More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 06:43:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?  (Read 194536 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 01, 04:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After less than 24 hours of having the game, I already am desperate for an anti-it's raining/snowing/hailing hack! For crying out loud, when I'm asleep at night, I don't suddenly know that it's snowing and wake up to run to the window to complain or cheer. And there's sure no reason for them to drop actions to do this multiple times if it continues! I can see it being cute every now and then, if the Sim was idling, but to drop actions 5+ times for every single longish storm?!?!  Roll Eyes Who's bright idea was that?

Oh Lord, don't tell me that.  Mine's coming tomorrow and I was looking forward to it.

I think I'll kiss Pescado anyway.  (ha ha ha)

Inteen for AL, yay!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 01, 04:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are only three types of tree that need to be tended like this and if you don't plant veges it will all be just the same as normal.

I'm missing the sleepclock and the bathroom and baby controllers the most.
Me too.  What's up with them?
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 01, 05:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once you set a hood's seasons, can you change it? It's set by hood, right? Not by lot? I mean other than the weather machine.

Like if I set my reality hood to be constant winter [cause it's currently winter], will I be able to change it to spring later? Or will it always be winter? I wanted to have my reality hood mirror ... reality.... [durr] in every aspect possible. Wink
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 01, 05:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The manual that comes with the EP says you can change the hood seasons by clicking on the season icon in the menu on the upper left (the sub-hood chooser).  So I take that to mean you can change them on the fly if you want.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 01, 06:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a hack stop my sims from changing to outerwear everytime they go through the front or back door? Its driving me potty!  Grrrr its very annoying. Also makes the coat rack thingy somewhat usless.

I haven't really got to grips with the game yet, so far I have been through winter and part into spring and apart from a teeny bit on snow cover on the ground I have yet to see any weather. Also only managed to grow sickly tomatoes.. yum teehee

Any help regarding this constant changing of clothes would be greatly appreciated, its really ruining the game for me.

Thanks
-Xi-
xXx
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 01, 06:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The manual that comes with the EP says you can change the hood seasons by clicking on the season icon in the menu on the upper left (the sub-hood chooser).  So I take that to mean you can change them on the fly if you want.

Yes, doing that will change them for the whole hood.  I started off with season 1 = spring, then changed it to season 1 = winter by clicking on the button at the top, and it made the change for the whole hood.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 01, 07:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing for 2 hours and I desperately need a no autonomous water balloons hack.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 01, 07:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually enjoying the changing into outerwear, and it solves a lot of the hassle of having to remember yourself each time.

I think I'd like it if they changed without spinning.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 01, 09:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a hack stop my sims from changing to outerwear everytime they go through the front or back door? Its driving me potty!  Grrrr its very annoying. Also makes the coat rack thingy somewhat usless.

It will also make it hard to freeze the buggers to death.

Inteen for AL, yay!
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 01, 09:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd like it if they changed without spinning.

They can, get Monique's 'change outfit-no spin', seems to be working in my game so far.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 01, 10:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not exactly a Seasons mod needed, but something about this seems wrong:

And I can't get the ARRRficial version due to a download limit on my connection.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 01, 10:57:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Venusy: cancel and get the game somewhere else, then maybe the guide will ship. They are obviously having supply issues.  Cheesy

I also like the auto-changing. Even in outerwear, you can freeze them to death, anyway. Or if you want to speed it along, send them for a swim, then make them stand around in their swimsuits.

I just wish EA had given us some reliable way (not the weatherman) of knowing what the temperature is outside. Yeah IRL, the weatherman can be wrong most of the time, but I can look at my own thermometer or stick my head out the window and know that he's wrong.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 01, 12:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the auto changing to outwear its just a pain in the ass when they do it to cross to another room.  For instance on the 2nd floor i have a balcony outside the bedroom with 2 doors.  Now instead of being intelligent and going through the house they change into outwear walk onto the balcony go to the other door, change into normal and go to bed.  Doesn't seem to happen when they come downstairs from the bedroom though.

btw what the heck is wrong with the sleepclock and bathroom uses you?  I've been using them without problems.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 01, 12:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw what the heck is wrong with the sleepclock and bathroom uses you?  I've been using them without problems.

Not necessarily anything wrong with them -- their absence from the Seasons directory just means that JMP hasn't checked them for compatibility yet.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 01, 12:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not necessarily anything wrong with them -- their absence from the Seasons directory just means that JMP hasn't checked them for compatibility yet.

Ahh okay thought it might be something like that.  I just left ALL my hacks in (which i'm aware its probably a really really dumb idea), seriously it'd be too much work to take them out.  I had several issues so each time one arrised i would search for hacks that could be the problem and removed them.  So far that's worked fine for me.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 01, 12:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish EA had given us some reliable way (not the weatherman) of knowing what the temperature is outside. Yeah IRL, the weatherman can be wrong most of the time, but I can look at my own thermometer or stick my head out the window and know that he's wrong.

It would be great if the temp would appear on the control panel, like maybe next to the clock. Seems like it would be pretty easy to use or ignore it, as you wished.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 01, 12:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My people are constantly showeing and bathing, I mean CONSTANTLY!!!  Is there anyway to make a no autonomous bathing hack.  I don't know if this is a feature, glitch, bug or *gasp* hack related issue.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 01, 12:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you look in Crammy's mods?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 01, 13:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be great if the temp would appear on the control panel, like maybe next to the clock. Seems like it would be pretty easy to use or ignore it, as you wished.
Thermometry is not a part of the game and the internal values do not map to "real life" values at all, as sims want to be at 0 and run between -100 and 100, but the Lot Debugger currently has a display of this functionality.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 01, 13:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know!

Also, themometry may be my favorite word this week. It's like you can't say it without pushing up your horn-rimmed glasses.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
MsHacksalot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 01, 15:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nodormieregen

No Friends Needed for Careers

Thank You!
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 01, 15:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or do your sims have to put away leftovers one by one?
I had a sim serve food for dinner and their were guests who didn't eat it so I clicked on it to use the leftover option but it seems they have to do it plate by plate or am I missing something here?

Will check out the Lot Debugger though as that temp function will come in handy, Thanks!

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 01, 16:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I've been having to do it plate by plate as well.

After playing a few hours today, I guess I have another request: I'd like it to be reliably cold throughout the entire winter. I just played through an entire season in which it never snowed, and they stayed in their undies when outside half the time- with no consequences. The temperature only seemed to drop when I forced it to snow with the weather machine, in the very last day.

I mean, I can see something like that happening in California, but not so much in other places. I would think that you'd get a mix of warm/cold in fall and spring, and winter would be consistent. Or at least that's how I'd like it to be in the game.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 01, 16:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the latest Lot Debugger from the FFS Seasons directory, but the package file inside the zip was dated 2/16.  And I don't see anything about the temperature.  Was the wrong one uploaded?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 01, 16:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, My Sim was able to stick a whole serving platter of sammiches into the fridge. Granted that was the only time I tried it but it worked fine for me.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: