More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:49:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193019 times)
Nick
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #75 on: 2007 March 02, 03:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting a request for a "Clothing Doesn't Effect Sim Warmth mod."

JFade, "....There is no rating on clothing, Maxis OR custom, for warmth level."

Another misconception bites the dust... Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2007 March 04, 04:10:00 by Nick » Logged
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 March 02, 03:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the mod i have been waiting for the most is the babycontroller. God, all my sims are spewing out kids left and right, and i have to handle them manually. Argh!

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Laura Castellano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 March 02, 04:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a no-autonomy-fridge action that works.  I know Inge's not updating her stuff anymore, and while her no-autonomy fridge technically works in the game, once you put leftovers in it, you can't take them out again.  I'm so used to using that hack that it just astonishes me how often my sims now go to the fridge to cook a meal only for themselves when there are hungry kids in the house.  AND they don't autonomously use the leftovers, so unless I catch them in the act, cancel the action and tell them to, the leftovers never get used.  I've been turning the fridge around so they can't get to it, but that's just a pain.

I saw the phrase "and it's not just produce and pescados" in the Prima guide.  Is this a shout out? Wink
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 March 02, 04:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I tried to place a fence to place the doors, cuz that's what it said they had to be on, but it wouldn't go on a fence either, so I deleted it and just placed the doors, but obviously it's just acting as though they weren't there..

Kinda sounds like you're trying to use regular doors for your greenhouse - that doesn't work. There's a special greenhouse door in your gardening section.

I too would jump with joy at a hack that can make sims into plantsims right away, I haven't managed it yet and I've tried with a complete bug-infested orchard of 8 trees. (I love the plantsim skin, by the way, very nice pattern. It just slightly disturbs me there's a wallpaper with roughly the same pattern on it.)

Sprinklers break too much in my game as well. And I thought the toilets were bad before Pescado's fix...
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 March 02, 04:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too would jump with joy at a hack that can make sims into plantsims right away.

I have exactly the opposite reaction.  I would love a "no plantsims under any circumstances" hack, like the ones that are available for preventing vampire biting, etc.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers to keep the game realistic.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 March 02, 05:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the mod i have been waiting for the most is the babycontroller. God, all my sims are spewing out kids left and right, and i have to handle them manually. Argh!

Try using it -- it's in the director's cut, so it may not need an update.  The BUY isn't officially 'sanctioned' yet for Seasons, but it works just fine.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 2007 March 02, 05:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd like it if they changed without spinning.

They can, get Monique's 'change outfit-no spin', seems to be working in my game so far.

Not for me, although yes - there is now spinning animation for wardrobes - the door changing still causes the spin.. I really hope someone sorts this out, the constant changing of clothes is very annoying.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 March 02, 06:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a no-autonomy-fridge action that works.  I know Inge's not updating her stuff anymore, and while her no-autonomy fridge technically works in the game, once you put leftovers in it, you can't take them out again.  I'm so used to using that hack that it just astonishes me how often my sims now go to the fridge to cook a meal only for themselves when there are hungry kids in the house.  AND they don't autonomously use the leftovers, so unless I catch them in the act, cancel the action and tell them to, the leftovers never get used.  I've been turning the fridge around so they can't get to it, but that's just a pain.

I used to use Inge's fridge but now I use the no autonomous cooking one and it still works in my game.  If they can't autonomously cook thay don't need to go to the fridge.  I think it's by Squinge.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 March 02, 06:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another mod I've been wanting actually since the EP was announced is changing the sunrise/sunset times. Where I live, it's only light from about 9 am to 3 pm in winter, and in summer the sun doesn't set until 11 pm or so. So I find the darkness of the Sims summer quite depressing. It should be light much longer during summer than during winter.

I have no idea if it can be done or not, but I would love it anyway.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 March 02, 09:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I tried to place a fence to place the doors, cuz that's what it said they had to be on, but it wouldn't go on a fence either, so I deleted it and just placed the doors, but obviously it's just acting as though they weren't there..

Kinda sounds like you're trying to use regular doors for your greenhouse - that doesn't work. There's a special greenhouse door in your gardening section.

nope, actually I was using the greenhouse doors, and I still can't get them to work in my game. I even started a new greenhouse from scratch. I am a pretty advanced builder, not new to this at all, just so you know.  I went in after this last night and tried again. Every time no matter what I do I get the "Must be placed on a fence" message. In fact, the only way I COULD get a door on my greenhouse was to put up a section of wall and put a different door on it (so yes, that does work by the way) but I really want my greenhouse door Sad It will go down if I place it with move objects on, but then I might as well not even have a green house because it doesn't act like a room.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 March 02, 10:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am desperate for a way to turn my sims into plant sims on purpose. I've been playing the game for a while trying to get it to happen and letting all the gardens go to hell in a handbasket just so I could spray them, and still no luck.

I read in the guide that "after adult or elder Sims have personally sprayed plants/trees on their lot 100 times, every subsequent spraying carries a 10 percent change of turning them into PlantSims" (p. 103). I agree with Ellatrue, that seems a bit prolongued.

-Amanda

Are you KIDDING me?! 100 Times?!

I've spent all day gardening with various sims, it seems to me it's nearly impossible to have them garden and NOT become plantsims. Every friggan one! I planted a plot with strips of soil, 6 plots long, I think I had 4 strips, because I wanted to see if I could make a living off gardening. I began the game with a toddler and my selfsim became a plant I think the day after she became a child (it's between two "Robin Grew Up Well" memories, but it surprised me how short of a time it took). Any decently sized garden will give you plantsims in no time.

INFP or something
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 March 02, 10:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope, actually I was using the greenhouse doors, and I still can't get them to work in my game. I even started a new greenhouse from scratch. I am a pretty advanced builder, not new to this at all, just so you know.  I went in after this last night and tried again. Every time no matter what I do I get the "Must be placed on a fence" message. In fact, the only way I COULD get a door on my greenhouse was to put up a section of wall and put a different door on it (so yes, that does work by the way) but I really want my greenhouse door Sad It will go down if I place it with move objects on, but then I might as well not even have a green house because it doesn't act like a room.

Sounds to me like maybe something got corrupted after install? You should back up your neighborhoods and downloads and try reinstalling Seasons.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2007 March 02, 10:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't LIVE without no social worker [don't remember if that's an awesome hack or not]. I also am not able to adequately function without bathroom uses you and business runs you... all the macrotastic functions, for that matter! I'm gonna check out the seasons hacks that have been updated already when I get home. Since I'm getting the game today... it should be there when I get home... I want to dive right in and have all the necessary hax.

If anyone knows anything about the no social worker hack, I'd appreciate it. ^_^

Also, did they break the nude hack again, or no? I hate mosaic in my pron and in my sims.  Angry
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 March 02, 11:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember correctly, no social worker is by Inge who now posts at Dinnerbell.  http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 March 02, 11:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want a NO plantsimism hack. I hate having those ugly supernatural creatures in my game and this forces it upon you unless you buy a trillion ladybug houses.

I'm also begging for smart-serve! I never knew how many times sims would go to the fridge and cook when their hunger meter is not even a quarter empty. Why in the world don't they autonomously grab the leftovers if they are going to be doing that bullshit? It's pissing me off!
Laura Castellano
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 March 02, 11:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to use Inge's fridge but now I use the no autonomous cooking one and it still works in my game.  If they can't autonomously cook thay don't need to go to the fridge.  I think it's by Squinge.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of that one.  I'll go see if I can track it down.  Sounds like it will solve the problem.

While we're on the subject, I vote for a "fitness while gardening" hack, too.  I've never had so many fat sims.  I thought food you grew yourself was supposed to be more healthy!   Grin

There was something else while I was playing this morning that I was wishing someone would fix, but now of course, my elderly brain has decided to dump that info.  I'll think of it again when I play some more, and report back.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 March 02, 13:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the phrase "and it's not just produce and pescados" in the Prima guide.  Is this a shout out? Wink

Pescado is Spanish for fish.
Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 March 02, 13:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the game today, have it installed w/o hacks. Oh crud...is that a bummer. So I've exited out and getting ready to go through my hacks folder to update what needs it and stick it back in there.Then I'll play some more.

Did notice something odd, maybe it'll right itself as I play through the SIM day, but had two SIMS Woohoo and try for baby. Ok, got the music so we're having a kid. 6AM comes and everyone's energy meter is full except hers. She's low on energy, bladder, hygiene and of course close to starvation. Either they've screwed the code for pregnant sims like they did with the babies crying all the time as posted above or I need to play longer and see if this improves. She should have gotten up with her energy meter full, hunger would have probably been mid way and bladder ..well probably needed a bathroom run. Anyone else noticed this?

Fishing seems neat though. Yes I can see the fishies in the pond. So I would think that's definitely a video card glitch if you can't. I have a GF 256 meg 6600. Everything is aok in game settings with it.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 March 02, 13:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This'll sound really mean, but are you sure she was actually sleeping?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 March 02, 13:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This'll sound really mean, but are you sure she was actually sleeping?

I was going to ask the same thing, and no i haven't had this problem.  Had several pregnant sims and play with my hacks and nothing like that happened.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 March 02, 15:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not for me, although yes - there is now spinning animation for wardrobes - the door changing still causes the spin.. I really hope someone sorts this out, the constant changing of clothes is very annoying.

Isn't the additional Wonder Woman rip-off anim caused by the coat rack? I happen to know that uses custom code because for some reason they make children use the step stool (at least I think they do).

Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 March 02, 16:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah she is sleeping. It seems to be improving as time wears on. When I got back into the game (Added the hacks) then it had them all standing around with the standard maxed out energy and  bladder, social, fun and hunger about 1/2 way. After that it was fairly normal for pg lady sims.Maybe longer sleeping time to get the bar to full, but other than that pretty normal.

However the damn game decided to crash. I have the autoyak, phone hack and macrotastics files in there.(The latest and greatest from Director's Cut)
Crashed when she was on the phone yaking with a friend. So it was using the autoyak feature. It may be because I had not removed the Pets-visitor controller. Sausville's Hack conflict dector has always shown a conflict with that and phonehack.But it always worked just fine in Pets. So I took the visitor controller out for now. Maybe that's it. However
before I had installed pets I had an audio related glitch that would crash the game no matter which lot you were in or what you were doing and when I deleted the groups.cache it fixed the problem. Probably way past time to delete that again. Will give that a whirl and see if things run smoothly again.

I was at 2 days left in winter and so far no snow. However the pond froze over on day 3 and they had started to put on a coat. Oh well it'll restart back at winter day 1 so we'll see if things progress any differently this time.

P.S. The fridge thing with the leftovers. Some custom fridge's just don't have the option to store leftovers. Some that do lets you put them in and not take them out. So I will have to weed out which one's might work and which one's just don't.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 March 02, 21:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing that crosses my mind that I would want...  something to make my game say autumn, not fall!
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 March 02, 21:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have exactly the opposite reaction.  I would love a "no plantsims under any circumstances" hack, like the ones that are available for preventing vampire biting, etc.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who prefers to keep the game realistic.

jfade at DJS Sims just made one; you can find it at http://www.djssims.com/index.php?category=10

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 March 02, 22:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess the new fish dishes are incredibly fattening, because he's eaten maybe 3 plates of food total over 4 days (thanks, leftovers!), and his fitness bar has dropped like a stone.
Does noeatcrap take care of this if the sims aren't lazy?

So far I've had all my sims gorging on the sparkly food, but they might've been low Active.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: