More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 05:30:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife Nightmare
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife Nightmare  (Read 16089 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Nightlife Nightmare
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 26, 13:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe. Macrovision. More annoying for the honest customer and less capable of stopping software piracy than any other method. Tongue

Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 26, 18:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good lord .. they expect the average user to follow all that?

I hate how their first answer is always to tell people to shut down all open processes.  You shouldn't go shutting down processes in task manager, willy nilly, unless you actually know what they are and whether it's safe to do so.  And telling people to shut down their virus scanners and fire walls is just dangerous.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 26, 18:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they want you to install spyware on your computer, too. Like hell I'm installing some Macrovision piece of shit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 27, 05:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me three days to install the new ep. After so many failed attempts I just uninstalled the whole thing, deleted the registry entry and reinstalled without any of my custom content or neighborhoods until I got uni done. Before putting NL on I put my neighborhoods and downloads back in, minus the hacks. THEN nl would install.  First time I ever had so much trouble with a game installation.

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 27, 17:01:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jeez, ZiggyDoodle, that's just bloody stupid! I concur with Azkar. Why do anything simply at all? Why not just follow the complete lunacy?

Thanks Bluecatvon, I'll give it a try.

Meh...
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 01, 10:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's only a guess, cuz i always see my friends do that. please report if it works Wink

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Vesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 01, 18:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It took me 4 tries to install NL.  The first time, stopped at 51%.  The second time, got all the way through, stopped at "please wait".  The third time, stopped at 51%.  The fourth time, I put the cds in my other drive and it took.

Wish I had thought to use both drives, too.  I was at it for 2 hours.

I got a complete and, what I thought was, a normal install the first time around but when I played (completely hackless) for about an hour, I realized it wasn't playing properly (missing animations, missing sound, etc.).  So, I had to uninstall the entire game and reinstall it and it's worked fine since.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 03, 15:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to have found this oasis of information; a refreshing contrast to the inanity of the Sims BBS.

Against my better judgment I purchased Nightlife; thought I'd wait for the Uni patch first, but my curiosity got the better of me. 

Am running a Dell Dimension 8400 with 1GB Ram, Pentium 4 processor (3.2GHz), 80 GB HD (half empty) 128MB ATI Radeon PCI Express X300SE video card, and Windoze XP Home Edition.   No hacks, no downloaded custom content. HD is defragged and the firewall, a.v. software, and backround tasks are turned off during my attempts to install.

That said, Nightlife won't install.  Disk #1 runs fine, then when I remove the first disk and insert disk #2 in the CD/DVD-ROM drive, nothing happens.  The last file shown on the installation window is TsData/control/control.dat   At 51% of the install, it stops.  Have waited for as long as 30 minutes for it to do something before cancelling the installation.

Since TS2 and Uni EP installed and run just fine, I exchanged the disks thinking they were defective.  Same issue with the second set.  Cleaned the disks to make sure they were spotless.  No luck.

Am I being impatient?  Does it take several hours for this EP to install?  Or do I have lousy luck and got another set of defective disks?

Thanks

I had this happen to me  check your game file (my documents) if you removed it you will need to put it back in but  and this is a big one REMOVE the http cache, collections, movies,saved sims,teleport,downloads and neighborhoods and save them on your desktop.(the reason for this is to save your game progress and you can put them back after installation) and try and see if it finishes installation. I had removed my ea games folder and it wouldnt finish installation because the folder wasnt there.

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 03, 18:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased a copy of NL. It came whilst I was away in London so yesterday I unwrapped the shiny little beggar - after carefully removing the downloads folder - and installed. Voila! Not a single hitch. It ran beautifully, and all my sims, houses and what nots... still there. Too damn good, I thought, so put back in the downloads san hacks. Still running well and without a hitch. Now all I gotta do is check all my hacks against a definitive list and place them carefully back. Which is dull. Dull, tedious and dull...

The only issue I do seem to have is that the game seems to be really blurry. So much so that the sims in play don't look like they have hands but clubs. Nothing is sharply defined, and I've checked all my drivers (upto date), so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Meh...
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 03, 19:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

laeshanin, make sure you've set your video options back up to where they were. Nightlife usually resets them allllll the way down to the lowest quality.

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 03, 19:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, because this spanner hadn't thought of that. Duh.  Roll Eyes Thanks.

Meh...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: