More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:43:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193008 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #350 on: 2007 March 20, 22:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see - so what will reset the piano? Would be leaving and re-entering the lot enough?
I think Shift-click + "Force Error" should suffice.

I noticed last night that some of my pianos weren't being fun any more.  Force Error didn't work.  I had to buy new.

And pianos were fun in my game again after the patch that was supposed to have fixed it eons ago.  I was just wondering if they had broken it again, myself.  Or if some hack I recently added was causing them to not be fun any more.  But I think the only thing I added before I noticed they weren't fun is lesswhiny.

And I think they were still fun in some of the houses I had played last week, or I would have had to replace them.  So it may just be something about these lots.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2007 March 20, 22:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see - so what will reset the piano? Would be leaving and re-entering the lot enough?
I think Shift-click + "Force Error" should suffice.

I noticed last night that some of my pianos weren't being fun any more.  Force Error didn't work.  I had to buy new.

And pianos were fun in my game again after the patch that was supposed to have fixed it eons ago.  I was just wondering if they had broken it again, myself.  Or if some hack I recently added was causing them to not be fun any more.  But I think the only thing I added before I noticed they weren't fun is lesswhiny.

And I think they were still fun in some of the houses I had played last week, or I would have had to replace them.  So it may just be something about these lots.

You should get JM's pianos fix.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2007 March 21, 04:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

snowyrat,

Squinge has a painting that keeps tract of how many best freinds, money, dates, whoohoos, etc at:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7139

It seems to me that you could just click the painting to get their initial starting amount & then when the are ready to leave check it again & whatever the difference s, is what they actually made.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2007 March 21, 08:21:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose there's anything that could be done about this issue with a hack? I would say "could there be a hack that would turn off the temperature gage completely while a sim is indoors", but since the whole problem here is that these attic spaces aren't considered to be indoors anymore, that wouldn't work. I guess the hack would have to turn off the temperature gage completely.  Undecided
There's actually 3 different things affecting "indoorsness". The first is the TS2-original "room's 0x01", which determines classical "indoorsness", which is what affects vampires. The second two were added during Seasons: room's 0x07, which appears to determine temperature exposure, and a LUA function, which seems to determine whether you get pelted by hail. Attic space "roofing" appears to create a proper "classical" seal, and appears to block the hail, but does not provide the temperature. I guess it's not insulated. The workaround for this involves replacing the "ends" with a standard straight wall.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: 2007 March 21, 13:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's actually 3 different things affecting "indoorsness". The first is the TS2-original "room's 0x01", which determines classical "indoorsness", which is what affects vampires. The second two were added during Seasons: room's 0x07, which appears to determine temperature exposure, and a LUA function, which seems to determine whether you get pelted by hail. Attic space "roofing" appears to create a proper "classical" seal, and appears to block the hail, but does not provide the temperature. I guess it's not insulated. The workaround for this involves replacing the "ends" with a standard straight wall.

Boy, you'd think dealing with what constitutes indoors and what constitutes outdoors would be first priority in an expansion that's all about weather.  Between this and floor tiles not being recognized as a roof, a lot of Sims are going to be hurting when it rains or snows.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2007 March 21, 13:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boy, you'd think dealing with what constitutes indoors and what constitutes outdoors would be first priority in an expansion that's all about weather.  Between this and floor tiles not being recognized as a roof, a lot of Sims are going to be hurting when it rains or snows.  :p
I'm pretty sure floor tiles ARE recognized as a roof, given that I've explicitly exploited this in several buildings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #356 on: 2007 March 21, 13:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure floor tiles ARE recognized as a roof, given that I've explicitly exploited this in several buildings.

Hmm, thought I read somewhere recently (MTS2?) that people were having trouble with rain and snow indoors in buildings with floor-tile roofs.
* AmberDiceless wanders off to look for the thread.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: 2007 March 21, 14:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, here we go.  Apparently some people are getting the problem with floor tiles on an angle only and some are having it even with flat floor-tile roofs:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1601693#post1601693

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2007 March 21, 15:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nodormieregen
 No Friends Needed for Careers
Thank You!

Is it to be found on MATY?

Is there also one that will, like, keep Sims from autonomously performing on pianos?  I hate that.

Not sure which you're asking about, but nodormiregen can be found in Pescado's director's cut, and no friends for careers is by TwoJeffs, found in his forums here.

There are some hacks that Pescado has that reduce (if not eliminate) the autonomous performing -- I think 'nobuskers' is one of them.  All found in his forums or the director's cut.  And Monique over on MTS2 has a hack that stops them from autonomously playing the instruments period if their creativity is already maxed out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2007 March 21, 20:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should get JM's pianos fix.

I was using pianofix before the EA patch that fixed it, but took it out when I found that the patch worked.

So I tried something last night after posting that.  Went into a lot, had a teen start to play the piano, and the fun level started dropping.

Took out lesswhiny, just in case of a conflict somewhere.  No change, fun still dropped.

Took out ALL hacks.  Teen, now reset and standing by the piano, dropped a busker and started performing, which increased the fun level.  Had him quit and practice instead.  Fun level dropped.

Put all hacks back in and added pianofix.  Fun level dropped.

Bought a new piano.

I also had another lot that I just decided to go ahead and replace the piano without even trying to see if it was fun.  I got the "Object can not be deleted with something on it or in it" message, (on a piano?!) so I used moveobjects to get rid of it.  Had the same thing happen in the next house, and I just happened to notice a busker sitting by it.  I've used nobuskers practically since JM first put it up, so I have no idea where it came from.

And in one house where I didn't replace the piano and no one played it, the season didn't change to fall during the 18 or so sim hours I played that lot.  It has in all the others within 6 or 8 hours, so I'm not sure it it's the piano itself that's just plain buggy, or if it's because these are very old lots that may have some corruption creeping in.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2007 March 21, 23:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one of my sims bought the red  barn store and went there in winter and half the store floor was covered in snow.  I would think that the upper floor would prevent the lower floor getting covered but it didn't.  One mod I would like to see is a no penguin sign.  I'm tired of mopping penguin pee and my daughters say that the penguin can steal fish straight out of your inventory.  Even when I shoo them they're back in an hour or so

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2007 March 22, 00:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theo - fish caught on owned lots go into the owner's inventory.

You will have to build an unowned lots for your sims to catch fish on.  Then they should bring it home.

Thinking this over, it's possible the fish you caught just went poof.  Since you weren't playing the owner, they may not have gone into his inventory.  I'm thinking of the way played lots work when you visit them.  They reset each time.  You can buy something, leave, and come back to find the same thing back up for sale.

If you remember, check the owner's inventory next time you play.  It would be very cheat-y exploit-y if we could fill someone's inventory with fish this way.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2007 March 22, 01:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your reply and pardon my manifesto... Cheesy

1) are you using harderjobs?  That removes most of the uni job bonus, so they don't start almost at the top of their career.
Yes, thanks, I am using it. But with really good mood / all motives full (plan well or go to Energizer just before going to job), they will anyway get the promotions practically every single day. Sad I am easily challenged, so I try to go through the career as quickly as possible, but I'd like it to be more impossible due to the practical reasons.
4) Monique's computers over on MTS2 already have a 'bank account' function where you can dump money into individual accounts.
Yes, but the problem is that if you remove the Downloads folder (for patching, upgrading etc), EVEN if you put it back before restarting the game, the Monique's bank accounts get reset. The simple object in inventory would be so much easier - no need to remember to whom the money belongs - it belongs to the one who has the wallet. Every salary/semester bonus etc. cold be put in the wallet of the respective sim, and thus prevent the confusions with splitting the money when the sims graduate in different times or the roommates with different monetary contribution move out to live separately.

Thanks anyway.  Smiley

PC-Sims.com has a "Banking" mini-expansion (all free) that might do what you're looking for. http://www.pc-sims.com/smb/showthread.php?t=5528 Particularly the "bankbook" item. I haven't used any of those items yet, but their army mini-ep amused me. Many many creative hacked objects at this site indeed.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2007 March 22, 01:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, thought I read somewhere recently (MTS2?) that people were having trouble with rain and snow indoors in buildings with floor-tile roofs.
* AmberDiceless wanders off to look for the thread.
I'm having trouble with the Pleasantview condos that have floortile roofs.

I had a fellow get hit by lightning while he was in the bathtub in Don Lothario's place. Then awhile later, I got a warning message telling me that this building has no roofs, and my sims would soon be paying the price.

There were no rain puddles indoors though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2007 March 22, 02:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

one of my sims bought the red  barn store and went there in winter and half the store floor was covered in snow.  I would think that the upper floor would prevent the lower floor getting covered but it didn't.  One mod I would like to see is a no penguin sign.  I'm tired of mopping penguin pee and my daughters say that the penguin can steal fish straight out of your inventory.  Even when I shoo them they're back in an hour or so
I haven't observed any penguin pee. To me, the penguin has been nothing but a cute and harmless critter.

fabricnut
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2007 March 22, 02:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well he pees every time he's on my lot.  The Prima guide says he shows up for snow or fish on the lot and if there's a golden trout anywhere on the lot and if you feed him he'll pee I haven't fed him but he still pees

nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2007 March 22, 06:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using pianofix before the EA patch that fixed it, but took it out when I found that the patch worked.

So I tried something last night after posting that.  Went into a lot, had a teen start to play the piano, and the fun level started dropping.

Took out lesswhiny, just in case of a conflict somewhere.  No change, fun still dropped.
The EA patch did not "work", far as I can tell, given that the main routines which ate the pianos in the first place was unchanged, but removal of the piano hack wouldn't break it immediately: The EA code corrupts the attributes over time.

Put all hacks back in and added pianofix.  Fun level dropped.
Once a piano becomes corrupt, it may not be repairable unless you replace it completely.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2007 March 22, 17:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The penguin should only pee when a sim pets it, and in my game it's been pretty rare even then.  I haven't noticed the penguin stealing fish from the inventory, it does eat fish you put on the ground, and it will try to reach fish on the wall (and always fail), that I know for sure.
Laura Castellano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2007 March 22, 22:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought of something else I'd like to see, and if it's already been mentioned in this thread, I apologize, I just missed it.

I would like to have a "stock all" option when you're stocking the fridge with your produce, so you don't have to click the arrow button 400 individual times.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2007 March 23, 01:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One mod I would like to see is a no penguin sign.  I'm tired of mopping penguin pee and my daughters say that the penguin can steal fish straight out of your inventory.  Even when I shoo them they're back in an hour or so

I would like the opposite - a hack that permits you to call a penguin at any time.  (Actuallly, I'd want a mod that lets you make a pet out of the penguin, but that is probably complicated.)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2007 March 23, 04:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an additional request to my earlier 'children and adults automatically get leftovers from fridge' - customers on owned lots can get leftovers.

It would be a great advantage on several of my pay to stay lots.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2007 March 23, 11:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything involving a dialog cannot be made autonomous, unfortunately, because the dialog would interrupt things.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2007 March 23, 12:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sensible and wholy unsatisfactory answer.

*sigh*

Ah, well - who was it who said "By bringing to llight that which is IMpossible we also give definition to that which IS possible"? - probably somebody who never played The Sims.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2007 March 23, 12:54:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think you've entirely grasped how aggravating it would be if Sims *DID* autonomously get leftovers. Firstly, they'd do it constantly, just like they obsessively make lobster or all the other food-related obsessiveness which makes them eat when not hungry. So they'd constantly do it. In the middle of something, a big obnoxious dialog pops up. Your immediately response is "Hey! No! Quit that!". You X it out. Naturally, the sim decides to do it again, having not found satisfaction with his first attempt. In the sadistic way Maxis has, rather than waiting 15 minutes to decide on doing it again like normal, he does it immediately, before you can tell him to do anything else. The dialog returns. It will drive you nuts. You will complain. I will be like, "I told you so!". Giving a sim the ability to autonomously pause the game is Not A Good Idea.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2007 March 23, 13:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Lobster Thermadore thing is infuriating, why do they do it?  Why can't they just make something to eat that will just fill their hunger level instead of the stupid Lobster.  I've had sims that aren't hungry in the slightest go make it, I cancel it out and they try to do it again.  You're full already you stupid sim, aargh!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: