More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:02:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY  (Read 326747 times)
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons TEST ONLY
« Reply #75 on: 2007 September 11, 13:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is anyone going to pick this up? It was such a great idea... I would use it even if it wasenīt perfekt. The time loops back are just so anoing..
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 September 11, 14:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since BV introduces synced time, at least between vacation hotels/homes and lots, I imagine this would require a virtually complete rewrite to work with it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 September 11, 20:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is anyone going to pick this up? It was such a great idea... I would use it even if it wasenīt perfekt. The time loops back are just so anoing..
I second that!

I've been using this hack from the beginning and it's crucial to my way of playing the game.
If anyone would look into it that this hack's made compatible with Bon Voyage, it would be very much appreciated!

There are only a few hacks I consider essential* to the Sims 2, this hack is number one on my list.

* J.M. Pescado's hacks are mere fixes to me. I have the entire director's cut in my game just so the game can be played as should have been intended.

Black holes suck!
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 September 12, 09:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well it was deactivated for university because time is kind of synct there, would it be able to deactivate it for vacations? Just make it work like it was, I donīt even care the litle bugs, if I have to watch some things so that something bad does not happen I will. I would apreciate just any way to make it work again. Running a bussines without it is just no fun.
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2007 September 13, 19:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I miss this one too.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 September 13, 20:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started using this a month or so ago and I loved it.  I wouldn't care if it doesn't sync vacation time just would like it for community lots in the main neighborhood.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 13, 23:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree. If Crammy is MIA and not updating anymore then another writer should take over or someone else try to write his or her own. If I had the skill I would do it hands down. It's the best hack for the #1 announce in Sims history. It's just strange that all the good writers out there don't want to pick up where Crammy left off. Just think of all the credit the guy would get if they took the challenge on creating one and succeeded. They would be loved and worshiped by all simmers in general.

A Sims Nightmare!
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 20, 20:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does not work with BV definetely - as my sim went to another vac lot by walk and got stuck - the game says there should be a driveway or so for this sim to be returned - so I guess this is  caused by this mod.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 20, 21:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe not.

I had this "sim stuck on walked to lot" issue myself - it had nothing to do with this cool hack for - as a precaution - I had removed all hacks before installing BV and as this one does not have the "compatible with BV" sticker I hadn't put it into the game again yet.

There might be some other hack causing this problem - I've had my sims take a taxi ever since 'cause I'm to lazy to hunt down the hack that's actually responsible for the broken "walk to lot" feature.

Black holes suck!
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 23, 12:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cannot agree with you. Cool
As the Walk on lot is a new feature in BV it could not be coded in preBV mod like this one.
Sims could move from one lot to another just in two ways - taxi or own car.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 25, 20:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, actually, I tested the hack with BV installed.

I took a Maxis sim from the bin an put him (with his dog) into an apartment in an attached downtown.
I tried visiting a local comlot and it worked like intended (I had him drive there by car as I took it for granted that walking there wouldn't work). When he left the comlot for home, the home lot appeared, time passed and after some hours he returned. It did not have any effect on vacations: he left for the island (without his dog, of course) and returned two days later but no time had passed on the home lot.

I haven't tried to have him visit a non-local comlot (didn't occur to me this could be different), but I'm going to test that and more during the next days.

I'll report back then...

Black holes suck!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 26, 12:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it remotely possible for you to read the previous 15 or so messages that say it's not working in BV, and with Crammyboy MIA there's no  one who has taken on the task of attempting to update it for BV?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
simofborg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 28, 01:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I think you'll find that sims getting struck walking to lots is a Maxis glitch, at least I saw it reported as such on the resource.
I had it happen with no downloads in my folder and went to check, guess they'll fix it with the patch.
I send my sims by taxi.
I didn't know this hack existed.
I once requested it at insiminator and was told it was impossible only maxis could do it. Stupid me I believed it and didn't look further now I find it exists, but not for BV woo is me.
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 October 06, 22:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually the mod working fine unless using a "walk on" action at all.
Just forget it. As it never be/ P) Undecided
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 December 01, 10:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that in extensive playing it seems do work as before, if one does not use the "walk to"-function.
If you do, the sims never arrive at the comunity lot and you have to leave to the neighbourhood.
Would be nice if anyone could integrade this function, but if noone is willing to, I still prefer to have time sinc :-)

I hope I am not disturbing anyone by posting this, I just though maybe there are people how missed this hack as much as I did and would like to know that it still seems usable.
Melanija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 December 02, 04:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate the update trudy.  As convenient as walking to comm lots might be, I'd much rather have this mod.  Wink
djacquelynstew
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/FT TEST ONLY
« Reply #91 on: 2008 March 10, 00:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG...how I have missed cboys community time project. Losing this made me really regret installing Bon Voyage. I do have a question before I attempt to test this. Can you use this and still have bv?  I second what Trudy said "I can do without walk to lot" if needed. I sooooooo want this project back in my game. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Okay, I couldn't resist. I put this in my game on yesterday, played until really late and even early this morning and so far no pronlems. works like a charm. Sent my sim to hobby lot around 11:30, then returned at 2:45  The house lot loaded and time was stamped as 11:30, but pop up appeared telling me somethinbg to the effect of 3h14m wait. Time continued and then at around 2:45 or so the car appeared. no problems, no issues. I love this hack, thanks a million crammyboy. Nice touch with the pop up - I don't recall it in the last (seasons) version).  Ps. I do have bon voyage. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 March 10, 11:20:21 by djacquelynstew » Logged
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 March 11, 08:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome back crammyboy Grin Its good to see you updating  your awesome mods you created. This one by far is my favorite out of all the mods I use so thank you so much for updating your CTP. Makes this game some much better to play with. What have you updated so far in this beta FT version? Will the "Walk to" work in this version? Just would like to know before I test it out.

A Sims Nightmare!
crammyboy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 March 11, 12:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Walk To.." works because it is implemented as an invisible car.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 March 12, 15:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
crammyboy

View Profile
Re: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY
« Reply #95 on: 2008 March 13, 03:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a new version up which gets rid of the Maxian BV lot time (Huge pile of crap) and replaces it with this.

There is a known problem where the time left in the holiday will roll over twice if the sim(s) are away from the hotel/owned lot at midnight. If anyone finds where this is set, please let me know.

Does anyone feel that the time taken for the holiday should run when returning to the home lot?

If you don't have BV this will make no difference.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 13, 12:32:25 by crammyboy » Logged
HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2008 March 13, 13:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone feel that the time taken for the holiday should run when returning to the home lot?

I was actually debating this myself yesterday. On one hand, if it doesn't, it makes the accumulation of work vacation days kind of pointless. But on the other hand, what happens when there are events like age transitions scheduled to take place during that period of time? If the age transition waits until the Sim returns, does he then have extra days until his next transition? Or will the hack make the appropriate adjustments to keep the Sims' ages in sync? If that's possible, that would be great. But if not, it may be better to leave this alone.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2008 March 13, 13:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*farts hearts at crammyboy*

I was just two days ago bemoaning to a friend of mine who just got OFB that he was a lucky bitch because he could enjoy the fruits of your labours & I couldn't due to having Bon Voyage.

I am very much looking forward to putting Free Time on my computer now. Thanks for the update.

ETA: I'd like to see vacation time run on return from the vacation hoods, simply because I don't always have all sims in a household go on a holiday & it'd be nice to play what those sims get up to in the meantime, thankyou very muchly.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 13, 13:25:17 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 March 13, 14:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so glad you updated! This is the best mod eva and I was finding it hard living without it.

I would like to see vacation time run on return, too. I usually only send a few sims on vacation and leave the rest at home.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2008 March 14, 16:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was actually debating this myself yesterday. On one hand, if it doesn't, it makes the accumulation of work vacation days kind of pointless. But on the other hand, what happens when there are events like age transitions scheduled to take place during that period of time? If the age transition waits until the Sim returns, does he then have extra days until his next transition? Or will the hack make the appropriate adjustments to keep the Sims' ages in sync? If that's possible, that would be great. But if not, it may be better to leave this alone.
This would be an extremely bad idea. In fact, as a rule, it's a bad plan to make a sim go missing for longer than 24h. Like Uni-time, BV Vacation Time functions on what is fundamentally a totally different scale.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: