More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:04:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 193025 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 01, 16:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like you can put the whole platter in the fridge, but any plates that have been served must be put away individually.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 01, 16:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Rainbow, it's under Info...Temperature Stats

*breaking out the "I heart Pescado" shirt*

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 01, 16:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not there!  Cry  All I see is Test IQ.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 01, 16:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not there!  Cry  All I see is Test IQ.

Strange. I'd just started my game back up after updating it from the one I'd updated yesterday when I read your post. So I looked when I was done posting (stupid me) and it was there. Did you download it before he'd uploaded the new one, maybe?

There's a new version of the clothing tool today, too. (Yay!)

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 01, 17:14:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the latest Lot Debugger from the FFS Seasons directory, but the package file inside the zip was dated 2/16.  And I don't see anything about the temperature.  Was the wrong one uploaded?

No, the one I just downloaded is dated today -- maybe you're looking at an older archive and put the new one someplace else?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 01, 17:30:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just redownloaded it three times.  The zip is dated March 1.  It's the one here:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/seasons/hacks/ffsdebugger.zip
When I open it, the file inside is dated 2/16/07, and when I go to put it in my Downloads\Hacks dir, it says do you want to overwrite the current file dated 2/16 with the new one dated 2/16?  Huh
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 01, 17:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is dated today too and that's where I obtained it. But I'll solve the immediate problem by attaching it here, unzipped, since it's only 28 KB.  Cheesy

You don't happen to maybe have the old one lurking in another directory somewhere, do you?

* ffsdebugger.package (27.67 KB - downloaded 237 times.)

- Kurt Vonnegut
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 01, 17:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I made a brand new empty directory for my downloads, and I only have Pescado, TJ, and Crammyboy directories in there.  I know it's the old one because when I open the zip file directly from the Seasons directory, it shows the date on the package file as 2/16, so Pescado has an old version on there.  But I just saw the MATY.zip has been uploaded, and when I downloaded it, the ffsdebugger.package is dated 3/1/07.  So I am going to try that.  I appreciate your uploading it for me.  Pescado just needs to fix the zip file in the Seasons directory.  Tongue
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 March 01, 18:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use the Director's CUt-seasons!  It's been updated and has the correct FFS Lot Debugger in it.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 March 01, 18:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's what I meant by the MATY.zip.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 March 01, 19:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a new beef that i just noticed.  Garden Spinklers yes you heard garden spinklers i've had a total of 3 broken spinklers within a matter of sim days.  It's stupid and incredibly annoying if you don't notice they've broken.  Anyone else got them breaking so much?
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 March 01, 19:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine have never broken, when they break is it like when showers break?

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 March 01, 20:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a new beef that i just noticed.  Garden Spinklers yes you heard garden spinklers i've had a total of 3 broken spinklers within a matter of sim days.  It's stupid and incredibly annoying if you don't notice they've broken.  Anyone else got them breaking so much?

Aren't they called sprinklers?  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 March 01, 20:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine have never broken, when they break is it like when showers break?

When they break you see water dribbling out of the sprinkler it doesn't make puddles though and it's not overly noticable all the time.

aussieone:  Odd i coulda sworn i put r's in there.  Oh well usually i skip whole words instead.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 March 01, 20:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see a moded version of the a plant-sim, where they have an aversion to water like a gremlin, and a mermaid variation where they have to stay in contact with water all the time or they die within 2 sim hours or something.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 March 01, 20:57:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, after playing a bit more I have a few requests for mods.
1) I love the advantages of being a plantsim, but would it be possible to be one and have my sims look normal instead of a jolly green giant?
2) Please please please make the "talk to" time for plants shorter, even with my plant sim it's so long I spend all day talking to my garden... and it's not that big!
3) When requesting the garden club membership could we get an option for the individual OR the whole household? I think it's kind of stupid that the whole house is judged on the same garden, but everyone has to be judged individually, it's kind of annoying...
4) Maybe this one has been requested and/or done already but I didn't see it... I would like macros for tend to and talk to, separately and also included in the "garden" option if possible? That would be soooooo helpful.

Does anyone know yet how the snapdragons effect your temprature?  Maybe I'm doing this wrong somehow, but I have a greenhouse and it's not that big, I have 3 sun lamps in it... why are my sims freezing cold still?  I'm assuming it has something to do with my having trouble placing the doors... I couldn't place them on the greenhouse walls, it said it had to be a fence, so I tried to put them on a fence and it still didn't work, so I did moveobjects on and put them in place, but it acts as though it's still outside. I have the roof on the greenhouse yet it still snows inside and my sims freeze up in there when it should act as though they are in the home shouldn't it?

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 March 01, 21:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried building one.  I've just seen the one that is on the Roths' lot in Riverblossom.  Maybe that would give you some ideas?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 March 01, 21:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they get cold, I think you have to do something to make them warm again... if you are using a fence then the greenhouse isn't enclosed, either, and it counts the same as being outside. I was able to place the greenhouse doors with no trouble, maybe try rebuilding it? Are there any objects blocking the walls?

I am desperate for a way to turn my sims into plant sims on purpose. I've been playing the game for a while trying to get it to happen and letting all the gardens go to hell in a handbasket just so I could spray them, and still no luck. Hopefully someone will make it soon... but I'm sure it won't be long before someone makes it.  I really want to have a decently attractive, non-maxis sim become a plant sim, so I can spawn a bunch of good gardeners for the neighborhood...

As far as the "jolly green giant" goes, I don't mind the green, I just wish the plant sim had more hairstyle options.

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 March 01, 21:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I've been having to do it plate by plate as well.
With you AND Rainbow saying the same thing I'm glad I'm not doing something wrong cause you never know. lol. Ok then since it's not me I want a hack for this cause it's dang annoying having to do plate by plate plus the platter. Uhg. And I also would like the plant talking to time much less then what it is now.  Roll Eyes

And Kat thank you for posting the lot debugger because I had the same issue as Rainbow.

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 March 01, 21:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eve..I'm not sure what the problem is with the greenhouse. I built one, put a roof on it and installed 3 doors and don't have your problem. Believe me, building the sillly greenhouse was work for me. I'm a complete idiot when it comes to building. Why are you using a fence for walls..maybe that's why you can't place doors? At least 50% of the walls have to be greenhouse walls..the rest have to be regular walls.  My greenhouse is 'indoors' as far as my Sims are concerned. The fact that it's snowing in your greenhouse is maybe a clue to a roof problem?  

ETA: Snapdragons have no effect on temp as far as I can tell. I use them in the greenhouse for mood. I may be wrong, since the greenhouse is considered 'indoors' where temp is ideal.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 March 01, 21:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they get cold, I think you have to do something to make them warm again... if you are using a fence then the greenhouse isn't enclosed, either, and it counts the same as being outside. I was able to place the greenhouse doors with no trouble, maybe try rebuilding it? Are there any objects blocking the walls?

I am desperate for a way to turn my sims into plant sims on purpose. I've been playing the game for a while trying to get it to happen and letting all the gardens go to hell in a handbasket just so I could spray them, and still no luck. Hopefully someone will make it soon... but I'm sure it won't be long before someone makes it.  I really want to have a decently attractive, non-maxis sim become a plant sim, so I can spawn a bunch of good gardeners for the neighborhood...

As far as the "jolly green giant" goes, I don't mind the green, I just wish the plant sim had more hairstyle options.

Well I tried to place a fence to place the doors, cuz that's what it said they had to be on, but it wouldn't go on a fence either, so I deleted it and just placed the doors, but obviously it's just acting as though they weren't there...I will have to tinker with it more to find out what's up with those doors, or try different ones maybe....sigh. But the walls went up just fine.
yeah I've had a few near freezing, just make em hop in the shower or drink hot chocolate they are fine. there are so many cute little things that pop up with the new seasons, it's so fun... I had a penguin running through my house and had a flashback of billy madison ha ha
My plant sim was just a fluke... I had a couple who was gardening together, I had sprayed a few plants here and there, nothing major... only one plant needed it, he went out and there was a puff of smoke and poof, there he was... funny that he only had a silver badge and the wife was gold...he's still at sliver come to think of it... however, I had made him fish once first, maybe that makes a difference? I love it though, keeping the motives up is easy then! I just wish they looked normal, my sim guys I don't mind, my girls are so pretty... and I want to see them that way Sad I don't want green babies either Tongue lol

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 March 01, 22:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2) Please please please make the "talk to" time for plants shorter, even with my plant sim it's so long I spend all day talking to my garden... and it's not that big!

Ugh, "Talk to" is a _timed_ interaction? I figured after a Sim hour or so she wasn't going to stop so I kept canceling out of it. No wonder it didn't seem to do squat. In that case I second/third/nth a mod to make the time much shorter.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 March 01, 22:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They will talk to the plant til the plant status is "Thriving"

laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 March 01, 22:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like some sort of mod that allows the sim to gain fitness while gardening.

I've been playing the single male that comes with Riverblossom- Leod? All he eats is fish dishes from his pond, and he spends all his time breaking his back gardening, but he's fat as a house. I guess the new fish dishes are incredibly fattening, because he's eaten maybe 3 plates of food total over 4 days (thanks, leftovers!), and his fitness bar has dropped like a stone. I think sims should get fitter by gardening- all that bending over planting, tending, watering, etc really works up a sweat IRL, why not for the sims? After all, they sure get tired, hungry and stinky from it.

I like having him "live off the land", so to speak. I don't want to have to make time every day to have him work off that trout he ate half a plate of.

I'd also love the Plantsims to have more hairstyles. Long, ivy-leaf hair would be neat, or short, spiky pine needles?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 March 01, 23:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know yet how the snapdragons effect your temprature?  Maybe I'm doing this wrong somehow, but I have a greenhouse and it's not that big, I have 3 sun lamps in it... why are my sims freezing cold still?  I'm assuming it has something to do with my having trouble placing the doors... I couldn't place them on the greenhouse walls, it said it had to be a fence, so I tried to put them on a fence and it still didn't work, so I did moveobjects on and put them in place, but it acts as though it's still outside. I have the roof on the greenhouse yet it still snows inside and my sims freeze up in there when it should act as though they are in the home shouldn't it?

In order to be a proper greenhouse, half the walls have to be the greenhouse walls, and the others can only be regular walls, not fences.

And yes, they will "talk to" until the plant is thriving, or it raises 80 points. So if the plant isn't doing that great, it will take a LONG time.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: