More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:54:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY  (Read 326787 times)
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY
« Reply #125 on: 2008 March 31, 14:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got my "wonky" lot to work with ctp by changing levels (floors?) while on that lot. I don't know if that will help for you though. I assume you've run the hcdu to verify that it's not conflicting and that you haven't downloaded the seasons version by mistake?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
ghostchoir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2008 April 01, 14:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried changing the levels and that didn't make any difference. Although now my sims' business has a second floor for no apparent reason, haha.

Everything's been checked, and i've deleted and redownloaded the free time one just to make sure. Other hacks that I've downloaded since are working, so it's quite odd. - and again, when I first downloaded it it was the only download at all I had.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: 2008 April 01, 15:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh well. all you can do is play with boolprop enabled & hopefully come up with some sort of error log to post. otherwise, meh. :z

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
ghostchoir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008 April 06, 09:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd. Today it just...worked. I didn't change anything or meddle around as I had pretty much given in on it working, and then out of nowhere it did and continued. Not that I' complaining Cheesy
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008 April 10, 17:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be working just fine for me. However, I did bring an elder couple on vacation with this installed. Both of them went out to the vacation comm lots together from their hotel, and no one else was left behind or anything. So I played with them on comm lots all night and then returned when they were tired. I got the popup telling me how many hours they would be away (that is new from the last version) and then I got to watch all the tourists swim and stink and beat each other up for 12 sim hours, which even on three-times speed was kind of a while.

It made me wonder if this hack could allow itself to be bypassed somehow when everyone on the lot leaves during vacations, anyway - if I remember correctly, that's how the vacation lots work normally? You come back to the hotel around the time you leave the comm lot? I remember it happening on my first vacation anyway, without this hack, when I took a few of them to comm lots and the rest "lost" the time when they'd came back in the morning.
CatOfEvilGenius
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: 2008 May 25, 02:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for this.  OFB was getting way too easy, especially my espresso bars and the florist shop run by plantsims.  Their needs just never went down enough to leave, and meanwhile, back home, time stood still, so they had no pressure to return.  Finally, OFB can be challenging again, yay!  And, of course, dates, community outings, and even mundane grocery shopping now become tests of scheduling.  Yippee!

QUESTION Would it be possible and are you willing to modify the code so that testing cheats pie menus don't appear, but you still get the lot boundary functionality you need?  I just don't want to see all the testing cheats stuff I don't need.  Not a big deal, but would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Also, you may want to mention that userstartup.cheats in in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Config, for those who don't know.

Quote from: Swiftgold
It made me wonder if this hack could allow itself to be bypassed somehow when everyone on the lot leaves during vacations, anyway
I second this.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 25, 02:59:12 by CatOfEvilGenius » Logged

Please spay or neuter your pets --- my Sims2 clothing meshes
labeth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2008 July 16, 02:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see a more recent thread on this, so I'm going to post it here.

I'm having an odd problem with this-- it worked fine for quite a while (this is after installing FT), but recently, my immediately post-college sims, upon buying a house after graduating, are being assigned a random number of hours when they go off lot. For example, a sim goes to a community lot at 6:00, stays there until 10:00, and then, when they get back, the pop-up states that they will be back in 57 hours.

I'd really hate to lose this hack, because honestly, it's probably my favorite, but I'm on my third house this has happened to. Regardless, I thought it might be helpful information. Let me know if I can provide any additional info.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008 July 23, 23:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds pretty alarming. Has anyone else had this problem?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2008 July 25, 12:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a version with no pop-ups, but after I put visitor controller in, they've started to return on n+24 hour instead of n. After I pulled the controller off, this effect lingered for two more visits and then reset back to normal.
MrMugg
Corpulent Cretin

Wanna c a magik trik?

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008 September 05, 23:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has any awesome person tested this with Apartment Life yet?
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2008 September 06, 04:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hackdiff say no so i dont want take the risk, any brave Huh

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008 September 06, 07:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put it in my Apartment Life game (I have all EPs and SPs) and so far it seems to be working alright. I had one Sim whoe lives in an apartment visit a community lot while another one of the same family including a roommate stayed at home. Everything appeared to be working as intended. So far, so good. Further testing will be necessary though.

Black holes suck!
edespino
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2008 September 06, 14:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i run again the hackdiff an get this

C:\Hacks\CBOY_CommunityTime.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7F4EA230 0x203B Functional - Main
    B 0x7F4EA230 0x2076 Main - Community
C:\Hacks\CBOY_CommunityTime_Token.package: clean

some awesome hacks mark something like this and are safe maybe someone more awesome than me can say if is safety, meanwhile i will wait some time to take the risk.

Sorry my english, i speak spanish
djacquelynstew
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008 September 14, 00:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this fabulous can't live without hack in my games as well. All EP's including AL and yes, it works just as it should. And all is well in my sim world. Grin Grin Grin
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008 October 09, 23:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering, I only just came across this hack and I want to give it a try. But I use the time-clock. That basically can either slow down time, or speed it up depending on what you'd like. And I use it to slow down. Because I feel their days are a bit too fast.

Would it then match up to that now hacked time on my home lot?

Thank you!

-C
djacquelynstew
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008 October 26, 02:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I have and use religiously that time clock as well and it (community time projects)still works perfectly fine. although, if you are not taking all persons/pets off the lot then you need to reset the clock to normal run time. but when I take everyone, meaning no sims/pets are left on the lot, I never have to change the time clock to normal and when I return it logs the correct time away. I absolutely love this hack. can't live without it.
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008 October 28, 16:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for answering!

I've noticed that after I return to the home lot I can turn back on the clock and they will just get home in half the time. Cause I always use it at 50%.

So thank you!

-C
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008 October 30, 08:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering, I only just came across this hack and I want to give it a try. But I use the time-clock. That basically can either slow down time, or speed it up depending on what you'd like. And I use it to slow down. Because I feel their days are a bit too fast.

Would it then match up to that now hacked time on my home lot?

Thank you!

-C

Carida where did you get this time-clock hack??? I would like to give it a try.

A Sims Nightmare!
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008 November 11, 08:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works fine with my time control clock. Just got to remember to shut it off before you leave the lot.

And here Gamblor

http://www.simchaotics.com/

That is where you will find the time control clock. Smiley

-C
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2008 November 19, 18:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a wee update for anyone who needs to know, WALK TO nor FLY TO work for me with this Hack in. So I had to pull it out cause I actually do want to fly Wink

But its an awesome hack so I hope to see it updated for AL one day. Smiley

-C
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008 November 20, 19:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have pretty much everything including AL and walk-to works fine for me. I haven't tried fly to, though.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2008 November 30, 15:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Fly to" works for me, actually. But I've experienced some oddities where kids/teens weren't able to "Walk to School" if they missed the bus. They just queue out of the action as soon as I select it.
Carida
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008 December 04, 03:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The helicopter doesn't work at all. Not that you can't use it. You can. You can get in it, go wherever you need to go, and come back. And it won't do what the hack is supposed to do. So basically its like I don't have the hack in at all.

I don't know, for me its probably a combination of hacks. Since I have a good bit of them to make my game more realistic since I lean in that direction. Just another wee update. I had to take it out entirely. I got this horrible jump bug I didn't know what was causing it, so I took that out and a few other things and my game settled itself. Ahh well. I also notice that you cannot take a sim to a community lot while the first one you took out is gone. Which is sad. Sad

But anyway, as I've said, I took it out with all that silliness going on in my game. I do hope its updated for AL.

And I hope this information is of use to someone. Smiley

-C
pepsihamster
Asinine Airhead

Jummy, mhmm!

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008 December 27, 16:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merry Christmas everyone! Smiley

Hmm, I have used this mod with Freetime without problems and was thrilled to hear that it would probably work fine with AL. Now, after installing AL, the green "bottle" has disappeared from all lots and what's even stranger, it is no where to be found in buy mode. Usually it is in misc, misc.  Huh

Can you tell me how this can be? I mean, others have reported it worked fine with AL. I tried downloading a new file and replacing the old one. But nothing...
I truly can't live without this mod  Cry

Edit: Well, I finally went to a community lot knowing I would be "in trouble" with the time when coming back. Or so I thought! It turns out the community timer is still active and everything was fine when coming back home. BUT!! The community timer itself (the green bottle thing) is still missing on all the lots I checked (I have it on all lots) and it's nowhere to be found in the buy catalogue either. So I still can't install it on any new lots I'll be making and also I can't see the list on it, nor keep track of the days passing on the lots I play.
Please, if anybody knows how I can get the timer itself back on my lots, I would be a very happy simmer. Even if it meant having to uninstall it from the whole hood first (allthough I don't know how one go about doing that, when the bottle is missing).
« Last Edit: 2008 December 28, 16:17:11 by pepsihamster » Logged
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2008 December 29, 16:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have AL and Community Time and my Timer is still in the catalog with no problems. I am guessing you downloaded something that replaced the Timer. You can use Clean Installer to see if you have a duplicate or remove part of your downloads until it returns and then add things back slowly.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: