More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:34:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193026 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #150 on: 2007 March 04, 09:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this with the updated version? It should have been updated to include the relevant constants already. Do not use outdated merchandise.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2007 March 04, 09:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another request, if you please.  I would like a hack that gets visitors out of the hot tub before they reach flash point and spontaneously combust.  Can this be done?
I have a hack in testing for this: http://temp.djssims.com/beta/djshottubisnthot.zip

I've learned that this can also happen with the treadmill, so I'll be making it not do this as well when I get the chance. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 March 04, 10:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another mod I've been wanting actually since the EP was announced is changing the sunrise/sunset times. Where I live, it's only light from about 9 am to 3 pm in winter, and in summer the sun doesn't set until 11 pm or so. So I find the darkness of the Sims summer quite depressing. It should be light much longer during summer than during winter.

I have no idea if it can be done or not, but I would love it anyway.

I would really love something like this as well. That was one of the reasons, I was looking forward to seasons. In reality this is kind of the whole reason for there being seasons, isnīt it. So I really hate, that they left that out. And I would love longer summer days simply for gameplay enjoyment.

And I second the request for gardening affecting the fitness level. Itīs too bad, that the fish dishes are so fattening to begin with. Isnīt fish supposed to be healthy and non-fattening?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 March 04, 11:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another mod I've been wanting actually since the EP was announced is changing the sunrise/sunset times. Where I live, it's only light from about 9 am to 3 pm in winter, and in summer the sun doesn't set until 11 pm or so. So I find the darkness of the Sims summer quite depressing. It should be light much longer during summer than during winter.

I have no idea if it can be done or not, but I would love it anyway.
I would, too. For the opposite reasons!
* J. M. Pescado hiss at sun!

I would really love something like this as well. That was one of the reasons, I was looking forward to seasons. In reality this is kind of the whole reason for there being seasons, isnīt it. So I really hate, that they left that out. And I would love longer summer days simply for gameplay enjoyment.
Longer days. PSSH! ETERNAL DARKNESS FTW!
* J. M. Pescado hiss at sun!

And I second the request for gardening affecting the fitness level. Itīs too bad, that the fish dishes are so fattening to begin with. Isnīt fish supposed to be healthy and non-fattening?
I think you're probably overfeeding, that's why. Try noeatcrap?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 March 04, 15:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The overheating in the hot tub / while working out / while doing yardwork / everything else in the damn game is really, really getting old.

Is it possible to make the heat increase more moderate? I mean, yes, people do get warmer while working out but they should be able to work out for more than a few minutes without exploding.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 March 04, 17:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this with the updated version? It should have been updated to include the relevant constants already. Do not use outdated merchandise.

(hangs head in shame)

No. And I thought I was being so careful too. I printed out a list of all my hacks, removed those not compatible and updated those that were updated. Somehow this one slipped through and I was using the version from 2/11/07 instead of 2/28/07.

Not at all awesome
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 March 04, 18:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a "nogetstruckbylightingwant" I mean really who WANTS to be struck by lighting?

Knowledge sims typically have this want. Popularity sims typically get this as a fear.

Knowledge Sims tend to be suicidal in general.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 March 04, 19:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a better bugJarNoDecay. The cheat that is built in, for my game at least, cannot be put into my handy .cheat file -- for me it not only doesn't work, but causes any cheats after it to not be entered as well -- so it needs to be entered at least once per playing session, sometimes resulting in the death of kept lightening bugs.

Also, it would be really great if captured butterflies didn't die as well. The Maxis Cheat only saves the lightening bugs, condemning my butterflies to death by jar if I don't release them.

Thanks.

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2007 March 04, 19:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Itīs too bad, that the fish dishes are so fattening to begin with. Isnīt fish supposed to be healthy and non-fattening?

Salmon is one of the most fattening dishes in the game (I only have my sims cook it if they're at least 75% hungry), so I assume that this is the same for fish caught in the lakes.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 March 04, 19:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Itīs too bad, that the fish dishes are so fattening to begin with. Isnīt fish supposed to be healthy and non-fattening?

Salmon is one of the most fattening dishes in the game (I only have my sims cook it if they're at least 75% hungry), so I assume that this is the same for fish caught in the lakes.
But catfish, bass, and trout are far less fatty fish than salmon. All three are white, rather than red, fish -- I think -- and so are far better for you.

Doesn't seem fair for them to be as fatty in the game...

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 March 04, 20:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a better bugJarNoDecay. The cheat that is built in, for my game at least, cannot be put into my handy .cheat file -- for me it not only doesn't work, but causes any cheats after it to not be entered as well
I had the same experience, I wondered why I wasn't in debug mode, the lightning bug cheat was the only new addition to my userstartup file. When I removed it, the startup worked fine again.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 March 05, 01:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Salmon is worth about as much as a porkchop, maybe 140-160 FP at high skill levels, perhaps even more with the "fresh" bonus. Meaning, don't bother unless your sim is really, really red.

spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 March 05, 01:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am in desperate need of a "no autonomous water baloon fight" mod.
I was playing a house with two vampires who kept(and I mean constantly) running outside to have a water baloon fight, all of course while they where being slowly burned to death by the sun. Fucking retards

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 March 05, 02:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until someone makes such a hack, why don't you lock the external doors for everyone?
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 March 05, 02:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until someone makes such a hack, why don't you lock the external doors for everyone?

I did, eventually.
I just hate having to keep a constant eye on what one or two particular "suicidal" sims are doing

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 March 05, 04:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, and I really like that - in combination with 'noeatcrap' one fish meal (made from fresh ingredients) is enough to feed a rather hungry sim (about 75%) two times. Just store the half-emptied plate in the fridge. Since seasons, my sims live on leftovers Grin.

I'd like a mod to fulfil the 'gain skillpoint' want when it's achieved by drinking eggplant juice.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 March 05, 04:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a nonawesome hack (monique at MTS2) that disables water balloon autonomy.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 March 05, 05:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a nonawesome hack (monique at MTS2) that disables water balloon autonomy.

I think that is just for the water balloon prank, thanks though

MangoOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 March 05, 07:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the person who was having trouble placing doors on a greenhouse, I also had that problem.  I discovered that you need to place your doors before placing the gardening dirt down.  Or, remove the tile of dirt that is directly inside where the door will be, and then place your door there.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 March 05, 10:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that is just for the water balloon prank, thanks though

Nope, Monique uploaded a new one today: MQ_No_Autonomous_Play_Water_Balloon_Fight_SEASONS.zip

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: 2007 March 05, 11:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacks/Mods I would like to see for Seasons:

- Allow Sims to be able to skate on ponds (When they are frozen, of course.)

- Gain Body Skill points from gardening

- Do more than pet the penguin? (If possible.)

- Earn more money through gardening.  Maybe I suck, but I don't make a lot of money through it.

- Limit the amount of times idiot Sims go to the window and think, "Oooh, it's snowing!" and "Aww, it's raining."  They can't run a business if they're constantly looking out the window to see what they just saw five minutes ago.

- That's all I can think of until I play the game again.

*RenegadeSims
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 March 05, 14:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- Limit the amount of times idiot Sims go to the window and think, "Oooh, it's snowing!" and "Aww, it's raining."  They can't run a business if they're constantly looking out the window to see what they just saw five minutes ago.

This mod is already in testing and can be downloaded here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/seasons/test/

I'm using it and it seems to work probably 90% of the time, I still get some sims looking up at the sky but it doesn't cancel out any interaction they are already doing.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 March 05, 14:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod is already in testing and can be downloaded here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/seasons/test/

I'm using it and it seems to work probably 90% of the time, I still get some sims looking up at the sky but it doesn't cancel out any interaction they are already doing.

Me too, and I find that I kinda like it this way, actually. Because it lets them fulfill the "see snow/rain" and get the "see first snow" memory, but without being so damn annoying about it. Occasionally noting the weather when they're not doing anything else is fine, obsessively running to the window every 5 minutes is not.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 March 05, 14:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how Pes designed it.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 March 05, 14:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After less than 24 hours of having the game, I already am desperate for an anti-it's raining/snowing/hailing hack! For crying out loud, when I'm asleep at night, I don't suddenly know that it's snowing and wake up to run to the window to complain or cheer. And there's sure no reason for them to drop actions to do this multiple times if it continues! I can see it being cute every now and then, if the Sim was idling, but to drop actions 5+ times for every single longish storm?!?!  Roll Eyes Who's bright idea was that?

Stupid EA.

atleast its just that dumping your actions. I have actions being dropped left and right for no reasons, everything dumps them except for the weather :/ go figure. ..no hacks in yet either

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: