More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:58:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193009 times)
jinx
Asinine Airhead

What You Looking At?

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #125 on: 2007 March 03, 15:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding the fishing obsession irratating. When a nanny or a visitor comes over instead of interacting with my sims they run off to my pond and fish   Roll Eyes I am also finding my sims drop everything just to go talk to my young plant child even though she is happily playing with the toy bunny (her bars are all green) she continues to play and ignore the sims who just stand there and stare at her Huh I hope it's not just me finding this frustrating
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 March 03, 16:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two U-ROCK! Points hereby awarded:

Pes for prescient logic re: vamp attire. *100 fists waving rock signs!*

Jfade for option to avoid becoming a giant zucchini. *five crowd surfers!*

Rah!

*powerchord*

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 March 03, 16:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to grow some tomaotes, and I swear they require more tending than a new born baby.  If I had devote this much time to my RL garden, it would have been made into compost a long time ago.  And that's using sprinklers as well.

I had major trouble on the start but heres a few tips that might help.

Use homemade compost, plant them in the right season (tomatoes in summer), let sprinklers water them and never do it yourself.  If you got a gold badge talk to them up until their thriving then weed once a day and forget until harvest.  This probably doesn't go as smoothly if your garden is outside a greenhouse though.  The first day or 2 are the worst on a new garden but after that they barely need any attention at all.
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 March 03, 16:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why when a plantperson gives a bath to a toddler plantperson does the adult's water need go down?

I've also got a hack conflict of some sort that involves plantpeople as well. They keep jumping out of interactions, I can't queue them as they jump and their plumbobs blink on and off. (Time to remove all CC and hacks and start adding them back in one creator at a time).

Another question for anyone who knows... when a plantperson has a plantbaby, will it always be the same gender as the adult? I had a female "have plantbaby" and 4 times over it was a girl. I haven't had luck getting a male converted yet to try and see if he can only make boy plants.

Not at all awesome
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 March 03, 16:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got some  hack thing that won't let me plan casual, fromal, or work-out outfits.
But everything else.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 March 03, 17:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got some  hack thing that won't let me plan casual, fromal, or work-out outfits.
But everything else.

Sounds like the pregnancy wear all hack from Squinge. Is that among your downloads?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
dadditude
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 March 03, 17:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My most wanted hack is one to give our NPC friends (enemies?) some sort of a rational desire to wear outerwear when appropriate. I don't know about you, but my mailman doesn't come trudging through knee-deep snow in a short-sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend;
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 March 03, 17:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But everything else.

Sounds like the pregnancy wear all hack from Squinge. Is that among your downloads?

That hack was updated for Seasons over at insim.

Thanks for the suggestions LFox, I'll be sure to try them.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 March 03, 17:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He posted an update earlier today to fix the problem with losing some of the planning outfit options.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 March 03, 18:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i thought i did get the update, but i guess there was an even newer one.
thansk guys.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007 March 03, 18:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a way to adjust the season for a lot so that I can synchronize my lots correctly.  Sometimes, I want my people to move in on a day other than Monday.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 March 03, 19:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another question for anyone who knows... when a plantperson has a plantbaby, will it always be the same gender as the adult? I had a female "have plantbaby" and 4 times over it was a girl. I haven't had luck getting a male converted yet to try and see if he can only make boy plants.

Sadorandomness. My female plantsim spawned a boy just fine.

INFP or something
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 March 03, 19:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a way to adjust the season for a lot so that I can synchronize my lots correctly.  Sometimes, I want my people to move in on a day other than Monday.

Use the weather machine to sync the seasons on your new lots.  That's what i did and it worked fine, not sure what you can do about the day though.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 March 03, 19:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To change the day, use the time warp function on the lot synchroniser.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 March 04, 00:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a very minor thing but it's been bugging me ever since I first saw it:  The want labeled "Buy an Garden Plot".  I wish somebody would change the "an" to "a".  I don't know if this is just in the US English version of the game, but it's annoying.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 March 04, 00:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this yet, but I'm sure it will bug me too.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 March 04, 01:38:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My most wanted hack is one to give our NPC friends (enemies?) some sort of a rational desire to wear outerwear when appropriate. I don't know about you, but my mailman doesn't come trudging through knee-deep snow in a short-sleeved shirt and a pair of shorts.
NPCs are coded to be immune to temperature. They did not come equipped with cold-weather versions of their uniforms, and thus were not able to use outerwear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 March 04, 03:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the weather machine to sync the seasons on your new lots.  That's what i did and it worked fine, not sure what you can do about the day though.

Too imprecise.  I would like a way to put a lot at a more specific day in the 20 day "seasonal year"...  It can probably be done with SimPE... once the Seasons version of that is available.

Edit: Paladin has a weather and seasons controller out now.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 04, 06:11:08 by lordrichter » Logged

Auntie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 March 04, 04:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, you are a tower of awesomeness.

Another request, if you please.  I would like a hack that gets visitors out of the hot tub before they reach flash point and spontaneously combust.  Can this be done?
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 March 04, 04:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't the water put out the fire?  Smiley

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 March 04, 04:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing that crosses my mind that I would want...  something to make my game say autumn, not fall!

I for one wholeheartedly agree with that, Ness. Americanisms, blah.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 March 04, 04:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, you are a tower of awesomeness.

Another request, if you please.  I would like a hack that gets visitors out of the hot tub before they reach flash point and spontaneously combust.  Can this be done?

This happens? Jebus Krispies. Unacceptable.

I'd like water to actually put out fire in my game. I mean, der. That's not even funny-weird, it's just stupid-weird.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 March 04, 05:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a "nogetstruckbylightingwant" I mean really who WANTS to be struck by lighting?

Knowledge sims typically have this want. Popularity sims typically get this as a fear.

Morigale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 March 04, 06:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also got a hack conflict of some sort that involves plantpeople as well. They keep jumping out of interactions, I can't queue them as they jump and their plumbobs blink on and off. (Time to remove all CC and hacks and start adding them back in one creator at a time).

I may be able to help with this one; if you have the 'less whiny sims' hack, that'd be the problem. (It was the one I LEAST wanted to get rid of, too.)

And I'd like to second the request for everyday wear that can be used as formal NOT heating up the sim. All my favorite dresses are set as formal! I can't live like that!

(Ps: I have no clue how doable this would be but I'd kill for a hack that made vegetable plants not crash the game if you put them in someone's inventory. See, I had move_objects on and was trying to get this family to a new house. Worse, it didn't crash until I REOPENED her invetory, in the new house...)
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 March 04, 08:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Morigale! You saved me many restarts trying to figure out which one was causing the problem. I took out lesswhiney and I'm not having the plantperson problems.

Not at all awesome
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: