More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:38:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 128804 times)
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #275 on: 2007 March 26, 03:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else noticed that the Hole-y Pots Cascading Waterfall freezes over even when it is indoors in the winter? It freezes whether it is near the outside wall or in the middle of the room. Taking it out of the catelog, it looks normal, like it will run. But when the game is put back in Sim mode, it immediately freezes over.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2007 March 26, 05:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another oddity I noticed today.

My sim was using the cell phone to call a townie he'd met, but only had 0/0 relationship with, to build the friendship up to 100.  It was winter and around -70 outside according to the lot debugger when I checked at the end of the call.  During the phone call the townie's thumbnail changed to indicate he was now blue with cold, with the usual freezing up while the game regenerated the thumbnail.  The next day I noticed the townie's thumbnail had returned to normal.

Any chance of a fix so that game treats off-world sims as being "indoors" in this situation?  I don't mind the townie being frozen with cold, but I don't like the pause in the game when the thumbnail is being regenerated.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: 2007 March 27, 00:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an unusual occurrence in seasons this evening.  It wasn't really a problem, but proved to be mildly amusing.

I had one of Rose's plantsim daughters go to use the wishing well to fulfill a want.  I had her wish for friends.  3 sims popped out of the well; two guys and a girl named Regina something.  What made it so strange was that Regina was already on the lot being cashier for Rose's produce stand.  I checked to see if Cashier Regina was there, and she was.  I had a giggle when Wishing Well Regina went to the produce stand and bought an apple from Cashier Regina.

I have used 'the summoner' from the insim (unawesome, I know) in the past and accidentally summoned a sim who was already there, but I didn't end up with two of that sim on the lot.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2007 March 27, 01:25:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm. I don't think I like that the well is, in effect, "creating" an existing Sim. I wonder what that does to wants, fears, memories -- or worse, I wonder if it actually *creates* an entirely new Sim with the same bod and name. I really don't think that should be happening ....

For every King, there is a Queen ....
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2007 March 27, 07:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wild-ass non-awesome guess time: If the Reginas are NPCs from OFB created to fill employee pools, could they possibly be from two different (sub)hoods? There are other occasions where people are spammed into existence from other hoods (e.g., tempting fate and asking the gypsy for a Blind Date may spam a Uni student into P'ville).

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2007 March 27, 12:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen once, using a bunch of unawesome hacks to get playable employees to pick fruit from hacked trees. One of the employees was also crazy about the family member who sold the fruit from the stand and wandered on the lot to pretend to buy stuff and flirt with her while he was there working too. (There weren't very many sims in the neighborhood either, so the game had a limited number of shoppers to choose.)

I was scared I'd dupe'd him and messed up the hood, but I couldn't find but one character file anywhere. He was a playable so I know he wasn't in the NPC files anywhere or anything (but I looked everywhere and checked the character file numbers - almost blank hood.) So I guess the game can run the code for a sim twice. He didn't get any memory marker things - didn't do anything interesting. I dunno what would happen if he did.

He seemed to avoid meeting himself, which was rather funny.

Unsouper
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: 2007 March 27, 18:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wild-ass non-awesome guess time: If the Reginas are NPCs from OFB created to fill employee pools, could they possibly be from two different (sub)hoods? There are other occasions where people are spammed into existence from other hoods (e.g., tempting fate and asking the gypsy for a Blind Date may spam a Uni student into P'ville).

Are there any sub-hoods associated with Riverblossom?  I haven't created any.  I usually only create a Uni sub-hood, but haven'd done that yet.  I rarely use the sub-hoods because of the tedious loading times associated with sending sims to community lots.  I haven't tried poking around with SIMPE to see if there is more than one character file for Regina.  I suppose I shall have to have a look. I haven't played much in Riverblossom.  I just wanted to experiment to see if I could set up a produce business that would actually be lucrative.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
shelbypark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2007 March 28, 09:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue right now is trying to figure out which of my hacks is keeping my sims from going to work. They will sometimes make it to the car and off the screen, only to pop back up by the house. grrrr.... annoying.

None of my sims will go to work either.  The first time, "go to work" kept dropping out of the queue.  Next time, she got into the car, car drove off and then she appeared in the front yard (which is where she was when the car pool car arrived on the lot). 
So then I got her to drive to work in her car.  The car drove off the lot, then she appeared in the front yard again, minus the car!  I tried to buy another car to drive to work, but I couldn't put a car on the drive (even though it appeared empty).  I had to use the Black batman thingy to reset the lot and the car returned.  Grrr.
The same thing happens in other houses with other sims.  Any one else having this problem?  I only have the MATY  Directors Cut Seasons hacks installed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2007 March 28, 10:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one of Rose's plantsim daughters go to use the wishing well to fulfill a want.  I had her wish for friends.  3 sims popped out of the well; two guys and a girl named Regina something.  What made it so strange was that Regina was already on the lot being cashier for Rose's produce stand.  I checked to see if Cashier Regina was there, and she was.  I had a giggle when Wishing Well Regina went to the produce stand and bought an apple from Cashier Regina.
Having a sim instantiated twice on a lot is a VERY BAD THING which may lead to a BFBVFS if one of them is not deleted immediately. If you are certain you see two of the same sim on a lot, delete the duplicate immediately!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2007 March 28, 11:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah but which one is the duplicate?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2007 March 28, 11:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah but which one is the duplicate?
If you have to ask, they both are.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2007 March 28, 22:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue right now is trying to figure out which of my hacks is keeping my sims from going to work. They will sometimes make it to the car and off the screen, only to pop back up by the house. grrrr.... annoying.

None of my sims will go to work either.  The first time, "go to work" kept dropping out of the queue.  Next time, she got into the car, car drove off and then she appeared in the front yard (which is where she was when the car pool car arrived on the lot). 
So then I got her to drive to work in her car.  The car drove off the lot, then she appeared in the front yard again, minus the car!  I tried to buy another car to drive to work, but I couldn't put a car on the drive (even though it appeared empty).  I had to use the Black batman thingy to reset the lot and the car returned.  Grrr.
The same thing happens in other houses with other sims.  Any one else having this problem?  I only have the MATY  Directors Cut Seasons hacks installed.
   YES.... it was a hack conflict problem.  Check for the new shinier updated Maty director's cut.... pull out all downloads in the meantime.    Heres the url:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/?dir=seasons%2F
« Last Edit: 2007 March 28, 22:38:48 by kewian » Logged

Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: 2007 March 29, 07:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having a sim instantiated twice on a lot is a VERY BAD THING which may lead to a BFBVFS if one of them is not deleted immediately. If you are certain you see two of the same sim on a lot, delete the duplicate immediately!

Thanks for clearing that up for me Pescado.  Next time (assuming there is one) I will act appropriately.  I have already gotten rid of the wishing well.  I wasn't that much impressed with it anywho.  I certainly dont want a BFBVFS.

www.curiousstate.com
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: 2007 March 29, 08:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wishing well is now officially my Favorite Toy for popularity sims, though.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: