More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:13:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 129272 times)
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #225 on: 2007 March 14, 20:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd thing about Seasons:
  I have now had 2 Dormie deaths due to lightening strikes. I have also had dozens of Dormies struck by lightening while relaxing in the hottub. My game has just gotten a lot more interesting! At least the electro-hair and charred skin is covering up the fugly dormies (for approx. 10 or so Sim hrs).

Only hacks installed: (all updated) phonehack, collegeadjuster, preg. for all genders.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2007 March 14, 20:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the lightning rod actually do anything, or is it just for decoration?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2007 March 14, 21:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the lightning rod actually do anything, or is it just for decoration?

It attracts the lightning most of the time, keeping it from hitting your trees or sims, so yes, it's functional.  Unlike the weather station, which is not...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2007 March 14, 23:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have ponds the same size and depth on both res and comm lots. Seeing them swim still seems to happen almost exclusively on comm lots, though on occasion I do see them jump on res lots.
My video card isn't good enough for shaders. I checked when I put stuff in - yep, no fish in the aquarium, no cute snow-away curser, no fish in the pond (just jumping bubbles). Oh well. Then I went to a community lot - there were fish! Swimming and all!

Ok... at home, still no fish. So I turned on the useshaders cheat (figuring it wouldn't work as my video card can't handle it) and got fish in the aquarium and in the pond at home (a house that came with the game). But still no snow-away. No issues really, but I didn't put it in the startup cheats as there's no need to chance slowing the game down for a few trout and catfish really.

This game is weird. Why would I have fish on the community lot, why does turning the cheat on give me fish if the card really isn't good enough (I guess you don't really *need* that function to see fish?) and how can I get the snow-go curser, which is the part I'd actually like to have? (probably install a new video card == can't)

Unsouper
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2007 March 15, 00:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it after I set all of my graphics to high and restarted. Normally I keep lighting at medium because it never made much difference, but when I changed it to high I had the option next time I started up my game. I turned it off, though. No real use for it unless you are trying to find something buried in the snow.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2007 March 15, 00:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus the snow goes away when you go into Buy/Build mode, so I've used that to find my kids' homework, the newspaper, etc.  That wouldn't work on a Comm lot, though.  Undecided
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2007 March 15, 01:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH NO! They bury their homework in the snow? Why am I surprised by any dumbth that this game has to offer?

Well, that's a good tip. I'll have to switch modes at least once a sim day when there's snow.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2007 March 15, 02:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's amusing to see a kid sitting hip-deep in the snow doing his homework.  In my game Xander Roth would drop his homework at the letterbox, rather than take it to the desk in the main bedroom.  So he got to do his homework in the snow.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
amjoie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2007 March 15, 13:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was making a lot I intended to use as a commercial lot, but was building it first as a residential lot. Before I changed it to commercial, I wanted to play it and find any little glitches. I decided to have the "guinea pig" Sim do some fishing, in order to get trophies to hang in the bathroom.

Once the "guinea pig" Sim caught the jumbo fish, I took the fish out of inventory, and put the fish near the outside wall of the building to make it turn into a trophy, which it did do. I left it there, temporarily. (I intended to put it into the bathroom, once I had all of the trophies I wanted.) Then I went back to Sim mode, and the trophy and fish completely disappeared. It wasn't in inventory. It wasn't on the building's outside wall. It was poofed. Fascinated, I tried it again, with each type of fish. Each time it poofed.

Then it dawned on me that the outside wall of the building I was using to make the trophy was a greenhouse glass panel wall. When I tried to make a trophy on the outside of the building that was not a greehouse wall, it worked (although the trophy moved to wherever it wanted, and I had to hunt for it). So there is something about outside walls that is glitchy for trophies, and something about the glass panel greenhouse walls that poofs trophies.

My "guinea pig" Sim had a gold badge for fishing, and a gazillion jumbo fish to spare, so it made no difference to me how many fish poofed. But if that had been my Sim's first jumbo fish, I would have felt really bad about poofing it.

For every King, there is a Queen ....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2007 March 15, 13:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH NO! They bury their homework in the snow? Why am I surprised by any dumbth that this game has to offer?

Well, that's a good tip. I'll have to switch modes at least once a sim day when there's snow.
Eh, who really cares where it is? Just hit Macro../Do Homework. Search and destroy!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2007 March 15, 14:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok... at home, still no fish. So I turned on the useshaders cheat (figuring it wouldn't work as my video card can't handle it) and got fish in the aquarium and in the pond at home (a house that came with the game). But still no snow-away.

I'm sure you tried this, but there's a toggle in the graphics panel to turn the snow cursor on and off.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2007 March 15, 19:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure you tried this, but there's a toggle in the graphics panel to turn the snow cursor on and off.

That toggle doesn't even show up if your video card doesn't support shaders.

Re the homework buried in snow thing: the snow disappears when you go into build or buy mode, so you can just pick up the homework and put it inside somewhere.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2007 March 15, 19:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something i've just been noticing, and don't recall it being this way previously.  The front doorbell is waking my sims when they are in bed.  I don't think it was like this before seasons.

EDIT:  I just did a search and found squinge has a mod that prevents this, and it has been around for quite sometime. For some reason I'm only noticing now that the doorbell wakes the sims.  But since installing Seasons I find i'm noticing alot of things that I never noticed previously. LOL
« Last Edit: 2007 March 15, 19:41:24 by Kralore » Logged
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2007 March 15, 19:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use JM's doorbell_quieter package, so I had almost forgotten how annoying the door bell is, EA style.  Cheesy
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2007 March 15, 20:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use JM's doorbell_quieter package, so I had almost forgotten how annoying the door bell is, EA style.  Cheesy

Does doorbell_quieter fix this?  The rtfm only says it makes the gypsy less annoying.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2007 March 15, 20:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the only doorbell-related hack I have in the game and someone can ring the bell all day without waking up my sims. So I guess it does fix it...lol
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2007 March 15, 20:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does doorbell_quieter fix this?  The rtfm only says it makes the gypsy less annoying.
RTFM bug. The RTFM seems to have been replaced with the one for antigypsywalkby, only with the title changed.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2007 March 15, 21:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

RTFM bug. The RTFM seems to have been replaced with the one for antigypsywalkby, only with the title changed.

That would explain things LOL.  In any case, after reading through alot of the rtfm's for all the MATY mods available, i've come to the conclusion there is no reason why I shouldn't just dump the whole collection into my mods folder.  I used to run with only about 1/3 of the mods thinking that alot of the others were borderline cheating, but I see now it's really all just game fixes/game improvements.  It also makes updating of the mods much easier. I can just download the full seasons pack and dump it into the mods folder.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2007 March 16, 00:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you reorder lots they will still act like the old season...I changed Riverblossoms first season to spring and all the lots still acted like winter until 2 days before summer...The icons on the lots said spring.

ISFJ
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2007 March 16, 01:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you reorder lots they will still act like the old season...I changed Riverblossoms first season to spring and all the lots still acted like winter until 2 days before summer...The icons on the lots said spring.

It can take quite a bit of time sometimes for the outside temperature to get to what is normal for the season. This is most noticable when forcing from winter to another season.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2007 March 16, 04:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this a bit odd. My two sims were in the expensive hot tub, outside in the middle of winter, chatting away while their tempature skyrocketed upward. I was trying for spontaneous combustion and I thought a little woohoo might speed the process up. Imagine my suprise when the cuddle/ give massage actions made their tempature drop. Anybody else seen this or should I chalk it it up to some weird cc/ hack conflict?
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2007 March 16, 16:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing Seasons, I'm finding it impossible to adopt a stray pet. I've worked it until the sim became 'master' of the dog and still NO option to adopt the pet was available.  Huh  Thinking it could be a hack conflict or something, I generated a whole new Sims 2 folder with nothing added.  Still no option to adopt a stray no matter how high the relationship gets.  Another thing EA managed to bork?
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2007 March 16, 17:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not saying this isn't a bug, but I was able to adopt a stray. A propose option came up on the menu.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2007 March 16, 19:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Normal. This is part of the standard ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2007 March 16, 21:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's definately buggy for me. Went back in to make sure I didn't overlook 'propose' on the menu for some reason.   Daily relationship is 100. Lifetime relationship is 73. The two-pawed-best friends icon is present, but still no 'propose - adopt pet' choice.   Undecided  It was working fine for me before installing Seasons so....  something has gone wonky in my game somewhere.   This has happened on three different lots. One was in the freshly regenerated neighborhood
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: