More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:45:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193014 times)
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #100 on: 2007 March 03, 00:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing that crosses my mind that I would want...  something to make my game say autumn, not fall!

This is really pissing me off too. I thought the EAoids said somewhere that it would be called Autumn in the en_uk version of the game?

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 March 03, 00:54:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the big deal?  Shocked
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 March 03, 01:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing that crosses my mind that I would want...  something to make my game say autumn, not fall!

This is really pissing me off too. I thought the EAoids said somewhere that it would be called Autumn in the en_uk version of the game?

I was wondering what's the point of having a UK English version of the game if they are not going to use UK English.

Ok - I guess it isn't a huge deal - it just bugs me is all.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 March 03, 01:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll keep this in mind for the next update to my UK English mod.
Bugs me as well.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 March 03, 01:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm American and "fall" is a verb, and "autumn" is the proper term for a season. But I'm atypical, I guess.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 March 03, 01:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like a move away from skating rink entrances hack. Those damn townies just hang around forever!

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 March 03, 03:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer autumn too, and I don't know why they didn't just go with that, but maybe they thought it would confuse the sheeple.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Auntie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 March 03, 03:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the winter season, when sims go to community lots, all the townies are in outerwear.  This is good.  Then Count Whatis shows up in a black turtleneck and scarf.  Not so good.  Being a vampire, its all about the cape.  According to prima guide, vampires can't freeze so why the costume change?

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 March 03, 03:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love a "fishing is fun" hack Smiley

And man, am I relieved that "don't wave at me" still works Grin

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Chyld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 March 03, 04:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to see a hack that synchronizes an owned business lot's season with the current playables' season like other community lots, instead of keeping track of its own(WTF?!?) Stoopid EA making things difficult... Grr.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 March 03, 06:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering what's the point of having a UK English version of the game if they are not going to use UK English.

Ok - I guess it isn't a huge deal - it just bugs me is all.

It really bugs me as well. As does the spelling of neighbor. I'm sure it used to be spelt neighbour in the UK version or maybe I'm just imagining things!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 March 03, 07:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to check later, but I'm pretty sure my copy says autumn here.

Edit: Nope, it does say 'fall' -- I was sure it said autumn.  Guess I was seeing things. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 March 03, 10:11:16 by jsalemi » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 March 03, 07:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about a "nogetstruckbylightingwant" I mean really who WANTS to be struck by lighting?

I agree with the gardening builds body mod.

Thanks for all the awesomeness, playing without it for a few hours reminded me just how awesome you all are.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2007 March 03, 08:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it has been mentioned but I would really like to see a mod that prevents them from changing into outerwear every time they go outside.  I don't want them putting their coats on unless I say so, dammit!  (Control freak?)    I see a lot of people actually like this feature but it drives me crazy.  (Not a long trip for me.)

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2007 March 03, 08:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded all the awesomes this morning after checking out the game with no CC, and I was SO happy to see that all my most necessary hacks were updated and ready to go, and even more excited to see an anti-ZOMG IT'S SNOWING hack.

*has pescado and TJ's babies*

I love you guys. The whole bathroom situation was pissing me off. DAMMIT GET OUT OF THERE WHEN YOU'RE DONE PEEING! >:O
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 March 03, 09:02:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it has been mentioned but I would really like to see a mod that prevents them from changing into outerwear every time they go outside.  I don't want them putting their coats on unless I say so, dammit!  (Control freak?)    I see a lot of people actually like this feature but it drives me crazy.  (Not a long trip for me.)

I _love_ it when they go to the backyard via the house and pause to take their coat off, walk through the house, put their coat right back on, and then head on out into the snow.  Roll Eyes

INFP or something
sharpefan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 March 03, 09:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My current pet peeve concerns the gardener.  I DON'T want him watering my crops and I DON'T want him to rake my leaves.  It takes far too long on my larger lots and he never finishes. 
Also, I've noticed the increase crying of infants, and I've found that if you lay them on the floor, they stop crying.  Not very maternal I know, but....
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 March 03, 09:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not supposed to work like that.

If the origin is the same condition (outside or inside) as the destination, walking through a different condition isn't supposed to force them to change clothes.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 March 03, 09:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Venusy: cancel and get the game somewhere else, then maybe the guide will ship. They are obviously having supply issues.  Cheesy

Never order an in-stock item and an out-of-stock item from Amazon at the same time.  You will get messes like this.  I suspect it's actually the Prima guide that's causing the problem.

I'd check your local EB to see if both are in stock, then cancel the whole darn thing!  EB gives you a buck or two off on the guide if you buy it at the same time as the game.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 March 03, 10:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Venusy: cancel and get the game somewhere else, then maybe the guide will ship. They are obviously having supply issues.  Cheesy

Never order an in-stock item and an out-of-stock item from Amazon at the same time.  You will get messes like this.  I suspect it's actually the Prima guide that's causing the problem.

I'd check your local EB to see if both are in stock, then cancel the whole darn thing!  EB gives you a buck or two off on the guide if you buy it at the same time as the game.

if that's the issue, you can edit the order to "ship separately", and they'll send what they do have right away. My mom ordered me a bunch of books for my birthday one time but had to give me the receipt because it said they wouldn't be arriving till August (my birthday was in April)- turns out she'd not noticed one book was a preorder for a book not coming out till August, she did ship separately and they arrived a few days later (all but the preorder)

INFP or something
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 March 03, 13:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if that's the issue, you can edit the order to "ship separately", and they'll send what they do have right away. My mom ordered me a bunch of books for my birthday one time but had to give me the receipt because it said they wouldn't be arriving till August (my birthday was in April)- turns out she'd not noticed one book was a preorder for a book not coming out till August, she did ship separately and they arrived a few days later (all but the preorder)
This appears to have fixed it. The game is now shipping on Monday, and the guide on a date between the 10th and the 13th.

EB hasn't existed over here since 1999. My "local" GAME (UK name for EB, owned by EB UK, split from the parent US company) is at least an hour and a half away by bus and train, so what I'd save on the guide I'd lose on transport costs.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 03, 14:28:59 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 March 03, 13:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the winter season, when sims go to community lots, all the townies are in outerwear.  This is good.  Then Count Whatis shows up in a black turtleneck and scarf.  Not so good.  Being a vampire, its all about the cape.  According to prima guide, vampires can't freeze so why the costume change?
What a coincidence. It just so happens we have such a product on dock. I knew it would piss me off before I even LOOKED at the game, so I already ordered that it be made.

You can find it in seasons/hacks as "nounneededcoats". The thread for it will be up when Boris posts it up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2007 March 03, 14:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read in the guide that "after adult or elder Sims have personally sprayed plants/trees on their lot 100 times, every subsequent spraying carries a 10 percent change of turning them into PlantSims" (p. 103). I agree with Ellatrue, that seems a bit prolongued.

-Amanda

Are you KIDDING me?! 100 Times?!

I've spent all day gardening with various sims, it seems to me it's nearly impossible to have them garden and NOT become plantsims. Every friggan one! I planted a plot with strips of soil, 6 plots long, I think I had 4 strips, because I wanted to see if I could make a living off gardening. I began the game with a toddler and my selfsim became a plant I think the day after she became a child (it's between two "Robin Grew Up Well" memories, but it surprised me how short of a time it took). Any decently sized garden will give you plantsims in no time.
Yup, the number 100 is complete and total BS. According to the code, it takes only 15 sprays. After which, there's a 10% chance they'll be transformed into a plant Sim. Hardly difficult to obtain. And like Chienne pointed out I've already got a hack to make plant sims impossible to get for those people who don't like the stupid supernatural garbage. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 March 03, 15:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a coincidence. It just so happens we have such a product on dock. I knew it would piss me off before I even LOOKED at the game, so I already ordered that it be made.
Oh man, pre-cognition too. Downloaded and installed ta.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 March 03, 15:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to grow some tomaotes, and I swear they require more tending than a new born baby.  If I had devote this much time to my RL garden, it would have been made into compost a long time ago.  And that's using sprinklers as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: