wants.  I'm not trying the adoption bureau again.  It borked someone's else game, and might have done the same to me, I'll have to check tonight.

So what I want to do is create a sim dog breeder.  He's going to be an ornery old coot living on a derelict farm. His name is Henri Poisson Wink.  I would also like him to be the town dog catcher.  Are there any hack similar to Inge's teleporter that lets you "summon" strays, and make them part of the family ?

That's what I'm doing with the kennels I made. Catching strays and breeding them out for puppy/kitten wants. Well.. I've onlly had them breed once so far but at least that's the long term plan. The only thing that bothers me about that is the sheer amount of breeding that will need to be done in oder to create an interesting mix of personality traits. I'll need a hood for *pets only* with all the characters being generated...

Ahhh if only there was a Texas Chainsaw mod that made unwanted pets and sims edible with a complete associated file wipe.  Shocked

As for the shrubbery (porter) for pets, I haven't yet found one but if I do I'll definately let you know. I am looking.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: