More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:55:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 129159 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 01, 12:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's computers and DJSims shopping computer both let your sims buy stuff 'online'. Neither has been updated for Seasons yet, though.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 01, 12:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The food sparkles are a feature of the EP.  It is supposed to indicate food made with home grown, or home caught food, and have a higher hunger value.

I don't have either home grown or home caught food and my daughter's food doesn't sparkle on her computer.  Anyway, all my food sparkles and none of hers does.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 01, 12:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one isn't a bug, but I thought it was interesting:  I put a roller skating rink in the yard of one of my houses and sent a kid out to skate.  He was out there for hours, but I didn't think anything of it until a message popped up indicating that the kid was getting too hot, and if I didn't cool him down, I might get a visit from the social worker.  So can we gather from this that exercise causes Sims' body temperature to go up?  It was springtime on this lot when it happened, so I wasn't expecting any heat-related problems.

Yes, there are lots of activities that either make your Sims hotter or cooler. Luckily they've capped them all (from info in the guide) so that just by doing them, your Sim won't get heatstroke, but apparently not enough to prevent the social worker from coming.  Cheesy

NOOO! The social worker shouldn't come because a kid is hot from rollerskating! GAH! They should have left it at true neglect.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 01, 12:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one isn't a bug, but I thought it was interesting:  I put a roller skating rink in the yard of one of my houses and sent a kid out to skate.  He was out there for hours, but I didn't think anything of it until a message popped up indicating that the kid was getting too hot, and if I didn't cool him down, I might get a visit from the social worker.  So can we gather from this that exercise causes Sims' body temperature to go up?  It was springtime on this lot when it happened, so I wasn't expecting any heat-related problems.

Yes, there are lots of activities that either make your Sims hotter or cooler. Luckily they've capped them all (from info in the guide) so that just by doing them, your Sim won't get heatstroke, but apparently not enough to prevent the social worker from coming.  Cheesy

NOOO! The social worker shouldn't come because a kid is hot from rollerskating! GAH! They should have left it at true neglect.

You forget that Sims can die of heatstroke, and they don't let kids die in the game. So to the game, that would be neglect.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 01, 12:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I never knew that. Lately I've been trying not to read too much about an EP before it comes out. I found that with a couple of them, there were no surprises, and that was dull. I did peep at a couple of pictures this time.

But heatstroke is good to know about.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 01, 12:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, something seems to be wrong with babies and toddlers. The babies are almost constantly crying, even when they just have been fed, changed and bathed and put into their crib, they still cry and don't stop until they are cuddled, then start again when they are left alone.

I read about the constantly crying babies issue last night - when they grow into toddlers or made selectable with the testing cheat, their fun bar is completely bottomed out. Playing with them should keep them from whinging the whole time.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 01, 13:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique's computers and DJSims shopping computer both let your sims buy stuff 'online'. Neither has been updated for Seasons yet, though.

I haven't had the computers since I installed pets and there was some conflict with them, I had forgotten about them.... hmmmm I'll have to keep an eye out for the updates...Grrrrrr

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 01, 14:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the Greenman couple have a baby the regular woohoo way. A boy which was nice, but he was the darkest skin tone with red eyebrows. Just like Jenny and Poll Techs third child before they fixed the skin tone issues with NL. Now maybe she was the darkest tone to begin with (pre plantsimism), but it makes me wonder if the DNA is buggy again.
Baby boy is very restless. Good job I play with the sound off and can't hear him  Grin

On the changing to outerwear issue, I found that they only do so for the first couple of days in Spring, then will go outside in their usual clothes. I haven't got through an autumn yet so I don't know when the change back to wearing outer wear, but at least in summer they are not running around in their winter coats  Cheesy
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 01, 14:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shoot. This sucks about the babies. I thought having babies be content in their cribs was a good compromise. I held my little bugs almost constantly, but then Sims can't eat, talk on the phone, etc or do anything while holding a baby!

altered
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 01, 14:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually played The Sims for at least a month, but I picked up Seasons yesterday.  Just before I got distracted by another game, I had started a new neighborhood with just 1 YA.  I don't think I even got her through her first semester.  So when I installed last night, I deleted the Sims 2 folder from My Documents, having moved Downloads to the desktop first, and let the game recreate all neighborhoods.  I don't have a Pleasantview.  There are 3 neighborhoods in my game now, Riverblossom whatever, Strangetown, and Veronaville.  And of course the option to add a new neighborhood.  Not that it matters really, I've never really been attached to the premade 'hoods, but it did surprise me.

That happened to me too, but it was because I used Jordi's Tutorial on how to get a clean new neighborhood, and had left my neighborhood N001 as N001-bak.  Did you use his tutorial prior to getting Season's, to set up your new neighborhood?  If so, I bet if you go into C:>Program Files>EA Games>The Sims 2>TSData>Res>UserData>Neighborhoods, you'll find that your N001 folder is either gone, or you had renamed it to N001-bak.  If you want to get Pleasantview back, then you'll need to rename it back to N001 and then restart the game.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 01, 14:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if they did the baby thing on purpose, so you can't just abandon the baby on the floor except to feed and change it.  Grin Okay, I know, I give them way too much credit.

Anyway, even if you don't like to use cheats much, one maxmotives would solve the problem, if it's just that they start out with fun bottomed out. Then you could proceed as normal, assuming they didn't break something  else that makes babies' fun need decrease faster than normal.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 01, 14:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the Greenman couple have a baby the regular woohoo way. A boy which was nice, but he was the darkest skin tone with red eyebrows. Just like Jenny and Poll Techs third child before they fixed the skin tone issues with NL. Now maybe she was the darkest tone to begin with (pre plantsimism), but it makes me wonder if the DNA is buggy again.
Baby boy is very restless. Good job I play with the sound off and can't hear him  Grin

On the changing to outerwear issue, I found that they only do so for the first couple of days in Spring, then will go outside in their usual clothes. I haven't got through an autumn yet so I don't know when the change back to wearing outer wear, but at least in summer they are not running around in their winter coats  Cheesy

Someone on the bbs cured her and posted a pic, she has darkest skin tone so no worries there.  Dna seems okay, so far...
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 01, 14:34:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good Cheesy One less worry  Grin
Chyld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 01, 15:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody else had owned business lots screwing up? I played a full winter with one sim who owned a business and the season-counter on the business lot didn't stay synchronized with the home lot like other community lots, rather it seems to keep it's own track of seasons...
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 01, 19:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this with their pets but ever since I play seasons my cat begs my sims for hugs, I first noticed the change midwinter and it continued well through spring. When I arrived at summer I had one of them blue screens of dead again so I'll have to play through this period again.
I during the lies and propaganda they mentioned often that with each season there are different types of activities. Maybe the reason toddlers cry for no reason is the same as why my cat is constantly meowing for hugs. She never asked for attention before.

Anyways, geets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 01, 19:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't one of the seasons kind of dedicated to family and friends? 'Cause that might explain the sudden neediness of babies and animals.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 01, 19:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Winter.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 01, 19:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I beleive it goes Spring-Roamnce, Summer-Friends, Fall-Skills/Career, and Winter-Family.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 01, 20:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making out seems to, as well. I was playing with a married sim couple, and I noticed it sent the thermometer into the red. Hehehe.

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 01, 20:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a negative but just wondering, why does McGreggor (single guy) have a barn on his lot that is made for animals with holding spots and everything? Did they plan to include animals in this pack or will this be coming later?
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 01, 21:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a negative but just wondering, why does McGreggor (single guy) have a barn on his lot that is made for animals with holding spots and everything? Did they plan to include animals in this pack or will this be coming later?

I have no idea but I was wondering the purpose of it too. I thought maybe I could chuck all my reward objects/ffs debugger/lot sync timer/macrotastics etc etc stuff in the stalls.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 01, 21:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed a very odd problem with the Ottomas family (from the bin).  The mother Samantha was already pregnant and gave birth to twins.  They're not related to their father.  Their "father" is Patricia Wan (O'Mackey -- she married Gabe), who Samantha has not even met.  Shocked   While amusing, it seems to be a serious glitch, possibly a VBT.

straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 01, 23:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only played it for two days (with all global hacks removed from the Downloads folder) but, so far, so good. The only weird thing is the "Primp" option.  It's missing. (I don't miss it though.)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 02, 01:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the bbs cured her and posted a pic, she has darkest skin tone so no worries there.  Dna seems okay, so far...
I cured her too, just to see.  I didn't save, but she is S4.  The simdna cheat confirms that she carries DNA for dark skin, green eyes, and brown hair.  If you look closely, she still has brown eyebrows as a Plantsim.  You can tell if you do Change Appearance in a mirror, the eyebrows are in the brown bin.  The hair bin is grayed out though.  Sad  She has eyeliner on, and I could put blush on her, but none of the lipstick I tried would show up.  Huh
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 02, 03:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anybody know if babies also have a temperature motive?  They don't seem affected by being carried outside in the snow, but given that you can't dress them, warmly or otherwise, I just wonder if it's possible for babies to get hot or cold (to the point that the social worker would notice).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: