More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:15:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This new furious state
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This new furious state  (Read 41707 times)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
This new furious state
« on: 2005 September 25, 02:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all I dont like the new furious thingy as they seem to get into fights more easily and make enemys more easily BAH I hate fights and dont like to have enemys either. Need a mod that stops this?Huh
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: This new furious state
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 25, 02:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the Furious state myself.  I always thought it was a bit boring that if Sims act autonomously, i.e. you leave them alone or have them interacting in the background on community lots, 90% of the time they built relationships until everyone like everyone else.  Maxis may have gone overboard in how easy it is for Sims to make enemies on their own, but it's still something I like.

What I don't like is that if Alfred tries to flirt with Betty, and Betty rejects it but Betty's husband Charlie sees this, Charlie is furious at Betty.  That's just wrong.  So far I've only seen the old autonomous flirts, i.e. the Cow Mascot and the Professors, but people here have said they've seen Sims flirt on their own.

In any case, I can understand how you feel, and if it's possible to remove it, no doubt some modder will do so.  This may not be the right place to ask, though.  Pescado generally doesn't do cuddly mods like that.  A man after my own heart.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 25, 03:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm kind of half and half on it but as time goes on I'm leaning more towards being annoyed by it. I like the idea in principle, but I think they went way overboard with it. Someone joy buzzing someone else really shouldn't lead to multiple fist fights and a huge vendetta.  Tongue

I think part of the problem too is that a lot of those townies are mean as shit.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 25, 03:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I don't like is that if Alfred tries to flirt with Betty, and Betty rejects it but Betty's husband Charlie sees this, Charlie is furious at Betty.  That's just wrong.  So far I've only seen the old autonomous flirts, i.e. the Cow Mascot and the Professors, but people here have said they've seen Sims flirt on their own.
This makes no sense. It will definitely be investigated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 25, 03:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family with 4 kids 2 girls and 2 boys, the older boy is a child with max neat points, he was furious with his younger brother who is a toddler because he was playing in the toilet and he was cleaning the floor.
I don't need the kids to hate each other.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 25, 03:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, now there's something cool. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 25, 03:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, now there's something cool. Tongue
I hate kids with max neat points all he does is clean all day.
Well I wish my kids where that way.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 25, 04:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's awfully annoying, but equally annoying are family members of old lovers getting upset over seeing my sim and her date, after said old lover has married another woman and had children.

Seriously, she woohooed with him back in college and as long as they never explicitly wrecked the "love" state of their relationship (I've never seen one just fade away, it has to be broken), she's supposed to remain faithful to him?  Even after he's married someone else?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 25, 05:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, you may be happy to know the furious sims will much more often walk by and kick over their enemies trash cans. I've also seen them steal someone's newspaper lol. And they'll do these things at all hours of the night. Had a sim walk by to steal her enemies newspaper at just after 2am, then 20 minutes later she kicked over their trash can, then sometime not long after that (between 3 and 4; I wasn't looking at the sidewalk at that point) she came by yet again and kicked it over again.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 25, 05:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to see the flaming bag of poo left on the doorstep LOL

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 25, 05:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't need the kids to hate each other.

Sibling rivalry .. sounds pretty natural to me.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 25, 05:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds far more interesting than the wussy 100/100. Hatred is a natural emotion. Trust in it.  Smiley
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 25, 06:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to see the flaming bag of poo left on the doorstep LOL

For that you need to have a horrible date. I got it once so far.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 25, 06:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the furious state..it makes sims more emotional..more lifelike in a way.  I agree at times it is a little *too* easy and they get pissed at each other for stupid stuff but at the same time it's more interesting than everybody loving each other even after multiple negative interactions.

I am still trying to figure out though what has led to the fact that family members can now hate their sister's/brother's/child's/ect spouse for no apparent reason.

One of my sims moved back in with her father after uni...she invited her fiance over.  Whenever her dad saw them kissing or getting the love bubbles for each other over their heads he glared at them with negative socials over his head.  I checked his relationship panel and sure enough his relationship had declined to negative numbers with both his daughter and son in law to be.  They all live together now and it is quite interesting lol but I don't get the reason why this happened.  Old William has the option to apologize to his daughter but nobody would even know what he is apologizing for heh
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 25, 06:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is a similar coding to the furious state - quite a lot of my sims have started getting -30/-30's to a complete stranger for befriending enemies. In this case it makes no sense...  Roll Eyes
Judecat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 25, 06:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably mad because she was making out with someone he didn't have a friendly relationship with.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 25, 06:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm..becoming enemies for befriending enemies..guess that could make sense.  Sourta like real life in some ways...you don't generally like people who hang out with people you hate..or maybe that's just me lol

But that wouldn't work in this scenerio b/c William had never met his daughter's fiance before.  He and his daughter had a 100/100 relationship before the incident(s) occured. 

Not complaining..just curious.  I like little things like this..keeps gameplay interesting.  Just as long as it doesn't start happening with every family.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 25, 06:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims moved back in with her father after uni...she invited her fiance over.  Whenever her dad saw them kissing or getting the love bubbles for each other over their heads he glared at them with negative socials over his head.  I checked his relationship panel and sure enough his relationship had declined to negative numbers with both his daughter and son in law to be.  They all live together now and it is quite interesting lol but I don't get the reason why this happened.  Old William has the option to apologize to his daughter but nobody would even know what he is apologizing for heh

They've got jealousy programmed into the game.  Maybe the old man is just plain jealous of the to-be son-in-law, which would be a normal reaction of most human fathers about their daughters.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 25, 06:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably mad because she was making out with someone he didn't have a friendly relationship with.

Oh it was an adult-teen relationship, but the thing was that the stranger was a nephew.(?) At least family should have some leeway.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 25, 06:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm..becoming enemies for befriending enemies..guess that could make sense.  Sourta like real life in some ways...you don't generally like people who hang out with people you hate..or maybe that's just me lol
I think that's just you. I find this to be a convenient source of intelligence on my enemies.

bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 25, 08:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i too find nice sims quite boring. furious state seems to be making relationships a lot more challenging and funny, makes me wanna dash out and buy NL right away! but maybe i'll wait longer, at least know bout all the bugs and fixes

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 25, 10:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is too easy for them to get furious it either should be toned down or turned off. As someone said there shouldnt be enemys in the direct family cousions maybe.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 25, 12:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the sound of things, it looks like its way too easy to make too many enemies and maybe way too easy to go on successful dates? I'm hoping that an update of the romancemod will eventually deal with this. Not that I want dates to be super hard or impossibly challenging, but they shouldn't be super easy that you can pretty much get good ones all the time. And on the flip side, although it is more interesting now to have rivals and enemies or whatever, it seems almost ridiculously out of control according to the accounts I've been reading about. People just don't really have that many enemies in real life. Or if they do, they may not even be aware of it, or too aware of it, depending on the case.  Roll Eyes

Anyway, I don't know if this would be possible to mod, but it seems like it needs to be toned down just a tad. Or... maybe the romancemod would hopefully lessen this effect, since some if not most of these conflicts have to do with the attraction system and/or slap happy fests due to the ridiculousness of Sims jealousy. I really miss how that was fixed especially when it came to children and to non officially committed relationships. Just gotta hold out a couple more weeks... Tongue

Ste

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 25, 13:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This makes no sense. It will definitely be investigated.

I can confirm this. I had to try it a few times before I realized what was really happening, but yes, he/she was furious with the wrong person.

Instant gratification takes too long.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 25, 13:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate kids with max neat points all he does is clean all day.
Well I wish my kids where that way.

Can I get an AMEN? (OK, maybe not)

I created my kids in-game and let them see exactly how they act. The were slightly disturbed as these characatures of them made messes that drew flies and green stink. Tongue

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: