More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:07:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193020 times)
Sonshine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #300 on: 2007 March 15, 19:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My most wanted hack is one to give our NPC friends (enemies?) some sort of a rational desire to wear outerwear when appropriate. I don't know about you, but my mailman doesn't come trudging through knee-deep snow in a short-sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts.

NPCs are coded to be immune to temperature. They did not come equipped with cold-weather versions of their uniforms, and thus were not able to use outerwear.

Does the same apply to Townies?  For purely aesthetic reasons I find it annoying that they never seem to appear on residential lots wearing any outerwear.

Another mod I've been wanting actually since the EP was announced is changing the sunrise/sunset times. Where I live, it's only light from about 9 am to 3 pm in winter, and in summer the sun doesn't set until 11 pm or so. So I find the darkness of the Sims summer quite depressing. It should be light much longer during summer than during winter.

I have no idea if it can be done or not, but I would love it anyway.

I would really love something like this as well. That was one of the reasons, I was looking forward to seasons. In reality this is kind of the whole reason for there being seasons, isn´t it. So I really hate, that they left that out. And I would love longer summer days simply for gameplay enjoyment.

And I second the request for gardening affecting the fitness level.

I agree! I do gardening irl and it is hard work!

Is variability in day length through the seasons something we can look forward to then?  I hope so regardless of whether the motivation is long days or eternal darkness.

One request I haven't seen mentioned is the possibility of planning a sims wardrobe according to the season.  It would be more realistic to see a sim wearing a t-shirt/shorts as everyday in th esummer and a sweater/jeans in the winter etc.  Is this possible as a mod that would apply to all dressers, or even to one customised one?

I whole heartedly agree w/the outerwear issue. It driving me nuts to see townie coworkers come home w/my sim in the winter w/nothing but a pair of pants and a tank t-shirt on!

I would also love to see a mod to adjust the length of days according to the season and also for sims to wear appropriate clothing w/o you having to go to the dresser and constantly change them yourself.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2007 March 16, 02:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the "Spontaneous Plague" at work. Get the Warmth Fixes, it should stop these random events.

I got the mod, but the diseases still keep coming. My Sims even got a cold in the Summer.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: 2007 March 16, 17:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd kill for a bottomless fridge or a fridge that automatically fills itself using lot funds [to be slightly more realistic]. I'm tired of families with 4 or more members having to shop every other day. grr.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: 2007 March 16, 18:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd kill for a bottomless fridge or a fridge that automatically fills itself using lot funds [to be slightly more realistic]. I'm tired of families with 4 or more members having to shop every other day. grr.

I think Inge's always-full fridge patch still works...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2007 March 16, 18:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Inge's always-full fridge patch still works...

Yes, it does.  I wouldn't play without it.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2007 March 16, 19:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue I actually like how our Sims have to go grocery shopping once in a while; it makes the game much more realistic.

Different playing styles, I guess.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2007 March 16, 19:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the mod, but the diseases still keep coming. My Sims even got a cold in the Summer.
It is possible to contract the plague at work, and it may still be cold during the summer. Outdoor temperature is not clearly indicated anywhere in the game and therefore there is no obvious way to tell what it is. However, if you have the fixes installed, sims will not have spontaneously generated plague, so someone else passing by with the plague must have caused it.

Tongue I actually like how our Sims have to go grocery shopping once in a while; it makes the game much more realistic.
The shopping would be less of a nuisance if it didn't entail long loading times for lot transitions, such as if the sim would simply drive off lot and return shortly with the goods and less money. Let's face it: The two main factors of deterrance to community lot visitation is motive disruption and 5+ minute loading times for the trip.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2007 March 16, 23:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is possible to contract the plague at work, and it may still be cold during the summer. Outdoor temperature is not clearly indicated anywhere in the game and therefore there is no obvious way to tell what it is. However, if you have the fixes installed, sims will not have spontaneously generated plague, so someone else passing by with the plague must have caused it.

The visitors passing by all had colds, so that may have partially caused it. Also, I realized I installed both your warmth fix and DJ's hot-tub-isn't-hot mod. Tongue Blegh. The colds stopped coming after I removed it.

The shopping would be less of a nuisance if it didn't entail long loading times for lot transitions, such as if the sim would simply drive off lot and return shortly with the goods and less money.

In that case, the 'Deliver Groceries' option comes in handy. I think you might have to pay a delivery fee, but my Sims are rich enough anyway. There should be more possibilites of bankrupting a family or something.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2007 March 17, 00:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be more possibilites of bankrupting a family or something.

I think so too. as it is now you can atleast make sims have a negative amount of money with the familyfunds cheat  Grin
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2007 March 17, 00:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or by having them spawn a gazillion little selves and force them to pay child support for each one (Monique's mod, no work involved). Twins helps.

Unsouper
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2007 March 17, 01:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm how about  hack to speed up the time it takes for plants to grow.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: 2007 March 17, 01:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I finally figured out what i would like - that hasn't already been so awesomely attended to.

I would LOVE to be able to grow/tend/spray/harvest FLOWERS and HERBS. I'm tired of veggies and would love to sell a bunch of basil or dahlias. Can you imagine how sparkly the food would be then?

On a related note...is there any way to make the strawberry plants LOOK like strawberry plants, the cucumber plants look like cuc plants, etc? I hate that everything looks like pole beans or tomatoes.

Okay, okay, I'm probably asking for more realism than Maxis can provide, I know...I just....sigh...long for more perfection in the idyllic world of Seasons....

TIA

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2007 March 17, 03:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe there's not a way to use existing animations to do that. Cutting could be tending veggies, and there's an animation for carrying a vase of gift flowers, right? I wish I knew how to do this. Seasons is the first EP that makes me want to learn how to mod! I'm going to do a couple of things once I'm less busy.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2007 March 17, 04:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The visitors passing by all had colds, so that may have partially caused it. Also, I realized I installed both your warmth fix and DJ's hot-tub-isn't-hot mod. Tongue Blegh. The colds stopped coming after I removed it.
See, that's what happens when you consort with the plagueridden, rather than confining them to leper colonies as is proper.

In that case, the 'Deliver Groceries' option comes in handy. I think you might have to pay a delivery fee, but my Sims are rich enough anyway. There should be more possibilites of bankrupting a family or something.
I use that, yes. It never seems to show up at the time you need them, though, which is usually "Yesterday". I usually wind up replacing the fridge because I need it NOW, not 4 hours from now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2007 March 17, 20:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No eat crap should work with a hack that would cause sims to put their half-a-plate of uneaten sparkly food back in the fridge.

Also, I wish you could check the weather report on the computer. Because that's how people do it IRL.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2007 March 18, 22:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how about a mod for when they autonomously take out the garbage it runs a check for a compost on the lot and brings it there instead.
yes i know i'm am teh suck ...i leave free will on most of the time.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2007 March 18, 22:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if it's been mentioned (kick me if that's the case), but it's a pain in the arse when sims put a perfectly good plate of half eaten food in the dishwasher instead of in the fridge as leftovers!

Yes, I play with free will on, but having to watch a sim like a hawk while they're eating and cancelling the 'put food in dishwasher' action is starting to shit me. I have noeatcrap, but I don't know if that's supposed to help in this case.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2007 March 19, 03:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if it's been mentioned (kick me if that's the case), but it's a pain in the arse when sims put a perfectly good plate of half eaten food in the dishwasher instead of in the fridge as leftovers!

Yes, I play with free will on, but having to watch a sim like a hawk while they're eating and cancelling the 'put food in dishwasher' action is starting to shit me. I have noeatcrap, but I don't know if that's supposed to help in this case.

I just mentioned it!!! Look two posts above. I feel you!  Cheesy

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2007 March 19, 04:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ffs!!  Embarrassed 

*aussieone bends over  Tongue

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2007 March 19, 08:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh ffs!!  Embarrassed 

*aussieone bends over  Tongue
ROFL!  Well, you know what they say, great minds and all that...
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2007 March 19, 09:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm just missing it, but is there a macro/Harvest option? I like using the Business/Be Farmer, but it (naturally) does not automatically harvest (since you may want to sell veggies and not harvest them). But a macro/Harvest or macro/Sell option that would harvest or sell all ripe fruits and veggies would be awesome, since my Legacy family has their garden in a greenhouse, and I can't always tell what is ripe and what is not. It's a bit of an annoyance to have to click each type of plant to see if it's ripe yet, because the greenhouse walls are blocking the view.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2007 March 19, 11:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that when sims are fishing on community lots, their fishing skill rises as usual, but they don't keep anything they catch in their inventory. Is this fixable?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2007 March 19, 11:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that when sims are fishing on community lots, their fishing skill rises as usual, but they don't keep anything they catch in their inventory. Is this fixable?
They don't? I thought they DIDN'T gain fishing skill, which was fixed in the recent comm-skilling update, but I saw no code pertaining to the non-keeping of fishes. Did you leave your neighborhood file open in SimPE, thus preventing the inventory from being written?

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2007 March 19, 11:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to make practice piano playing fun again? This had been fixed once, but is broken again since seasons.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2007 March 19, 11:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the old fix not work anymore?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: