More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:05:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 128783 times)
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« on: 2007 March 01, 06:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually played The Sims for at least a month, but I picked up Seasons yesterday.  Just before I got distracted by another game, I had started a new neighborhood with just 1 YA.  I don't think I even got her through her first semester.  So when I installed last night, I deleted the Sims 2 folder from My Documents, having moved Downloads to the desktop first, and let the game recreate all neighborhoods.  I don't have a Pleasantview.  There are 3 neighborhoods in my game now, Riverblossom whatever, Strangetown, and Veronaville.  And of course the option to add a new neighborhood.  Not that it matters really, I've never really been attached to the premade 'hoods, but it did surprise me.

The other odd thing I noticed, I went into the Greenman household to check out the house, and the new buy and build menu options.  The active Sim on entering the lot, was the Green woman, Rose, I think.  One of her starting wants is to be cured of Plantsimism.  If the whole purpose of her being in the game is to introduce this new "creature", why start her with the want to be cured?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 01, 07:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh -- I didn't even know they could be 'cured' -- I thought the plant people were a new species like the aliens.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 01, 07:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Seasons  after backing up my game.I was stunned to discover all my favorite fixes and hacks still work in game. they usually break immediately. the lone exception was with cep as usual that is broken. since Pleasant view is my favorite neighborhood and the  one I play exclusively I didn't want to lose my families so I added seasons rather than starting fresh.SimPe of course doesn't recognize the new Maxis hood.
     So the only apparent updates needed on my Programs are  CEP and Sim Pe. with SimPe it works with all the original neighborhoods and sims just the new hood needs to be added and weather related items and clothing,objects.so that was a pleasant surprise. with Pets SimPe was hopelessly broken. CEP breaks all the time anyway even when it is updated I have issues with flashing "blue" objects    

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 01, 07:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, they're like the vamps. You can cure them by buying a potion off the annoying gypsy woman who's always hanging around.
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 01, 07:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought Seasons yesterday (but they didn't have the guide - so that should be coming by Fedx today from Amazon), installed it and played it with an existing family for about 3 hours.  Now some of that time was buying/building a garden, etc.  But still - I only made it through ONE SIM DAY!

Sim time moves slower in this game.  Like half as fast.  The Sims still move the same speed - but less time ellapses.  I guess it makes sense, since I was wondering how they'd have time to add outdoor family activities to their schedule.  And it's cool that you no longer need a whole hour to get one out of bed, dressed and out the door.  But acquiring skills or teaching animal commands take forever.

Am I just nuts?  Tell me someone else has noticed this.  Or is this a feature of the game that everyone else but me knew about?   Huh
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 01, 07:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed playing this morning - pregnant Sims don't have the option to change into outerwear (clicking on the coat rack does nothing).  I guess they didn't make any pregnant outerwear meshes.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 01, 08:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even know they could be 'cured' -- I thought the plant people were a new species like the aliens.

Nope.  You can turn a Sim into plant person by overspraying your garden.  Gets an instant gold gardening badge.  Then you can call the gardening club and buy the antidote.  Back to normal, but keeps the gold gardening badge.

Plant people can reproduce asexually.  Shake out a seed and bingo, instant toddler who can walk and talk and skips childhood.  Grows directly into an adult.

Of course, I've only read about this stuff having just picked up my copy of EP5 this morning.  It sits in my card car till after work.

Edit: typo fixed
« Last Edit: 2007 March 01, 09:57:08 by ZiggyDoodle » Logged
The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 01, 08:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a problem (well two) where my sims (it's spring time) keep changing into there outer wear everytime they get out the door even when it isn't raining and it's dry outside (No puddles), does anybody else's game do this?   Another thing is my family has a pond on their lot and the can't fish in it even though I see fish in it, it's deep enough and I'm pretty sure it's big enough.  Funny thing in my game is the fish swim above the water and some how swim above the ground at times too.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 01, 09:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought Seasons yesterday (but they didn't have the guide - so that should be coming by Fedx today from Amazon), installed it and played it with an existing family for about 3 hours.  Now some of that time was buying/building a garden, etc.  But still - I only made it through ONE SIM DAY!

Sim time moves slower in this game.  Like half as fast.  The Sims still move the same speed - but less time ellapses.  I guess it makes sense, since I was wondering how they'd have time to add outdoor family activities to their schedule.  And it's cool that you no longer need a whole hour to get one out of bed, dressed and out the door.  But acquiring skills or teaching animal commands take forever.

Am I just nuts?  Tell me someone else has noticed this.  Or is this a feature of the game that everyone else but me knew about?   Huh

What? HUH ?  I played a few hours yesterday and went through approximatly 8 Sims days, 2 Gold Gardening badges, 1 God and 1 Silver fishing badge, and a garden club membership. All played on one lot with 2 elderly Sims.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 01, 09:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone get the garden club to come to the house yet? I had a sim drop by saying he was from the club but I don't get the option on the phone.
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 01, 10:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim time moves slower in this game.  Like half as fast.  The Sims still move the same speed - but less time ellapses. 

What? HUH ?  I played a few hours yesterday and went through approximatly 8 Sims days, 2 Gold Gardening badges, 1 God and 1 Silver fishing badge, and a garden club membership. All played on one lot with 2 elderly Sims.

Well, during that day Dad fertalized, planted and water a new (twelve square) garden in the greenhouse, got a bronze shield, and joined the garden club ALL while Mom (with 10 Charisma) was training a Genius cat to "Come Here" (in only about 2 or 3 Sim Hours)  That includes the Garden Club inspection and report.  The triplet toddlers were upstairs playing with their skillbuilding toys.  Like I said, Sim time was moving VERY slowly.

Anyone get the garden club to come to the house yet? I had a sim drop by saying he was from the club but I don't get the option on the phone.

I thought I saw it under "Call" and "Service".
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 01, 10:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure you don't have the time control clock?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 01, 10:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, something seems to be wrong with babies and toddlers. The babies are almost constantly crying, even when they just have been fed, changed and bathed and put into their crib, they still cry and don't stop until they are cuddled, then start again when they are left alone. Okay, I have to play without most of the baby hacks I'm used to, but I don't remember babies crying without a reason before.

With the toddlers, it seems that they are not getting tired as fast as they should, they have the same sleep rhythm as other sims. They wake up in the morning and can stay awake until late in the evening.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed these or if I should take a second look at the hacks I left in..
withacy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 01, 10:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unless I accidently downloaded it in a lot.  But even if that's the case, why wouldn't this time issue start before I loaded Seasons?  I haven't downloaded anything, placed or entered any new downloaded lots since adding the EP.  I went into two lots that were part of the new neighborhood that comes with Seasons, and into the lot I had been playing before.  And THAT house was one I had created from scratch.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 01, 10:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My time has been normal- in fact, I was so busy keeping my Sims playing with the new things that time kept slipping away on them and I'd suddenly realize it was 4 AM and they had to be at work at 9.  Cheesy

My babies and toddlers are fine too.

I also joined the Garden Club.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 01, 10:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unless I accidently downloaded it in a lot.  But even if that's the case, why wouldn't this time issue start before I loaded Seasons?  I haven't downloaded anything, placed or entered any new downloaded lots since adding the EP.  I went into two lots that were part of the new neighborhood that comes with Seasons, and into the lot I had been playing before.  And THAT house was one I had created from scratch.

I haven't installed seasons yet (I'm about to do it), but if this was true it would be great.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 01, 11:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played since yesterday and have encountered a few annoyances. 1.  Constant showering or bathing.  2. In UNI dorm students only have the choice of clean up or resume cooking when trying to get them to eat even though the food is laid out by the cook same as always. 3.  Toddlers levitating.  4.  Food sparkles (probably due to a food related hack).  5. Random puddles in the house (no pets and it's not raining).  The constant showering/bathing is the most annoying thing.

ETA:  I just realized where the random puddles are coming from - stupid autonomous water balloon throwing!  Embarrassed Angry
« Last Edit: 2007 March 01, 13:07:54 by shadow » Logged
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 01, 11:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The food sparkles are a feature of the EP.  It is supposed to indicate food made with home grown, or home caught food, and have a higher hunger value.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 01, 11:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one isn't a bug, but I thought it was interesting:  I put a roller skating rink in the yard of one of my houses and sent a kid out to skate.  He was out there for hours, but I didn't think anything of it until a message popped up indicating that the kid was getting too hot, and if I didn't cool him down, I might get a visit from the social worker.  So can we gather from this that exercise causes Sims' body temperature to go up?  It was springtime on this lot when it happened, so I wasn't expecting any heat-related problems.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 01, 11:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I bought the e link version of the game, not sure how much difference that makes, but I've been playing quite a bit since yesterday. I have to say it was suprisingly unbuggy for me and I didn't notice any difference in time (not saying there isn't, I just hadn't noticed any).  My issue right now is trying to figure out which of my hacks is keeping my sims from going to work. They will sometimes make it to the car and off the screen, only to pop back up by the house. grrrr.... annoying.
I had a hack to throw community parties, but it doesn't appear to have been updated since before Pets and no longer works.... anyone know of another? My wedding chapel is standing empty!
Also, the nifty clothing tool I had (looks like a folded up shirt and allows you to buy clothes right from home, though it didn't give the proper "buy clothing" want satifaction) needs an update for season to allow for the new outerwear. Does anyone know of a new hack for this? I can't even remember where I found it....

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 01, 11:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the nifty clothing tool I had (looks like a folded up shirt and allows you to buy clothes right from home, though it didn't give the proper "buy clothing" want satifaction) needs an update for season to allow for the new outerwear. Does anyone know of a new hack for this? I can't even remember where I found it....

The clothingtool is Pescado's.  I'm sure he'll have an update out one of these days, just be patient.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 01, 11:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re the Greenman household - I found that the wife wanted to be cured of Plantism but the hubby wanted to become a Plantsim.

Re the skilling - sims learn faster in Autumn so perhaps the other seasons were tweaked to accommodate that.

Re the skating - sims can get too hot from any form of exercise. One of my adult sims had to cool down *in winter* after exercising outside.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 01, 11:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one isn't a bug, but I thought it was interesting:  I put a roller skating rink in the yard of one of my houses and sent a kid out to skate.  He was out there for hours, but I didn't think anything of it until a message popped up indicating that the kid was getting too hot, and if I didn't cool him down, I might get a visit from the social worker.  So can we gather from this that exercise causes Sims' body temperature to go up?  It was springtime on this lot when it happened, so I wasn't expecting any heat-related problems.

Yes, there are lots of activities that either make your Sims hotter or cooler. Luckily they've capped them all (from info in the guide) so that just by doing them, your Sim won't get heatstroke, but apparently not enough to prevent the social worker from coming.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
lizzycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 01, 12:03:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the toddlers, it seems that they are not getting tired as fast as they should, they have the same sleep rhythm as other sims. They wake up in the morning and can stay awake until late in the evening.

That does appear to be true.  My toddler was awake for an entire Sims day, two days in a row.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 01, 12:08:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The clothingtool is Pescado's.  I'm sure he'll have an update out one of these days, just be patient.

cool Smiley I hate leaving my lot to buy clothes.... I'm lazy I guess lol

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: