More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 15:30:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This new furious state
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This new furious state  (Read 41973 times)
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: This new furious state
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 25, 13:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to see the flaming bag of poo left on the doorstep LOL
For that you need to have a horrible date. I got it once so far.

All I ever get is a stinky letter.

Instant gratification takes too long.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 25, 13:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created my kids in-game and let them see exactly how they act. The were slightly disturbed as these characatures of them made messes that drew flies and green stink. Tongue

Cheesy That's too funny!  I've never thought of that - will have to give it a try.  I always tell my kids they're slobs but they just tell me I'm nagging.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 25, 14:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. I personally like this furious state. But there seem to be a few problems, as I observed in my "stick 8 sims on a lot with no needs to worry about except social, and make them all bi" experiment.

Just as a way for me to keep it all straight, the problems are: (in no particular order)

1. Sims get mad at their SO, not the person flirting with the SO. Ideally, a sim should become furious only at the sim initiating the action. That way, a sim will get ticked at anyone who tries to muscle in on their SO, but only get mad at the SO if they start going astray.

2. "Furious" should replace the "knock X points off relationship" jealousy system, since that was really an abstraction of the same phenomena, and the "furious" setting models it better. That would also cut down on the Insta-Enemy incidents, since although being furious unlocks most of the negative social interactions, there would be further to fall.

3. Furious states tend to feed on themselves, because a sim can be furious at someone for beating them up. I'm not sure that this is a good thing, since once they're that ticked off at a sim, all the nasty socials are available anyway, so all you get is a sim who is more or less permanently in a state of newspaper stealage.

4. I like the "furious at someone because they're friends with my enemy" bit, but as Pescado pointed out, it's not exactly universal. Perhaps meaner sims should be less likely to get furious over this, and the threshold should be lowered for Knowledge sims, because unless they're really nice, they just don't care.

5. The family member (and perhaps friend, haven't checked) "furious for cheating on my homie" thing needs to check for engaged/married to another sim. If sim A and sim B are in love, but Sim B is engaged/married to Sim C, family members of sim B shouldn't care if Sim A is dating someone else.

6. Sims are way too possessive about crushes. Seems to me that sims shouldn't ever get furious at a crush for dating someone else, but they should get furious at the person that sim is dating.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 25, 14:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim Jealousy has never made sense.  I just wait for the Romance mod to get updated.  Until then, I just ignore it.    Tongue
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 25, 15:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Sims get mad at their SO, not the person flirting with the SO. Ideally, a sim should become furious only at the sim initiating the action. That way, a sim will get ticked at anyone who tries to muscle in on their SO, but only get mad at the SO if they start going astray.

Yeah, I just had that happen now.  The Cow comes into the Greek House and pushes and grosses out Gregory.  Gregory has a history with the Cow, so he's at -70 / -40 at this point.  Then the Cow flirts with Gregory, which pisses off his girlfriend Tina who is the same room.  Of course Gregory doesn't accept it, he hates the Cow's guts, but Tina slaps Gregory and her relationship with him drops into the negative range, she falls out of love, and she's furious with him.

Now I can either spend time repairing a relationship that should never have been damaged in the first place or I can reload from the last save game.  You can't really ignore Sim jealousy with NPCs like the Cow around.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 25, 18:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the furious state to a degree, but its kind of a pain when you are downtown (or wherever) with two sims on a date trying to get their groove on and people in the club keep fighting and interrupting the actions of your datees. I have a feeling as more and more sims start to hate each other it will be next to impossible to have a good date when they are constantly stopping to watch two sims beat the snot out of each other every few seconds. It would be nice if like the fire mod that once a pair of sims have seen a set of other sims fight they wont be so inclined to rush back over and watch again and again...and again.
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 25, 18:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim influenced one of his lovers to kiss his other lover (who incidentally were both eachother's lovers) and it made him furious at one of them. I wish the jealousy/fury was better implemented.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 25, 19:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This game is just screaming for a shiny new Romance Mod! Until then, my married couples can't flirt with each other in front of their grown children if the spouse isn't the "child's" parent. "I know your mother is Brandi Broke, but that was a fling, I tell you! A fling!"  All the old pre-romance mod complaints are back, it seems. One of my sims attempted to "leap into arms" of a married sim she had an affair with. He rejected her (I adjusted his feelings toward her to be neutral, not love), but the child still was furious with his father, and the relationship went from 100/100 to something ridiculously small. In the single digits.

I like the furious thing in that it makes the game a bit more realistic. People hold grudges in real life, after all. And it was irritating how two sims could be in a knock-down drag-out fight, then immediately want to play "punch you punch me" with each other (presumably re-enacting the actual fight for kicks?).

I'm also getting a little tired of seeing the "furious" expression with the clenched fists at every idle second. That gets old really fast.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 25, 19:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate kids with max neat points all he does is clean all day.
Well I wish my kids where that way.

Can I get an AMEN? (OK, maybe not)

I created my kids in-game and let them see exactly how they act. The were slightly disturbed as these characatures of them made messes that drew flies and green stink. Tongue

I created all my kids too (my entire family actually) and was really amazed at how much they really acted like us.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 26, 01:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the furious state to a degree, but its kind of a pain when you are downtown (or wherever) with two sims on a date trying to get their groove on and people in the club keep fighting and interrupting the actions of your datees.

Yeah, I'm just beginning to see this.  Two townies that I never really interact with were furious on my last date, and my couple kept cancelling their kissing in order to watch.

One of my elder Sims apparently started a vendetta with one of the Nightlife Townies while I was doing stuff with other households.  She's at -100 / -80 with him, and she got this Want:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 26, 01:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the furious thing in that it makes the game a bit more realistic. People hold grudges in real life, after all. And it was irritating how two sims could be in a knock-down drag-out fight, then immediately want to play "punch you punch me" with each other (presumably re-enacting the actual fight for kicks?).

One of my YA's, a Family-oriented sim at that, went to the defense of one of his college friends who was being pulverized by another college townie.  His first reaction was to shove the sim who was beating up on his friend.  In the end, the two ended up in a brawl with my YA winning the match. Grin  I just sat back in my chair and watched the entire scenario develop, laughing and hooting with my kids screaming at me to be quiet!
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 26, 02:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's too funny, Gus!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 September 26, 02:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it maybe funny but getting into a fight at the dropof a hat will not do.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 September 26, 02:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my YA's, a Family-oriented sim at that, went to the defense of one of his college friends who was being pulverized by another college townie.  His first reaction was to shove the sim who was beating up on his friend.  In the end, the two ended up in a brawl with my YA winning the match. Grin  I just sat back in my chair and watched the entire scenario develop, laughing and hooting with my kids screaming at me to be quiet!
I've never seen them rush to someone's aid, is this new in Nightlife?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 September 26, 03:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims has one of those drinking wants too. He wants to drink the headmaster, for reasons quite unknown to me. Somehow, I doubt if he does that his grandaughter will get into private school. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 September 26, 04:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought it was funny how two sims would become enemies, then spring up wants to either drink the other sim or see his ghost. Or both! Talk about revenge!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 September 26, 06:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had that happen tonight, one of my sims and a downtownie got into a feud, ended up furious with each other (they actually hd a brawl which my sim lost Sad) and then my sim rolled up a want to see the annoying downtownie's ghost.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #42 on: 2005 September 26, 09:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen them rush to someone's aid, is this new in Nightlife?

I've enver seen the behavior before NL, but then again I haven't seen nearly as many fights either.  My YA was just finishing up eating and he usually cleans up his plate, but this time he left it there and went right to the action.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 September 26, 11:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In college I end up disabling the lot jealously with the insiminator so there would not be any fights as with this romance thing they end up fall in love all the time.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 September 26, 11:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, definitely need a new Romance Mod.  I'm thinking a new prank mod will be needed as well - didn't somebody have one pre-NL?  Pranks were kind of a pain before, but now that a fist fight breaks out as the result of a water balloon...Sims are just way too sensitive! 
nothingbutsims
« Reply #45 on: 2005 September 26, 13:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are just way too sensitive! 

Bah - wouldn't you want to beat the crap out of some total stranger if they threw a water balloon in your face?  It's reality and it spices up the game. Wink
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 September 26, 14:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims have a sense of humor about water balloons, so far. But flirt with their uncle's best friend's cousin's 2nd wife, and you're in for it!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 26, 15:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah - wouldn't you want to beat the crap out of some total stranger if they threw a water balloon in your face?  It's reality and it spices up the game. Wink
I agree. I must be the minority. I like the furious system, I like the grilled cheese aspiration, and I really don't have any annoyances with the game. Then again, if I had unfaithful sims in my 'hood, I would probably have anoyances.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 September 26, 15:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maxis really just called them water ballons. The same way they called the bong a bubble blower, woo hoo for vanilla and freaky sex, the energizer for crystal meth, etc.

In reality that is a condom filled with warming liquid they are throwing.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #49 on: 2005 September 26, 16:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well maxis really just called them water ballons. The same way they called the bong a bubble blower, woo hoo for vanilla and freaky sex, the energizer for crystal meth, etc.

In reality that is a condom filled with warming liquid they are throwing.

Someone put something in your froot loops this morning, right?  Wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: