More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:39:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193093 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #375 on: 2007 March 23, 13:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lobster has some interesting attributes to it. Firstly, it's STRONGLY advertised as the "best" food...and it ALMOST appears that way, on paper, as I discovered when doing the new Macrotastic food identifier. However, due to a combination of factors, the reality is that lobster fails to deliver on its promosed 150+ FPV and actually delivers only 100-odd, which is quite poor. Macrotastics performs the relevant analysis to find the Truth when choosing a Food. However, DEFAULT food autonomy is basically totally arbitrary and random and makes no attempt to prevent busting.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2007 March 23, 14:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Default food autonomy sucks, Macrotastics FTW!  Smiley
wyntir
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2007 March 23, 21:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing for 2 hours and I desperately need a no autonomous water balloons hack.

Me and you both!!!!  It doesn't matter if the sim is not playful at all or not.  It just doesn't LOOK right when someone in a ballgown or a tux decides that it would be just the PERfect time to whip out a water balloon and wing it at the bride...

<sigh>

Wyn
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: 2007 March 23, 22:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wha....Huh Something's wrong with this?

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Jron
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2007 March 23, 22:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I just say I would love a "Run in out of the rain/storm/hail/" mod? I mean, seriously, you don't just stand around outside in a downpour with lightening striking all around. Shocked
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2007 March 24, 04:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jron, I've been known to run outside to stand in a downpour when a thunderstorm arrives.  I love thunderstorms Smiley

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2007 March 24, 07:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually my best bonk ever was outside in a lightning storm. Then a hot bath after. Lovely. (Well, thinks, it was in the best top ten anyway). Wink

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
simrabbit
« Reply #382 on: 2007 March 25, 02:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize if this has been discussed before.  I looked through the posts and didn't see anything about it. 

I'm waiting for someone to come up with a mod that helps the sims learn to skate faster.  I mean, my goodness, its fun at first watching them fall on their rumps the first hundred times, but after a while you think they would get the hang of it sometime.  Poor things.  One sim said his version of some not nice words (at least that's what it sounded like to me, and probably something i would have said myself after the tenth fall) and left the rink.  I couldn't get him on the rink again.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2007 March 25, 03:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't skating affected by their body skill level?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2007 March 25, 09:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't really gauge at all how long it takes a Sim to learn to skate, since every time I finally get sick enough of that damned ice skating Want to send them to the rink, they do a quick half-lap then wander off to try to pet the screaming cat who's shredding the bench across the lot. Smeesh. Attention deficit much?!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2007 March 25, 11:17:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using macro -> concentrate when I had simkids skating yesterday.  Once they were concentrating I didn't see any ADHD.  They only stopped because I cancelled the action to bring them inside to cool them down.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2007 March 25, 11:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't really gauge at all how long it takes a Sim to learn to skate, since every time I finally get sick enough of that damned ice skating Want to send them to the rink, they do a quick half-lap then wander off to try to pet the screaming cat who's shredding the bench across the lot. Smeesh. Attention deficit much?!
Sounds like you'd benefit from a combination of No ADHD with macro Concentrate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: 2007 March 25, 12:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a bad experience yesterday and I wish there'd be a hack against it. That happened:
A mother served apple juice for the kids so they can do their homework faster. A Servo is with the family. He used a moment when I wasn't watching and he put the plate with the aple juice glasses into the dishwasher! Man I was so upset about this I moved out that pesky robot.
What's also annoying is the fact that a Servo puts away a second cup of Espresso. I often serve Espresso but it's mostly of no use when there's a Servo in the house.

Greetings,
Cyron
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2007 March 25, 12:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A mother served apple juice for the kids so they can do their homework faster. A Servo is with the family. He used a moment when I wasn't watching and he put the plate with the aple juice glasses into the dishwasher! Man I was so upset about this I moved out that pesky robot.
What's also annoying is the fact that a Servo puts away a second cup of Espresso. I often serve Espresso but it's mostly of no use when there's a Servo in the house.
Try "coffeecuphack" and "noservodochores".

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2007 March 25, 12:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of juice. Why is it that sims can put plates after plates of easily perishable dishes with food in their backpocket, and magically keep them fresh? Stuff cars, fish, beds and bars there, but arent able to stuff the remaining juice in the inventory for later use?

Just means that each and every portion of juice has to be drunk fast, or its serve your self only. Annoying.

/edit: Grammar and Periods are my friends... I think.... Tongue Huh Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007 March 25, 14:52:59 by cyperangel » Logged

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2007 March 25, 14:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  Definitely not worth serving apple juice so that a child can do homework faster.  By the time an apple tree has grown 18 apples, the kid is probably ready to go to uni.  I haven't even bothered to make any apple juice, let alone have a teen or older sim serve some for a child.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 2007 March 25, 14:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree.  Definitely not worth serving apple juice so that a child can do homework faster.  By the time an apple tree has grown 18 apples, the kid is probably ready to go to uni.
Technically, that's not really the main concern. You could always just farm the apples in advance. The real issue is that in the time it would take to actually drink the apple juice, you'd have finished the homework anyway. Clearly this is some kind of feelgood snakeoil for people who can't figure out how to get sim-homework done without a hissyfit in the first place. Not for people who know how, or have figured out how to mash "macro.../do homework".

Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2007 March 25, 16:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Served juice remains permanently fresh, I think. I've kept a tray of that boot juice around for some time now. I like how juices fulfill the sims' hunger completely, and doesn't make them gain unnecessary weight.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2007 March 25, 16:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least in my game, the juice stays fresh for a long while, 3 days or more, but, dissapears after those 3 days.
Not as in somebody removes it, cleans it up or whatever, but as in poof, no more juice.

Ive been using APO on my kitchen to prevent sims from eating lobster all the time, and to prevent them from cleaning up perfectly good juice.
And since they cant come in, and i dont have maids hired, and i havent been using the macro / clean, then it must have gone poof.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Jron
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2007 March 25, 19:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I should have been more clear then and said "Normal" people Don't,

Grin   Wink

I was struck by lightening though, so I  have an aversion to my Sims standing out while it flashes around them. lol

Jron, I've been known to run outside to stand in a downpour when a thunderstorm arrives.  I love thunderstorms Smiley

Actually my best bonk ever was outside in a lightning storm. Then a hot bath after. Lovely. (Well, thinks, it was in the best top ten anyway). Wink
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2007 March 25, 20:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was struck by lightening though, so I  have an aversion to my Sims standing out while it flashes around them. lol

What did it feel like? What happened?

vlsullivan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2007 March 25, 20:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want the babies to STOP CRYING all the time. I already went through colic in Real Life. I do NOT want it in a game. One of the Maxoids at the game site says it'll be fixed in a patch, but I want it fixed NOW. Cry

<mumble mumble>
Fed up with hearing kids scream for no reason Huh

It's so bad I can't tell when they're screaming FOR a reason and got a Social Worker warning yesterday Sheesh!

Disgruntled Family Sim
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2007 March 25, 21:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the time being, use the baby controller if you don't already. Plus I've been making my babies selectable and just yanking their bars up manually till this is fixed.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2007 March 25, 21:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I should have been more clear then and said "Normal" people Don't,

I'm quite proud of the fact that I'm not normal Wink  It's a family joke that whenever we want to insult each other my adult kids and I call each other "normal".

The closest I've come was when my house was struck by lightning.  Loudest noise I've ever heard, and the lights flickered off then back on again.  My son was about 3 or 4 at the time, and I'd just put him to bed.  The corner of the house the lightning hit was the one closest to his bedroom.  Throughout his childhood I'd tell him he didn't need to be worried that lightning would hit the house again as "lightning never strikes the same place twice", and that it had already struck our house.  This worked through several moves.

Getting back to topic: many people do enjoy being out in the rain or during storms, so it's not unusual.  Personally, if my sims are skilling outside then I don't want them running inside due to the weather.  A lot of players may want their sims to be outside during a thunderstorm, particularly if it's a knowledge sim with the want to be hit by lightning, or they may want to terrorise a sim of another aspiration with the fear.  A mod that makes sims run inside during a storm would be annoying.

For the time being, use the baby controller if you don't already. Plus I've been making my babies selectable and just yanking their bars up manually till this is fixed.

I've been making the babies selectable and doing the same thing.  The other thing I've been doing is fiddling with the camera angle, so that the nursery is still visible but is the furthest room away.  This way the sound of the baby is quieter, but the baby controller lets me know when the baby really does need attention.  Zooming out helps too.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 25, 22:02:56 by Kyna » Logged

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: 2007 March 25, 21:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also like to see a Pod People mod.  Make it so if a Sim plants crops in red Aspiration, instead of regular plants a pod would grow and hatch an evil clone of the Sim who did the planting, that would then proceed to attack its twin whenever they meet.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: