More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 02:29:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Crammyboye Archives (Moderator: crammyboy)
| | |-+  Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons/0.6 FT TEST ONLY  (Read 326039 times)
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Community Time Project v0.4a/v0.5a Pets/Seasons TEST ONLY
« Reply #50 on: 2007 April 29, 14:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick note to say I've had absolutely no problems with this hack so far.

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 18, 03:59:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a bug, I think - or a missing feature... Wink

Had a sim have a date (some townie) on a community lot and had her take her date home without asking the date first - just sending them home in the car. Both got into the car, but only the playable sim actually got home (delayed as supposed to) and the date and the date meter were gone - obviously.

I've had this happen as well, every time my Sim wants to bring his/her date home. Just so you know...it's not just Vren Lyet.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 18, 04:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that problem has anything to do with this hack. That's been happening to me since I got OFB.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 18, 14:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. I never had the problem until this otherwise much beloved hack. I always got to...um...well, finish the date.  Wink

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 18, 15:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm not sure how common a bug that is. I never really cared, I just knew to take a car and not to take the sims home.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 18, 16:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually had that happen to me as well, a few times... I don't remember whether I actually asked the sim to go home or not...  I remember asking peeps in chat once if I could move the date from one comm lot to another, and was told that the date should follow me in the car.  But I definitely recall trying to bring dates home a couple of times and sometimes the date wouldn't come and the meter disappeared, and other times it was fine. Huh

I also vaguely recall, and I could easily be imagining this, that I showed up at home, and only my playable sim got out of the car.  The other sim was already standing on the curb waiting.  I thought that was odd... because it usually takes a while for the lot to load first, the car to show up, and then the sims get out of the car.  Of course, this all may have happened when I wasn't paying attention or something.

Anyhew, I've been wanting to try this out.  Maybe sometime this weekend, if I actually find time to play.  Incidentally... I think it's fine that the Uni time is still out of sync.  In fact, it is probably better that they are out of sync by a few hours.  The last time I played, I had two sims who graduated at about the same time.  And when it was their turn to Age Transition and head home, one of them started, but it seemed like he was interrupted.  I think he Age Transitioned and got the message about the Taxi coming to pick him up.  After that happened, the next one Age Transitioned and he got the message as well, but only the latter sim got into the taxi.  Then I got the dialog about him being the last sim to move out and if I should save or not.  I was afraid of what might happen, since the first sim didn't finish leaving yet.  I wasn't sure if I should save, because what he had been borked and it saves him in this borked intermediate state. Huh But I didn't want to not save, because I stupidly played out those 72plus final hours, without saving in between, and I didn't want to have to replay all that time again. Roll Eyes

Well, I took a risk, crossed my fingers and held my breath as I clicked on Yes to save.  It brought me back to the Uni neighborhood view, but only that latter sim ended up in the sim bin.  I went back to the dorm, and it was still clickable!  I entered, and to my relief, that other sim was still there.  Phew! Cheesy  Anyhew, the first sim to Age Transitioned continued on his merry way, just walking about and doin crap, like nothing changed.  I sped up time for a few sim hours just to see if another Taxi would come, but it didn't.   I eventually gave up and made him move out manually by using the phone.

I am really scared what will happen now in my other dorm lot, that has 12 playable sims on the same semester/year. Tongue

Ste

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 20, 01:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Typically, while they'll go with you from one lot to another, if you want them to follow you home you have to ask -> come home with me or something like that, or they'll drop the other sim off on the way home and the date ends. Not sure if you did that, but that might be the cause of it

INFP or something
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 June 06, 05:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. If they stay on the community lot when they should be at work/school, they will miss the carpool/bus on the home lot and be penalised.

I have a couple of questions:

1) What happens when work or school time rolls up?  If your sims drove there in a car, can your sims drive to work or school while on the comm lot?  Is the option even available?  If not, can this be enabled?

2) If this can't be enabled, then alternatively, would it be possible to have some notification message pop up... maybe at least an hour or two before their work shift?  I'm sure peeps might be annoyed... but I think it would helpful somewhat... so we can at least decide to have our sims go back home (if we can't send them to work or class from the comm lot).  I think I would rather have a nagging notice than have to constantly check or remember when a sim's work shift start.  A notice for school might not really be as necessary, since that's like a set schedule.  But I think a work notice would at least be nice.

3. Community lots can not be saved unless they are owned business lots for that sim family.

Doesn't the game already behave this way?  I thought you couldn't save comm lots unless they were an owned business of the current sim family being played, no?  Is this any different than 'normal' in-game behaviour?

Ste

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 June 06, 19:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well this seems to be working fine in my game and logically, it's how it should happen.  The only thing I don't like is the fact that you have to send them back earlier than you might have done if they have work coming up, wihch means they can't hang around to wait for vampires & so on.  Pity they can't go to work from the community lot and return there, that'd be much better.  I don't have any businesses at the moment, either.  If I had I don't think I could use it, because my method was to send them there for several days on the trot so they got the business up high enough for me to never need to send them back, as it's so B-O-R-I-N-G.  I suppose the business would have to be their only job for that to work.

I shall keep it in, though.  It never did make sense for them to come back at the same time as they left.  I thought Maxis were meant to be bringing something in like this, but presumably they gave up on the idea (one more to add to the list).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 June 06, 19:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I don't like is the fact that you have to send them back earlier than you might have done if they have work coming up, wihch means they can't hang around to wait for vampires & so on.  Pity they can't go to work from the community lot and return there, that'd be much better.

Ok... so you can't go to work?  What if you had your sims drive to the comm lot in their own car?  Can you click on the car and send them to work or school in their own car?  I mean, obviously the car pool and school bus won't show up.  That makes total sense and I wouldn't want that changed.  But, it would be nice if you could send sims to work or school from the comm lot, and have them return to that comm lot.  Same as if you sent a YA to class or their final while on a comm lot.  The comm lot just speeds by on 3 as if you were back at their home/dorm lot.  If it doesn't already work like this, is it too hard to enable?

Ste

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 June 08, 04:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything has been going well with this mod, until tonight. That is, if this error belongs to this mod.

Newlyweds buy a toy store. They, along with their Servo, go to the store in a cab. They stock the store and stay for the first day of sales. Husband and wife sneak off into the back room for a quickie. She gets pregnant with twins. Although they spend the rest of the day there, the pregnancy doesn't progress. (I guess they don't on comm lots).

Time to close the store. Call cab. Everyone gets into the cab. Error pops-up. Reset makes the cab "pull up" again and repeats the error. Cancel does the same. Delete causes the cab and the husband to disappear. Wife and Servo stand on curb.

Call cab. Repeat entire error, reset, cancel, delete. Wife and cab are gone. Servo on curb.

Call cab. Repeat procedure. Delete. Cab and Servo gone. I'm staring at the lot, without Sims on it. No save, go to neighborhood, or quit game available to me. I can't force any errors because I cannot click on anything. Can't use InSim to enable save mode because no Sim around to click on it.

I had to ctl>alt>del to quit the game.

Here is the error. If it doesn't belong to this mod, please let me know. I will attempt to enter the game again now to see if I can find my missing family. I sure hope they are at home.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 June 08, 08:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely crammyoid, although judging from "undefined transition", it looks like a debug hook might have been left uncapped, as at least in MY code, you will never get an undefined transition unless I have left a debug hook still there. Most others are not so tidy about eliminating dangling FFFCs, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 June 09, 17:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family was still on the Comm lot when I reloaded. I had to take this mod out to get them home.

shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 July 14, 19:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something that has annoyed me since the beginning of TS2.  Can I try this if I don't have Pets installed.  I have it, I uninstalled it because I thought it was causing too many problems.  I'll re-install it if I have to.  I have all the other EPs installed but no stuff packs.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 July 15, 01:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something that has annoyed me since the beginning of TS2.  Can I try this if I don't have Pets installed.  I have it, I uninstalled it because I thought it was causing too many problems.  I'll re-install it if I have to.  I have all the other EPs installed but no stuff packs.

If "all other EPs" includes Seasons you'll probably be fine.

INFP or something
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2007 July 15, 15:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A brilliant mod!  Working great so far, no problems.  Even works when messing around with the sethour cheat, which I do quite a bit. 

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 July 28, 14:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs but not Pets installed and it works fine for me.
unicorngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 August 22, 00:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope this doesn't count as necromancy, since I know thats bad.  But since this isn't quite a month old I figured maybe someone who knows more about this than I still reads this.  I only recently found and installed this, after backing up and everything and it works fine.  But before I advance my favorite neighborhood several weeks and realize I am screwed, what happens when/ if I get and install Bon Voyage?  I always take out all hacks for a new expansion install.  But since this says it adds tokens to the saves, I am wondering if i will cause a BFBVFS if I remove this hack after using it extensively?  I know the ACR also uses a token method, but that has a way to remove them if I recall correctly at all, which it says to use before uninstalling? I don't see anything about this having a similar option.

Just wondering if someone much more wis ein the way of codes and hacks than me could tell me what will happen when/ if one takes this hack out to install an expansion pack, and doesn't put it back in?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 September 07, 21:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't try it. They changed too many things in BV. Besides, there is already at least one bug in this program that needs fixing, but Crammyboy is MIA and hasn't been back to fix it. The bug involves stranding some Sims on business lots where they can't get back home unless the mod is removed.

LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 September 08, 02:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hackdiff says this is definitely broken and incompatible in BV. Using it would probably make your game go 'splodie.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 September 09, 03:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to know if there's a "safe" way to get rid of this mod when I get hold of BV, at least until such time that this gets updated for it. In the meantime though, reporting an overall problem-free experience, although when I took a sim out to buy a couple of cats he returned immediately, but all other times I've taken sims out they've stayed away 'til they're meant to come back.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 September 09, 05:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete it?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 September 09, 16:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't this be a problem?

Quote from: crammyboy
1. Make backups of the game BEFORE installing the hack.  Tokens are added to sims with this hack that will be saved in backups.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 September 09, 16:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might cause a reset if you remove it and start the game, but installing BV will cause a reset anyway, so kill two birds with one stone.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 September 09, 16:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, if that's all it is... I haven't even got BV yet, but making plans to Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: