More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:42:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193013 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #250 on: 2007 March 11, 05:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I so miss the Pantry from Unleashed! I'm having a great time with Seasons, but I'd love it if the produce they're spending so much time on could be stashed in a pantry for actual food points, instead of the nebulous "freshness" value it seems to count towards in the fridge (if I'm misunderstanding that, though, please feel free to mock correct me!).

I also really like the idea of encouraging sims to grab leftovers autonomously instead of cooking up a new plate of charred lobster thermidor (especially when they're barely even hungry! grr, that tendency has never ceased to annoy ;p). Barring that, though, I do wish they'd created an option to allow kids to get leftovers out of the fridge. I understand why they don't let children cook (simwise, that's just a huge kitchen fire waiting to happen, plus new animations they'd have to make), but "open door, grab plate" should be well within the range of a child's - even a SimChild's - capabilities. Wink

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2007 March 11, 05:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn my simchild was able to get leftovers out. Will checktomorrow - maybe I had the teen get them out, but I really thought it was the kid.

Unsouper
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2007 March 11, 06:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see a no pranks hack, or at least an updated one. My sims are pranking each other all over the neighborhood left and right again.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2007 March 11, 06:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sagana, I just tried again, and my SimKid now has the option to "Get Leftovers" from the fridge. At breakfast-time, his only choices were Snack or Check Food Supplies, but now that it's evening, he's allowed to grab the leftover Bass with Squash. Parents can grab any leftover at any time, though. Weird, huh?

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2007 March 11, 06:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very. It was breakfast mine was having but I think I had some leftover omlettes (I know, eww) in there as well. Maybe it has to be the right kind for the time for the kids?

Unsouper
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2007 March 11, 07:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I so miss the Pantry from Unleashed! I'm having a great time with Seasons, but I'd love it if the produce they're spending so much time on could be stashed in a pantry for actual food points, instead of the nebulous "freshness" value it seems to count towards in the fridge (if I'm misunderstanding that, though, please feel free to mock correct me!)

The food (except fishes) that you put in the fridge count as food points with the bonus for freshness on top. You can have fridge with 0 food points and 250 fresh food points : you'll be able to cook everything like normal.
I found out that food points depend on the quality of the vegetables/fruit. From worst to best, here are the food values I found in game :

Tomato : 1/2/3
Pepper : 1/2/3
Orange : 1/2/3
Lemon : 1/2/3
Apple : 2/4/6
Cucumber : 2/4/6
Strawberry : 2/4/6
Bean : 2/4/6
Eggplant : 3/6/9

I'm currently in the process of noting the differences between harvests in the different seasons, with compost, with fertilizer or without both. Might take some time, as I'm also playing my families for fun....
Pioupiou
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 March 11, 23:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curiouser and curiouser... SimKid can now help himself to some leftover 'bass with squash' for a breakfast treat, so it looks like the "meal vs. time of day" thing wasn't it. No idea why he couldn't do it two days ago, but it's working now. Big what, small ever Huh

pioupiou, thanks for the great info! I'll be sure to get my elder to stash his vast hordes of tasty tomatoes in the fridge before he gets buried with them... then again, he's spent so much time happily gardening away and chatting with his plants that it might be fitting to bury him with the produce he so loved Wink

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2007 March 12, 00:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to echo several others in this thread, in pining for a food cabinet, or some modification that will allow food to be put in and taken out by the family. A pantry, storage cabinet.  Even a bread bin, who cares so long as it saves me from click, click, clicking on several thousand individual items to hand them over to another sim. 

It's two clicks per item too, the knuckle area of my Index finger is actually still a little sore - for real!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 March 12, 05:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand why sim kids can't get leftovers autonomously, instead of getting the message that "Sharla is just skin and bones! You'd better feed this kid before the Social Worker takes her away!"  Tongue  I can tell her manually to go get them, but it seems like she could pull them out herself.  Just like they should be able to pour cereal or make a sandwich themselves.  This would be a great addition to Dizzy's Smart Serve hack. *hint hint*
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2007 March 12, 10:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some more mods I'd be more than grateful for:

- Air conditioning mod: No temperature change due to indoor activities (I want my hottub parties back)
- No autonomous wearing coats: I'm fed up with sims changing into outerwear just to greet someone Angry.

And a food cabinet would be great, too Smiley

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2007 March 12, 10:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- No autonomous wearing coats: I'm fed up with sims changing into outerwear just to greet someone Angry.
Or to take the trash out, or get the mail, etc.  How many people actually put boots, coat, hat, and gloves just to run out to the mailbox?  I suppose it depends on how cold it is and how far away the mailbox is, but if it's not far like in most of my sims' houses, it's hardly worth getting all dressed up.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2007 March 12, 10:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Air conditioning mod: No temperature change due to indoor activities (I want my hottub parties back)
The warmth mod coming out soon will make it so that it will not be possible to overheat from any indoor activities, even if they do affect temperature. Warmth capping will also work correctly, reducing lag from random overlay application.

I think the latest APO included a patch to erase the stutter-warp effect when running through a door. It also eliminates the outerwear-check when doing the same. We're debating over whether or not to discontinue one of the disrecommended features on APO to seperate this out. In any case, it presently produces the effect where if you run through a door, no outerwear change will be performed. And who doesn't run everywhere, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2007 March 12, 10:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you have to have APO set up in every house then?  Some of my sims are too poor to afford APO.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 March 12, 10:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you have to have APO set up in every house then?  Some of my sims are too poor to afford APO.  Tongue
No, it's a passive side effect of the portal BHAV, it affects all doors. This feature will probably be seperated out from APO (resulting in the "Death" option being discontinued, as killing sims in this manner, although amusingly therapeutic, really can no longer be recommended and is largely a relic of the old days before the horribleness was fully revealed. Plus the new Smite button on the Lot debugger is funnier.).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2007 March 12, 11:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The warmth mod coming out soon will make it so that it will not be possible to overheat from any indoor activities, even if they do affect temperature. Warmth capping will also work correctly, reducing lag from random overlay application.

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you! *pushes sheep thanks button*

I think the latest APO included a patch to erase the stutter-warp effect when running through a door. It also eliminates the outerwear-check when doing the same. We're debating over whether or not to discontinue one of the disrecommended features on APO to seperate this out. In any case, it presently produces the effect where if you run through a door, no outerwear change will be performed.

I must try it out as soon as I get home - this continuous *swoosh* really drives me mad. Do I have to expect any conflicts with TJ's Visitor Controller?

And who doesn't run everywhere, anyway?

Exactly Cheesy

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2007 March 12, 11:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got rid of the "swoosh" effect with Monique's mod, but they still pause and change, which causes a noticeable lag in gameplay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2007 March 12, 13:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus the new Smite button on the Lot debugger is funnier.

Oooooo, I hadn't noticed that one yet!  I'll have to check it out later. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 March 12, 15:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I second those calling for a mod to keep the gardeners out of the vegetable garden -- or at least make it optional.  I like for them to come clip hedges on my heavily landscaped lots, but I don't want them going in the greenhouse or vegetable garden.  I like using the sprinklers, but use of the sprinklers and the gardener results in overwatered plants (s/he waters them whether they need it or not).  I also like tending the vegetables myself, to build gardening skills for my Sims.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2007 March 12, 16:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus the new Smite button on the Lot debugger is funnier.

Oooooo, I hadn't noticed that one yet!  I'll have to check it out later. Smiley

Is Smite fatal or just extremely uncomfortable? As a Sim punishment tool, discomfort is good, but dead Sims are unable to learn anything. Unless resurrected. Smiley

Of course, this isn't a huge change from live Sims, who already seem incapable of learning much.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 March 13, 02:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's as fatal as the naturally-occurring version is or isn't.

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2007 March 13, 02:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

APO stands for? Yeah yeah go ahead make fun of me not following but I've mulled this one over a few days and finally decided to be very unawesome and ask.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2007 March 13, 03:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

APO = Authorized Personnel Only

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2007 March 13, 03:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

APO = Authorized Personnel Only
Now see that makes perfect sense.  Roll Eyes Thanks!

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
jdanddpt
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2007 March 13, 03:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like a mod that prevents the "Influence to... Serve Meal" interaction from randomly trying to serve Fish meals that aren't in the fridge.

i.e., my Sims are busy, so I use Influence a lot.  Now, with Seasons, the "Influence to... Serve Meal" can fail because the indentured serv-... I mean, influenced Sim walks up to the fridge, opens the door, then a dialog box pops up saying something like "You can't serve such-and-such Fish dish, because that Fish isn't in your fridge." (or whatever... you get the idea)

The new Seasons dishes simply shouldn't be available for the "Influence to... Serve Meal" interaction.  Or there should be a sanity check against the fridge's contents before the Sim tries to serve.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: 2007 March 13, 17:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nochangingclothesatdoors.package  <--- dreams  Grin

I'm still begging for a hack to stop Simmies changing clothes everytime they go through a door. I'd rather select when they change clothes the old fashioned way. All this swishing is causing lag and its annoying the hell out of me! grrr (the non swish hack has no effect here)

I have requested this hack a few times on several sites and as yet no one has made a hack, is it because its not possible or too awkward?  I wish I knew how to do things like that. So I really hope one ofthe talented folks can make this hack.

Thanks for reading
xXx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: