More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:34:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193022 times)
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #200 on: 2007 March 06, 09:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are also overheating, and the only CC I have is MATY hacks because I can't be bothered to hunt down everyone elses stuff for every EP.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007 March 06, 13:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a better bugJarNoDecay. The cheat that is built in, for my game at least, cannot be put into my handy .cheat file -- for me it not only doesn't work, but causes any cheats after it to not be entered as well
I had the same experience, I wondered why I wasn't in debug mode, the lightning bug cheat was the only new addition to my userstartup file. When I removed it, the startup worked fine again.

Adding aging off to the .cheat file does the same thing. I don't use the cheat personally, but I had to remove it from a friend's startup in order to get the rest of the cheats to work.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: 2007 March 06, 13:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Allow Sims to be able to skate on ponds (When they are frozen, of course.)
Not possible at all. Besides, you shouldn't do this in real life, you'll clip through the ice, get stuck, and drown.

And that is why it would be fun to make the Sims do it.   Grin

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007 March 06, 14:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the ice rink work in seasons other than winter?  I know a roller rink comm lot comes with Seasons, and it's actually rather neat, but I haven't plunked down any ice skating rinks yet.

Ice skating does work in other seasons. I have one at a park and there are always sims using it no matter what time of year. Apparently, the ice temp is self-regulating.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 March 06, 14:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i would love a hack to have a gold gardening badge, and gold fishing badge instantly.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2007 March 06, 14:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i would love a hack to have a gold gardening badge, and gold fishing badge instantly.
You won't find it here (seeing as hacks made here tend to be the less cheaty sort of hacks), especially seeing as the Badge Juicer in-game has probably been updated to include these options. Open the console (Ctrl+Shift+C), and type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". Hold down shift, and click on any sim. Select "Spawn..." and then the Badge Juicer

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2007 March 06, 14:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ice skating does work in other seasons. I have one at a park and there are always sims using it no matter what time of year. Apparently, the ice temp is self-regulating.
I am disappointed by the lack of option to terrorize skaters with the zamboni.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: 2007 March 06, 14:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am disappointed by the lack of option to terrorize skaters with the zamboni.

So hack one.  Or is there even a zamboni?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2007 March 06, 16:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Zambonis as far as I know.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
dracine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 March 06, 18:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly, I would love to see a hack or maybe an object that would allow to pick where the lightning strikes or for it to strike a certain sim that's on the lot. heh.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: 2007 March 06, 18:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't Paladin at SimWardrobe have a lightning helm? It's not quite the same as directing the game's lightning to strike where you want it to, but I believe you can strike individual sims with it. I'm not sure if it's been updated for Seasons, or if it even needs to be, since it is a hacked object and not a global mod.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
dracine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2007 March 06, 18:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't Paladin at SimWardrobe have a lightning helm? It's not quite the same as directing the game's lightning to strike where you want it to, but I believe you can strike individual sims with it. I'm not sure if it's been updated for Seasons, or if it even needs to be, since it is a hacked object and not a global mod.

I'll have to check that out. Thanks.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: 2007 March 06, 19:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if it's mod related, but I seem to be having trouble with Sim parents who want to give their toddlers billions of bottles when they're not hungry.  Would this be because I have quadruplet toddlers?  I was quite relieved when they grew to be children, but I had to remove the fridge, emergency stop the baby controller, and have three adults tending those kids at once. 

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2007 March 06, 19:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I keep having problems with sims not being able to fall in love even with 100/100. One will fall in love, but the other won't.

Stupid sims.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007 March 06, 19:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if it's mod related, but I seem to be having trouble with Sim parents who want to give their toddlers billions of bottles when they're not hungry.  Would this be because I have quadruplet toddlers?  I was quite relieved when they grew to be children, but I had to remove the fridge, emergency stop the baby controller, and have three adults tending those kids at once. 

I've been experiencing this for a while (pre seasons). I thought it may have been Baby Controller related but Pescado ignored my post in that thread, so I figured that was his way of saying no it's not.

As for whatever else is causing sims to overfeed their spawn, I have no idea.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: 2007 March 06, 19:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny because I haven't had this problem before I installed Seasons (or with other families...), but if it's been happening before Seasons, then it might be an isolated issue concerning this household.  Interesting. 

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007 March 07, 00:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having this problem pre-Seasons.

I finally worked out what was causing it after the following episode:  nanny was on mother's schedule.  father came home from work at 6pm, in green asp.  Grew baby up to toddler.  There was smartmilk on the counter, but father couldn't use it as not in gold or platinum.  Both nanny and father were endlessly trying to feed bottles to the toddler.  I put the smartmilk asp reward in the father's inventory and the behaviour stopped.

It seems like they were trying to force feed multiple smartmilk bottles to the toddler, but since neither the father nor the nanny were high enough asp to use smartmilk they were getting ordinary bottles out of the fridge.

Now I keep the smartmilk container in a parent's inv until it's needed.  Haven't had a repeat of the behaviour.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007 March 07, 00:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The situation you're describing appears to be impossible, since there's absolutely no condition which would apparently allow a toddler to be fed normal milk at a hunger level of greater than -20 in the absence of smart milk....

Are you certain you're using the most recent version?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 07, 00:33:00 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2007 March 07, 01:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The situation you're describing appears to be impossible, since there's absolutely no condition which would apparently allow a toddler to be fed normal milk at a hunger level of greater than -20 in the absence of smart milk....

Are you certain you're using the most recent version?

I have been seeing similar behavior in my game for weeks.  It started well before Seasons.  I just checked and my version of the babycontroller is dated 12/8/06, which appears to be the latest version.  My macrotastics is up to date as well.  I always play with free will on, and usually set up the baby controller with the "always smart milk" option turned on.  I never use the "disintegrate bottles" option, only "dispose bottles".  Ever since this hack was updated to force-feed smart milk, I have had this problem.  It only goes away if there is no more smart milk to be had.  I have the "nobabyharrassment" installed (same version as in the DC) but it doesn't help in this situation.

I'll go in now to try to get a screenshot.

EDIT:  Well, I got the screenshots but now I'm not sure if this is actually a problem or not.  The toddler in question is in gold aspiration status, with hunger at about 30% (in the yellow).  The only adult at home at the time was her mother, who was in green aspiration status.  There was one bottle of smartmilk left in the dispenser, but the mom went to the regular fridge instead.  I thought smartmilk-feeding was allowed by the baby controller if either the toddler or the Sim making it was in gold or higher?  Or have I been mistaken all along in that?  (I still don't think this is Seasons-related, by the way.)
« Last Edit: 2007 March 07, 02:34:14 by karen » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007 March 07, 03:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim making the smart milk must be in gold or platinum.  Otherwise there is a chance of them making red smart milk, which will make the toddler sick.  If the smart milk is already made, maybe in someone's inventory, it doesn't matter who feeds it then or what aspiration the toddler has.  It only matters for the sim who is actually making it.
LordHellscream
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2007 March 07, 03:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacks I want:

1. Garden controller - In Soviet Russia, Gardens tend you!  Smiley
2. Makes Business controller compatible with plantsims (so they can dazzle like robots and perhaps also take care of their needs, take shower, stand under sun/lamp to recharge etc)
3. Sims autonomously take Leftover food from fridge instead of cooking new ones, and autonomously store leftover into fridge.

Thank you!!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007 March 07, 03:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado already has gardening built into Macrotastics.  Have you seen it? 

I'd like to see the suggestions you made concerning leftovers as well.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: 2007 March 07, 04:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would make sense about the bottles.  All the adults on the lot were in green aspiration and were not able to feed the quads smart milk during that period (tending to quads = no time to get the meter up!).  I had the always smart milk function off, yet I did not realize that it was an autonomous action to make the milk anyway.  Yet even when I deleted the baby controller, the parents were still reaching toward the fridge until I had to delete the fridge!  Craziness...

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2007 March 07, 09:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with "no baby harassment," I find sims on free will want to feed the baby a bottle even when it's not hungry, because the sim is actually hungry and Maxis thought it was a good idea to advertise to sims that feeding the baby would satisfy their own hunger.  Tongue  So see if your sims are actually hungry themselves when they reach for a baby bottle.  I use Inge's bottomless bottle also so they can feed themselves if no parent is available.  The baby controller doesn't recognize it per se, but if the toddler quits skilling or whatever due to hunger, they will often reach for it autonomously. 
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2007 March 07, 10:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game desperately needs a hack to burninate the "plants love me" behaviour. Plant sims randomly time out and start picking petals off of a flower (love me... love me not). It's retarded. And they do it ALL THE TIME.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: